When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

18 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I thought this week and next were supposed to have significantly lower supply?!

so a bit of info from my local area that the mass vaccination centres have been asked to stand down some of the volunteers for the next few weeks .... 3 centres that are presumably jabbing with Pfizer ... and that seems to fit with lower supply on that ... maybe because Somerset are doing well ... however my sister has been jabbing pfizer into the arms in Kent and hasnt seen any supply constraints yet but that is further behind ... Meanwhile im signed up to help but the shifts are booked solid at the moment ... I guess because of furlough etc and I cant get anything ... great news 

‘Meeting up is against the law’ is such a bad message to be displayed outright like that video shows. It’s only going to encourage the ‘they can’t tell me what to do’ mentality. 
Everybody knows that it’s not allowed, and some are choosing to do it regardless. Nothing like this is going to stop that - thankfully the vast majority of people are abiding very well with the rules as they can see the bigger picture. 

46 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Well done Macron

Imagine the privilege of just not showing up. Meanwhile 130 countries are without any vaccine at all. I wonder if Macron will ever go on record to say he misspoke about this. Probably not. I know that the French Health Minister had the Ox/Az vaccine to try and encourage others to. Hopefully the US trial data drops soon and clearly shows that efficacy is strong across the age ranges.

Edited by PM87

3 minutes ago, PM87 said:

Imagine the privilege of just not showing up. Meanwhile 130 countries are without any vaccine at all. I wonder if Macron will ever go on record to say he misspoke about this. Probably not. I know that the French Health Minister had the Ox/Az vaccine to try and encourage others to. Hopefully the US trial data drops soon and clearly shows that efficacy is strong across the age ranges.

Misspoke is being generous! The guy is a complete moron and the comments he made were outrageous.

8 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Misspoke is being generous! The guy is a complete moron and the comments he made were outrageous.

True. I re-read what he said earlier and it's just so irresponsible, especially when he's well aware of the challenges that his government face with the anti-vax movement there. No matter what his opinions on a particular vaccine are, he needs to tread incredibly carefully with any rhetoric about them. Just pure stupidity. Not to mention the fact that the data available for the over 65s doesn't suggest that the Ox/Az is 'quasi-effective' at all. You can say that there's less data available, sure, not that it doesn't work. But hey, suggesting a vaccine is shite gives a convenient focus for blame for a farcical start to a vaccine roll out. Or am I being too cynical here?

Edited by PM87

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

imagine what the capacity is going to be when the supply constraints start to disappear .... whats the max people reckon we could do daily ? Id take a punt at 850,000 .... 

Million I reckon. Could easily have done at least twice as many a day when I've had volunteer shifts. 

32 minutes ago, duke88 said:

It's absolutely disgusting - poorer countries would give anything to have this vaccine, and people are turning it down. 

The data posted for Germany yesterday was even worse! Ireland got roughy the same amount of AZ doses as Berlin (just over 30,000 arrived for Monday). As of yesterday, they had administered 990 of them. All of ours will be in arms by tomorrow. If they don’t want them, we’ll have them!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

The data posted for Germany yesterday was even worse! Ireland got roughy the same amount of AZ doses as Berlin (just over 30,000 arrived for Monday). As of yesterday, they had administered 990 of them. All of ours will be in arms by tomorrow. If they don’t want them, we’ll have them!

That leak from the German health ministry a really bad idea...

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

imagine what the capacity is going to be when the supply constraints start to disappear .... whats the max people reckon we could do daily ? Id take a punt at 850,000 .... 

I wouldn't be surprised if they start doing longer days when we get the first 9 groups complete.

I know they scrapped the trials for 24 hour vaccinations, and I'm not saying we will do 24 hours, but I think when we get to younger, fitter groups, people will be happy to go much earlier/later.

I can see why they don't vaccinate 80 year olds at 10pm, but when it comes to blitzing through those under 50, there isn't any reason not to increase the time window if supply isn't an issue.