When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Heard from two people today that are not on any vulnerable list (aged 35 and 40) that they’ve received texts offering the vaccine this week. One could be classed as a carer as she lives with elderly grandparents but the other has no idea why she’s been contacted.

Wonder if they’ve smashed through the targets round here?

Mrs Finn (38) is getting her vaccine tomorrow after being contacted over the weekend. Hasn't been identified as vulnerable or anything like that. We're a little bit mystified, to be honest.

My sister (28) is receiving the vaccine on Saturday because she is asthmatic.

My housemate who is a teacher shared a story from her work WhatsApp group today. A colleague of hers received a message to say she could now book her vaccine and she was bemused as to why she was being called in - she is in her early 30s with no health conditions. When she called to query if it was because she was a teacher, she was told that it's because she is classed as clinically obese and is therefore at risk of diabetes / more vulnerable to hospitalisation if she catches Covid. She told them that this is news to her as she is not obese. Turns out that on the system, her weight in pounds had been entered in kilograms (or something to that effect, I'm terrible with systems of measurement. Essentially they thought she was heavier than she is). 

Edited by PM87

16 minutes ago, PM87 said:

My sister (28) is receiving the vaccine on Saturday because she is asthmatic.

My housemate who is a teacher shared a story from her work WhatsApp group today. A colleague of hers received a message to say she could now book her vaccine and she was bemused as to why she was being called in - she is in her early 30s with no health conditions. When she called to query if it was because she was a teacher, she was told that it's because she is classed as clinically obese and is therefore at risk of diabetes / more vulnerable to hospitalisation if she catches Covid. She told them that this is news to her as she is not obese. Turns out that on the system, her weight in pounds had been entered in kilograms (or something to that effect, I'm terrible with systems of measurement. Essentially they thought she was heavier than she is). 

Good story. Man, I wish I was clinically obese.

2 hours ago, danmarks said:

Probably not the place to put this put the Who tour rescheduled from last year has now been officially cancelled. (March).  Obviously it wasnt going to happen this March but the first big name ive had out and out cancelled.  More to follow?

Same happened with Nick Cave a while back. Was May last year I think, rescheduled to April. And now cancelled. I do wonder if issues around touring a now quite old album play a part for some of these decisions.

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

Heard from two people today that are not on any vulnerable list (aged 35 and 40) that they’ve received texts offering the vaccine this week. One could be classed as a carer as she lives with elderly grandparents but the other has no idea why she’s been contacted.

Wonder if they’ve smashed through the targets round here?

Same thing happened to my brother. 46, mild asthma, certainly not on any list.

2 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Incase you;re interested @quark - 2 weeks on from the last update and we're at 47 cases (from 107) - in a population of 107K. 23 of those symptomatic.  0 cases in care homes and 0 cases in hospital 

Shops opened 2 weeks ago, close contact stuff (eg hairdressers, beauticians, tattoo studios/piercers  ) last wednesday and we're hanging on in there. Next stage is outdoor sports I think today or end of this week and then restaurants this time next week. (10 maximum per table, last orders 10pm, and 2.5 hour time limit) - no mixing in houses still and no gyms, and the struggle is at the moment with such low figures to keep everyone abiding by the rules but we're doing it for the greater good (I hope) 

Its super strange coming out of lockdown , as loads of questions why people can meet 10 people for a meal but can;t meet mum in her home etc (its apparently all to do with  controlled or uncontrolled environments which is a really horrible terminology) 

Anyway thats my update from this little island ........ 

Sounds like good progress! Really happy for you to see things edging closer to some kind of normal 🙂

4 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Severe asthma. Think you have to have been hospitalised for it at some point, maybe some other criteria too 

Here it’s if it is being managed with oral steroids (which would be the higher end of management). I’d assume it’s pretty similar in the UK. I’ve been hospitalised twice for asthma (first time I found out I was allergic to aspirin, second time I found out that it was all NSAIDs!)...still not on a priority list because of it (I am as a biomedical researcher though, go figure!)...