When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Pretty sure bars are not open to visit and although restaurants are open, it's for takeaway only.

And there's a curfew unlike in the UK.

https://www.visitportugal.com/en/content/covid-19-measures-implemented-portugal

By “curfew” do you mean that you can’t travel between regions between 5pm Friday and 8am Monday?

1 hour ago, Mellotr0n said:

Wonderful news.

Agreed, this is great. Hopefully now all of the useful information on this thread (of which there is a lot) will be easier to find, and the political echo chamber nonsense is kept safely somewhere else.

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

https://www.visitportugal.com/en/content/covid-19-measures-implemented-portugal

By “curfew” do you mean that you can’t travel between regions between 5pm Friday and 8am Monday?

No. In the main cities, there's an 11pm curfew at night and a 1pm (!) curfew at weekends!

No one allowed out for any reason after then...

You're right on the education.

3 minutes ago, km9 said:

Agreed, this is great. Hopefully now all of the useful information on this thread (of which there is a lot) will be easier to find, and the political echo chamber nonsense is kept safely somewhere else.

Hopefully people can start to show appreciation for all the information that is posted here instead of focussing on the parts they don’t like 😉

15 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I think ROI have had it / still have it pretty restrictive as well don't they?

Yep, we have everything you guys have, plus we can't go more than 5km from home without a good reason. Had to go to the dentist in the city centre on Saturday (gave me an appointment at 2.30...I actually laughed!)...2 police checkpoints between my house and there on the way out and the way back. Been that way since December 30th and we haven't had bars open properly in Dublin since before Paddy's day last year. We even had a decent shutdown for wave 2 in September so we're just out the other side of wave 3 now. No plans on overly loosening it before Easter (there's a review on March 5th, but I doubt much will change, schools will be first back), but after that should be on a similar roadmap to you guys (vaccine starting to come in bigger deliveries now so hopefully we'll catch up soon).

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Hopefully people can start to show appreciation for all the information that is posted here instead of focussing on the parts they don’t like 😉

Why do you constantly seek praise like this? Lots of people post articles in here, it doesn't merit praise it's all just part of the discussion. You're so needy! Occasionally there will be some great insight from Toilet Duck which gets the praise it deserves cause he is very knowledgable and takes a lot of time to explain things.

3 minutes ago, km9 said:

Oi, I thought we were friends 😁

We are 😀 I didn’t mean that at you just in general terms for the thread, I could’ve worded that better. There’s quite a few others that post lots of information or put information together themselves to share it out, we could focus on those parts as a community here. 

Just now, Ozanne said:

We are 😀 I didn’t mean that at you just in general terms for the thread, I could’ve worded that better. There’s quite a few others that post lots of information or put information together themselves to share it out, we could focus on those parts as a community here. 

You mean yourself here right? You're looking for people to praise your vaccine table and articles you post in

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I was only joking mate 

35 minutes ago, xxialac said:

No. In the main cities, there's an 11pm curfew at night and a 1pm (!) curfew at weekends!

No one allowed out for any reason after then...

You're right on the education.

Not true, that was the case on municipalities depending on the rate per 100k.

But since early January it's been national lockdown and past few weekends it's been no travelling between municipalities.

Schools and universities etc closed 

Bars closed. Restaurants takeaway only.

Edited by Paul ™

27 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Yep, we have everything you guys have, plus we can't go more than 5km from home without a good reason. Had to go to the dentist in the city centre on Saturday (gave me an appointment at 2.30...I actually laughed!)...2 police checkpoints between my house and there on the way out and the way back. Been that way since December 30th and we haven't had bars open properly in Dublin since before Paddy's day last year. We even had a decent shutdown for wave 2 in September so we're just out the other side of wave 3 now. No plans on overly loosening it before Easter (there's a review on March 5th, but I doubt much will change, schools will be first back), but after that should be on a similar roadmap to you guys (vaccine starting to come in bigger deliveries now so hopefully we'll catch up soon).

I saw something on Twitter a few days ago (can't find it now which is helpful - hoping I didn't imagine it) that potentially ROI will not allow indoor events with over 50 people before Autumn - do you think there is a potential you will go down this path? Would be bad news for a lot of weddings, etc.

1 minute ago, northernringo said:

I saw something on Twitter a few days ago (can't find it now which is helpful - hoping I didn't imagine it) that potentially ROI will not allow indoor events with over 50 people before Autumn - do you think there is a potential you will go down this path? Would be bad news for a lot of weddings, etc.

The plan is to have the entire vaccination programme finished by September (if the data for kids is good, they are pencilled in for September). Talk at the moment is for most restrictions to be lifted by summer, but that international travel will have to wait. If things go the way they have in Israel, then they’ll adapt, but being cautious at the moment. 

14 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Not true, that was the case on municipalities depending on the rate per 100k.

But since early January it's been national lockdown and past few weekends it's been no travelling between municipalities.

Schools and universities etc closed 

Bars closed. Restaurants takeaway only.

Good intel.

That makes it a tougher lockdown than the U.K. with the weekend curfew in particular.