When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, zahidf said:

It's relevant to a degree but I don't think it helps to bring it up when there's good vaccine news. Some people would prefer not to have good news crapped on

It's more than that, and wasn't particularly about that particular post.

Posts which add absolutely nothing to what people might find interesting to read here, just because he has a post button and is going to use it. 

11 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Age info is in daily spreadsheets but I couldn't find everything to-date in summary. 

Have you tried this:

https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2021/02/COVID-19-total-announced-deaths-13-February-2021.xlsx

That’s total deaths up to 13th Feb, has a fan for age and whilst it breaks it down daily you can get an idea of the trend or copy the data over to Excel and total them. 

36 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

dodged a bullet? We've had 115k deaths. Oh, sorry...too negative.

Yep, now imagine the numbers and outcome if the lockdown wasn't enough to cut transmission and hospitalisation rates. Most of those 115k were completely avoidable and are horrific, however no thanks to the gvt incompetence, it could have been even worse. 

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can we have upvotes back? It's genuinely more tetchy now and I seem to remember things being worse in the days before internet points had people jostling to be the most charming.

It’s too late. Too much has been said on the Controversial Opinions thread.

We can never go back.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/13/new-do-not-resuscitate-orders-imposed-on-covid-19-patients-with-learning-difficulties

No one seems to be too interested in this story and it is one of the most important to understand when looking at the death figures, especially those that happened in the first wave. This article has focus on the disabled but it applies to the very elderly and to some not so old too. The Care Quality Commission are looking into this and have issued a preliminary report.

https://www.cqc.org.uk/publications/themed-work/review-do-not-attempt-cardiopulmonary-resuscitation-decisions-during-covid

It contains this; (bold mine)

"There were also examples from the feedback where care had not been provided to the person with a DNACPR in place–for example,a care home not calling an ambulance straight away, a delay in calling doctors, or someone who felt pressured to agree to an advance COVID-19 care plan that stated that they would stay at home without treatment if they contracted COVID-19.
Our inspectors noted that sometimes providers appeared to have conflated decisions about DNACPR/advance care directives with decisions about whether to admit people to hospital or provide COVID-19 treatment. Sometimes, conversations about a DNACPR included a wider conversation about whether someone wished to be admitted to hospital at all (that is, wider advance care planning)–these are both major decisions and some people reported feeling pressurised to make these decisions."

So while the public were out clapping the NHS for all their great work, some of them were busy pushing people into agreeing to not get the treatment they may need to save their lives. Is it any wonder care home deaths were so bad if some of them were denied treatment. The full report should be issued later this month but it's clear these notices were not issued according to the guidelines.

17 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Idiots 

you name it, 2 days ago newspaper "Die Presse" also reported in Vienna:

There is "thick air" at the Vienna General Hospital, where doctors and, above all, nurses are mobilizing against vaccination with the AstraZeneca vaccine. In an online petition addressed to the clinic management, which more than 500 nursing staff had already signed protests are made against the fact that the hospital is currently only using the AstraZeneca vaccine and no longer the original intended product from Biotech/Pfizer. Sections of the medical profession are also rebelling.

30 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Idiots 

The only two younger people I know who have had the vaccine (35 and 34, both "spares" from work) have been laid up for 3 days with the after effects, I assumed that was just normal? Is France overreacting there or just pretending its worse than it is because of supply issues? Obviously any questioning of the vaccine is bad and wrong...

9 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

The only two younger people I know who have had the vaccine (35 and 34, both "spares" from work) have been laid up for 3 days with the after effects, I assumed that was just normal? Is France overreacting there or just pretending its worse than it is because of supply issues? Obviously any questioning of the vaccine is bad and wrong...

Seriously I've said a few times. Everyone i know whos had it (100 people plus. Nhs and families). Not one person has gone - meh didn't feel a thing. 

Some have been totally mild (bit of a headache or aching arm) but some have been 1 week in bed. Most are a couple of days of feeling not quite right. 

I went back to work after the jab. Ok for the day. By the night i couldnt stay awake and couldnt wake up the next day. Headache low key for 4 days.

Just one of them things i guess and dont regret having it and encourage every one to. 

My parents both had the AZ vaccine today, they’ve been worried about the efficacy reports and wanted Pfizer.  All this negative press really doesn’t help. 
I’m very relieved they’ve been vaccinated at last.

Edited by Pipine

5 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Seriously I've said a few times. Everyone i know whos had it (100 people plus. Nhs and families). Not one person has gone - meh didn't feel a thing. 

Some have been totally mild (bit of a headache or aching arm) but some have been 1 week in bed. Most are a couple of days of feeling not quite right. 

I went back to work after the jab. Ok for the day. By the night i couldnt stay awake and couldnt wake up the next day. Headache low key for 4 days.

Just one of them things i guess and dont regret having it and encourage every one to. 

My partners mum was laid up for a week after the second dose of Pfizer. 

I've had other friends who have felt ok after both first jabs, bit have had colleagues who have been unable to work for a few days afterwards. 

Do we ask people to report any ill effects following the jabs? 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

It's more than that, and wasn't particularly about that particular post.

Posts which add absolutely nothing to what people might find interesting to read here, just because he has a post button and is going to use it. 

Oh come on half the of the posts on here are bollocks especially of late.. hardly think the one you pulled up was the worst by a long shot