When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

21 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That doesn’t necessarily mean everyone in the top groups has had it, does it? We are moving into other groups so some will naturally be 60 year olds for example. Still a great achievement though.

Nobody ever thought that everyone in the top groups would be vaccinated, and that wasn't the target, if only because there'll be some refusals so 100% coverage was impossible.

The target was to offer doses to Groups 1-4, I think it's pretty clear that since most places have moved on to Group 5 then the target is being considered as met.

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Has anyone worked out an estimate for when the 40+ age group might be offered their first jab based on current rate (and including the need to do second doses for everyone)?

They've said that first doses Groups 1-9 will be complete by the end of April.

My guess would be April if supply improves, May if it's as expected. Though it still hasn't been announced how Priority will work beyond that - there's some suggestions that they'll prioritise certain professions.

6 minutes ago, incident said:

Nobody ever thought that everyone in the top groups would be vaccinated, and that wasn't the target, if only because there'll be some refusals so 100% coverage was impossible.

The target was to offer doses to Groups 1-4, I think it's pretty clear that since most places have moved on to Group 5 then the target is being considered as met.

I was only saying that because the journalist said that was the target, it wasn't a slight on the vaccination program.

Just now, incident said:

They've said that first doses Groups 1-9 will be complete by the end of April.

My guess would be April if supply improves, May if it's as expected. Though it still hasn't been announced how Priority will work beyond that - there's some suggestions that they'll prioritise certain professions.

A 40something by April - that would be truly amazing!

I wonder if they'll move from 'by appointment' to 'get yourself to a centre'.

1 hour ago, gooner1990 said:

All the ‘experts’ are starting to say different things.

it’s like the press actively search out someone with a different opinion to what’s knocking about that day to just fill some blank pages.

When you read the article, the expert says that if you lifted all restrictions now then you'd have a large wave which I think most people wouldn't argue with. Clickbait essentially. 

4 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Seems to be a pretty simple process to book online just need Name, DOB and Postcode.

Probably helps to get that info beforehand so less work to be done in the centre.

Although the mass testing roll out moved from appointment to just turn up.

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I think it'll be 'book an appointment' online. Just so they can get the medical details ready and number of doses ready for the centres.

30 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Can't see that happening myself, has a lot of risk for tons of people turning up at any given centre at the same time, which they're understandably trying to avoid.

I could see it moving to a fairly open  booking system though

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

well, you choose your paper, scientists or whatever for what you want to hear...whether it's all back to normal by spring or not.

I’ve made a real effort since Brexit to *not* just listen to voices that echo what I’m thinking. It gives you a better view and avoids the trap of getting fooled into believing everyone thinks the same as you. Regarding the Guardian specifically I’m a subscriber, but they’ve annoyed me with their Pandemic coverage.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Why do they always wheel out this Dickensian style company owner every time they want to call workers lazy?

Not really anything to do with the article but I find Charlie Mullins to be one of Britain’s biggest tools.

Edited by Matt42