When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

14 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Wasn't it shown earlier in the pandemic that more transmission was happening in private dwellings than in restaurants etc... 

Allowing household mixing in hospitality venues might be the sweet spot that's needed, maybe?

Don’t you think though that if people think they can see each other in the pub,

“well why on earth can’t we see each other at the house? Less people so less dangerous?”

(I am of course playing Devil’s Advocate a little).

4 minutes ago, st dan said:

A5206422-C0F2-43AD-95EC-DA13A0BFA9FE.thumb.jpeg.bf8a6c0f248edf1899aaa22069878f62.jpeg

The Express only stating that outdoor meetings of 6 ‘could’ happen by May. So seems to have been a briefing mixup somewhere along the way. 

Blimey. I had assumed rule of 6 outside would be one of the first things we’d get, perhaps mid/late March...

15 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Poor programming when you can put any info in and it goes through 

lovely-twin-room.jpg

This is one of the quarantine hotels. Imagining being stuck in that space for 11 sodding days AND spending £1750 for the privilege.

I don't think my mental health could take that...

Edited by xxialac

22 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I thought it was just me wondering this earlier so didn’t say anything, but can someone explain this:

As R drops, each successive generation of people infected is smaller than the last. So for example, if R is 4, then 1000 infected people will infect 4000. If R drops to 3, then 1000 infected people will infect 3000. Cases have dropped from 4000 to 3000 but R isn’t below 1. The graph above shows daily cases rather than cumulative ones (that’s a line that keeps growing!). When R does drop below 1, cases will eventually dwindle to 0, how far below 1 determines how quickly you get there. Estimating R is difficult and not that exact (hence a range is given that reflects the current caseload). But cases will appear to drop before R actually reaches 1. 

5 minutes ago, xxialac said:

lovely-twin-room.jpg

This is one of the quarantine hotels. Imagining being stuck in that space for 11 sodding days AND spending £1750 for the privilege.

Haha where did you see that? Is that genuine? 

Just now, Mellotr0n said:

Don’t you think though that if people think they can see each other in the pub,

“well why on earth can’t we see each other at the house? Less people so less dangerous?”

(I am of course playing Devil’s Advocate a little).

Yep I can see the arguement both ways. I guess the idea being if you give people somewhere they meet they might choose to do it there rather than the more risky home.

15 minutes ago, xxialac said:

lovely-twin-room.jpg

You just know it's going to have a TV with only three channels you can tune too, 2 shopping channels and Drama or something like that. 

13 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

As R drops, each successive generation of people infected is smaller than the last. So for example, if R is 4, then 1000 infected people will infect 4000. If R drops to 3, then 1000 infected people will infect 3000. Cases have dropped from 4000 to 3000 but R isn’t below 1. The graph above shows daily cases rather than cumulative ones (that’s a line that keeps growing!). When R does drop below 1, cases will eventually dwindle to 0, how far below 1 determines how quickly you get there. Estimating R is difficult and not that exact (hence a range is given that reflects the current caseload). But cases will appear to drop before R actually reaches 1. 

In this analogy wouldn't 4000 infect 12000 when R = 3 though?

1 minute ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

You just know it's going to have a TV with only three channels you can tune too, 2 shopping channels and Drama or something like that. 

Yep. But at least you can be the worst guest in the history of hotels and you know they won't throw you out.