When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

25 minutes ago, CurlyPutz said:

You are on, guessing you got tickets rolled over, we have too.😁 It's the only think keeping me sane right now. Covid got us recently at home via my wife's nursery and it kicked my arse. No hospital luckily but still not a good experience. 

That sounds nasty! Hope you are doing better now! Yes, have tickets that rolled over, going to be very odd being there having bought the tickets nearly 3 years previously, but so long as we get there I don’t care! 

1 hour ago, gizmoman said:

"which is why bodies like the MHRA, the FDA and the EMA exist they have more expertise than you and are way more rigorous than you."

I would hope so too, given my poor "A" level chemistry results.

FDA - is this the same FDA my mate Bill Gates isn't happy with?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/bill-gates-distrust-cdc-fda-covid-19-vaccine-coronavirus-b447914.html

You don't seem to understand the very basis of science is the need for challenge and scrutiny, if the argument is sound it will stand up to criticism, if these vaccines are good they will be proven in time, questioning, even if done in bad faith will still help to advance the truth.

Don't feel bad my Chemistry degree isn't up to much when it comes to these things either. My wife works in drug development although in cell therapies not vaccines so I have some working knowledge of what's involved.

I understand the process of science perfectly well, the challenge and scrutiny is not undertaken by non-experts on social media or a music forum for that matter.

Bad faith questioning can undermine public confidence in vaccines and the protection that society gets is effected by uptake.  

Israel are nearing the 70% mark, interested to see what the next couple weeks mean herd immunity wise, what would we likely see? The opposite to what we have seen as exponential growth to where there are just a handful of daily cases? Quite exciting watching and waiting to see what will happen, I’m sure there are some ideas here from people who seem to have a firm understanding of the numbers so interested in thoughts 

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Isn't he trying to get a special labour conference sorted out to kick starmer out?

I'm not sure if he is, but some in Labour want Starmer to call one. Not sure if its MPs or just members though.

Edited by Ozanne

32 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

Israel are nearing the 70% mark, interested to see what the next couple weeks mean herd immunity wise, what would we likely see? The opposite to what we have seen as exponential growth to where there are just a handful of daily cases? Quite exciting watching and waiting to see what will happen, I’m sure there are some ideas here from people who seem to have a firm understanding of the numbers so interested in thoughts 

Talking of the Israelis (yeah its the Torygraph but bear with it): 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/global-health/science-and-disease/lockdown-last-late-may-uk-follows-israels-new-rules/

Edited by Copperface

3 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Don't feel bad my Chemistry degree isn't up to much when it comes to these things either. My wife works in drug development although in cell therapies not vaccines so I have some working knowledge of what's involved.

I understand the process of science perfectly well, the challenge and scrutiny is not undertaken by non-experts on social media or a music forum for that matter.

Bad faith questioning can undermine public confidence in vaccines and the protection that society gets is effected by uptake.  

"the challenge and scrutiny is not undertaken by non-experts on social media or a music forum for that matter."

So us under-educated and inexpert participants in this experiment are not allowed to even question what is being injected into our bodies? We are supposed to accept that the expert scientists (and the politicians and "philanthropists" who also dictate our lives) know what is best and have our best interests at heart? Some of us are not so naive, we question everything. if it makes us look paranoid so be it. If it makes you any happier I'm quite willing to state that the vaccines on offer at the moment are more than likely safe, effective and not worth being worried about, there's no guarantee of course, and if there was a problem long-term you could justify the introduction as being necessary in this "emergency" situation.

The bottom line is a question of trust, Do you trust Matt Hancock?  Nadhim Zahawi?  Patrick Vallance? I get bad vibes from all of them - not very scientific I know,  The only one that comes across well to me is Chris Whitty he seems like a good guy but even then I have doubts due to his Gates connection. You think I'm crazy, believing in outlandish conspiracies, we need a way of quantifying if my views are right or wrong, This thread is titled "when will this shit end" My criteria for this are;

1. I can choose on a whim to drive down to Cornwall. (I'm in the north)

2. I can walk into a bar without having to prove who i am or my medical status.

3. I can go up to the bar and pay cash for a pint.

That's 3 simple things i could do before all this started, I'm quite prepared to admit all my conspiracy worries were unfounded if I'm able to do those three things in the next 2 years, (say by 31st Jan 2023) do you think that a reasonable hope?

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Twice recently I've found that I have written about days of the week as something like: "on Tuesday's and Wednesday's".

Once was in a work email that I'd already pressed send on. 

What the hell is that about???

Took me 10 minutes to remember how to spell "bored' the other day. Just staring at the screen. Couldn't get "board" out of my head. My brain has turned to mush. That's what months on furlough does to you

46 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Isn't he trying to get a special labour conference sorted out to kick starmer out?

40 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I'm not sure if he is, but some in Labour want Starmer to call one. Not sure if its MPs or just members though.

Ah yes let the crazies back in charge- that's the way to get elected and get the tories out...

1 hour ago, vintagelaureate said:

None of my April gigs have been cancelled yet! Just a waiting game got them to go though.

I was due to see Jamie Webster late March which just got delayed until December. My next currently scheduled gig is May but don’t think that stands a chance either.