When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

28 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

I’m in Cornwall. My next door neighbour is a 2nd home. Its owners have just turned up from E Sussex. They’re 70+ so imagine they’ve had the jab and thought fuck it. 

Who would grass them up? 

(I wouldn’t and wont, but wonder what others feel about this) 

No chance.

10 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

My father in law is having his jab this weekend and is 66.

Moving on to the next category in Bristol at least!

My mother in law is 69 and having hers on Friday. Looks like they're on 65-69 or thereabouts now.

Wouldn't surprise me if they start mixing in jay workers soon. In a couple of weeks it probably makes sense to start targeting the teachers in preparation for throwing them back into schools in March.

Bus drivers, supermarket workers (especially the diabetic ones*) and all manner of groups at risk for reasons other than underlying medical conditions should be getting jabbed in the next few weeks hopefully.

* I think you're in the next group actually @crazyfool1

56 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

I’m in Cornwall. My next door neighbour is a 2nd home. Its owners have just turned up from E Sussex. They’re 70+ so imagine they’ve had the jab and thought fuck it. 

Who would grass them up? 

(I wouldn’t and wont, but wonder what others feel about this) 

call the cops

16 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

My mother in law is 69 and having hers on Friday. Looks like they're on 65-69 or thereabouts now.

Wouldn't surprise me if they start mixing in jay workers soon. In a couple of weeks it probably makes sense to start targeting the teachers in preparation for throwing them back into schools in March.

Bus drivers, supermarket workers (especially the diabetic ones*) and all manner of groups at risk for reasons other than underlying medical conditions should be getting jabbed in the next few weeks hopefully.

* I think you're in the next group actually @crazyfool1

The JVIC said they will do that beginning of March 

Just now, steviewevie said:

So, if everyone in the world self  isolated for 2 to 4 weeks, would we get to zero covid?

This was my proposed solution nearly a year ago when the virus first began to escape from China. 

It would take massive global cooperation on a scale never seen before and would have cost billions in lost trade and disposal of soiled goods but if the whole world literally stopped for 2 weeks minimum including global shipping then we would have have had a chance of wiping the virus out before it became widespread.

Maybe it could be a strategy for future pandemics.

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

How on earth are you getting "the model isn't sustainable" from that quote? Are you seeing it elsewhere?

No it came out of my own head- NHS capacity has been pushed to the brink and if we have issues around new strains there are two options- lockdown or increased capacity, and I can't see how the current model is sustainable in that scenario. A system similar to Europe would make sense as an alternative- it seems increasing capacity is never talked about in the covid sense (makes sense if it was short term like we originally thought) but if it looks like being a long term thing with even a small amount more pressure then the NHS is fucked 

Edited by efcfanwirral

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Teachers? Or all non-healthcare key workers in general? I suspect teachers might get at least a one week head start if schools go back on schedule.

There was a quote on the guardian live feed saying that they will reassess it for all (including teachers) for beginning of March.  They are sticking to the current over 50s for now

16 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

No it came out of my own head- NHS capacity has been pushed to the brink and if we have issues around new strains there are two options- lockdown or increased capacity, and I can't see how the current model is sustainable in that scenario. A system similar to Europe would make sense as an alternative- it seems increasing capacity is never talked about in the covid sense (makes sense if it was short term like we originally thought) but if it looks like being a long term thing with even a small amount more pressure then the NHS is fucked 

You’ve fallen for the Tories austerity/privatisation trap. The NHS is struggling so bad because of underfunding for a decade, the cynic would think this is part of a plan of theirs to promote more privatisation (their plan isn’t a pandemic of course).

Edited by Ozanne