When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

22 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

id like it if that were categorised from the next priority group down the list ....  although we still dont know what will happen once group 9 is done ... free for all ? or frontline workers .... in my opinion its will be better to go with the former ...... give the jabs to those that are desperate for them ....

Yea you could do it first come first served in the priority groups/ key roles

7 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

Seriously? Are people going by votes on who gets help for resale tickets? 🤣

Im not sure why you find that amusing but I will try to give an explanation .... I would imagine that the forum is at its busiest around sale / resale time and that draws in lots of customers and many new people ...... If I were helping someone I would be looking at post numbers , last online date and the pointless internet rep as you call it .... so its a mixture of several things ... I would not be offering help to someone that was a clear troll or had joined 1 week previously to a sale ..... of course those things arent listed on the resale spreadsheet .... but for me its human nature to look at who you would offer to help ? maybe I have that wrong in your case though which is fair enough 

This Oxford news pretty much takes vaccine passports off the table as (logical) idea for internal reasons like pubs. If the SA variant becomes the main one then surely it really makes no difference whether you've been vaccinated or not? Obviously social shaming will happen because of protecting the NHS 

The options would surely be vaccinate and hope for the best, or have restrictions indefinitely? 

This could make things simpler for governments anyway - the way forward has to be to improve medical system capacity over time 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

This Oxford news pretty much takes vaccine passports off the table as (logical) idea for internal reasons like pubs. If the SA variant becomes the main one then surely it really makes no difference whether you've been vaccinated or not?

The options would surely be vaccinate and hope for the best, or have restrictions indefinitely? 

This could make things simpler for governments anyway - the way forward has to be to improve medical system capacity over time 

or adjust the vaccine to make it work better for that variant ?

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

or adjust the vaccine to make it work better for that variant ?

Yes, this. AZ are already on to it and hope to have an adjusted vaccine by autumn, and given Covid vaccines will probably be a yearly shot for everyone until it eventually disappears for good, I think we’ll just have to live with variants, with each new annual shot adapted for whatever’s out there. 

Of course, worse case scenario is a mutation becomes both contagious and lethal, but that’s out of anyone’s hands. 

11 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

but for me its human nature to look at who you would offer to help ? maybe I have that wrong in your case though which is fair enough 

Wow.

I'd just help anyone out that needs it, as I have plenty times in the past and wouldn't base that help on little green and red arrows next to someone's name.

But each to our own.

19 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

This Oxford news pretty much takes vaccine passports off the table as (logical) idea for internal reasons like pubs. If the SA variant becomes the main one then surely it really makes no difference whether you've been vaccinated or not?  

There is of course, no reason at present to assume the SA variant will become the dominant strain. 

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55967069

surge testing in workplaces to be increased ..... anyone doing this in work at the moment ? ive asked the question if we are going to roll this out ....

The place I work for who is a high street retailer has been doing weekly lateral flow testing weekly since before Christmas at both their DC sites..

HQ also covered but most folks WFH so main drive is for the DC staff. In fact other companies have been visiting us to model our covid measures.. they can't stop it spreading completely but I do feel they are really trying everything they can to keep the staff safe tbh

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

The place I work for who is a high street retailer has been doing weekly lateral flow testing weekly since before Christmas at both their DC sites..

HQ also covered but most folks WFH so main drive is for the DC staff. In fact other companies have been visiting us to model our covid measures.. they can't stop it spreading completely but I do feel they are really trying everything they can to keep the staff safe tbh

seems good .. some efforts would be great ... absolutely no chance of stopping it completely given the number of direct contacts  of 400 staff , partners familys etc ... but it would stop outbreaks becoming too large ... its great that another retailer is doing this and this shows its not impossible to do for companies who want to 🙂 thanks 

2 hours ago, Paul ™ said:

Exactly, so they won't continue to support them indefinetely if they were to shut airports, whilst the rest of the country opens up.
So a full shut down will not happen.

The governments main priority is getting the domestic economy up and running this year, they will likely accept the hit that the airlines take. Hancock and others have already been delivering this messaging with quotes such as 'people should look forward to a great British summer'.

New variants being brought in have shifted the goal posts and you can almost guarentee the approach to travel in and out of the UK will now be met with stricter measures. 

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I guess with lockdowns and weather the cases and deaths will drop in much of EU over the coming months anyway...but they need to start jabbing people before next winter arrives.

The predicament the EU are in with vaccines is why I think the government will be on the side of caution and make travel to and from those countries difficult this year.