When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

My dad had his vaccine this morning - it was the Pfizer one but he didn't know until he got there. Said all very well run but they have not given him a second date yet, they will notify him.

Interestingly they told him the reason for not giving a second date was because there is a chance the second jab could be sooner than 12 weeks because of the rate they are getting through them. Anyone else know of anyone told this? 

Edited by Chef

The government clearly went into this hotel quarantine process without any good planning.

One thing I suspect they hadn't thought of is that Spain will be on the redlist due to high infection numbers....but they can't quarantine people coming back from Spain as way too many of them.

This is because the new Brexit rule means you have to leave before 90 days so will be a tonne forced to return in March.

So thanks to Brexit, we can't close our borders!! Couldn't make it up...

19 minutes ago, Chef said:

My dad had his vaccine this morning - it was the Pfizer one but he didn't know until he got there. Said all very well run but they have not given him a second date yet, they will notify him.

Interestingly they told him the reason for not giving a second date was because there is a chance the second jab could be sooner than 12 weeks because of the rate they are getting through them. Anyone else know of anyone told this? 

Exact same happened to my dad yesterday, might get AZ one for second jab in 5 weeks 

22 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

The idea is to prevent people bringing the virus into our communities, it’s not a punishment and it’s definitely not a prison.

Someone best tell the government, they seem to have decided a half assed measure 10 months too late and now seem to have forgotten about that... 

21 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The government clearly went into this hotel quarantine process without any good planning.

One thing I suspect they hadn't thought of is that Spain will be on the redlist due to high infection numbers....but they can't quarantine people coming back from Spain as way too many of them.

This is because the new Brexit rule means you have to leave before 90 days so will be a tonne forced to return in March.

Totally agreement, it's a shit show and they won't want to own it.. hence the partial half arsed measure they keep delaying. 

30 minutes ago, Chef said:

My dad got one as a front line worker so he got a booking appointment for his second jab straight away and it is only 10 weeks after his first.

5 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

This is where the difference between the adults and the children in the scientific community is showing up. SAGE are saying things like this while independent sage morons like Gabriel Scally want us locked down in perpetuity. 

Ad Hom?

52 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Sorry for delay. Working nights. Nope it was the pfizer one. Seem to be giving us 10 week gap. Got my next one end of march. Think we are all having Pfizer cos of the storage. Hospitals can manage it easier is my guess. And also as others have already said- any not used at end of day dont get wasted. Theres always someone around who can make use of it.

No problem! Thanks for the info!

I had mine at a hospital too and got booked in for my second for ten weeks later. About 2 of our staff group out of about 10 who I've spoken too seemed to have flu-y side effects and felt quite ill a day or two later, the rest just got a slightly sore arm. So bare that in mind, people if you've got work/ clients/ patients scheduled for the next day! 

35 minutes ago, Chef said:

My dad had his vaccine this morning - it was the Pfizer one but he didn't know until he got there.

19 minutes ago, grumpyhack said:

I've already had my first jab and Mrs GH received a letter today saying hers will be next Tuesday.

15 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Exact same happened to my dad yesterday, might get AZ one for second jab in 5 weeks 

3 minutes ago, northernringo said:

My dad got one as a front line worker so he got a booking appointment for his second jab straight away and it is only 10 weeks after his first.

Apologies if this is an over-intrusive question, but what age category do each of your loved ones fall into? Would be interesting to know if those outside the JCVI top four have started getting jabbed. No obligation to reveal, of course.

46 minutes ago, mattiloy said:

Starmer’s losing the dressing room. Would not surprise me if there was a leadership challenge soon and not even from the left.

nah, can't see it, not yet anyway. Pandemic has been difficult for Starmer, he can call out govt for all its mistakes all the time...but both sides have focus grouped this and the public would prefer the opposition to get behind the effort. And now Johnson is going to get a bounce in the polls because of the vaccines and the likely end of the lockdown restrictions this spring and summer, nothing Starmer can do about that except applaud the effort of the NHS etc...so labour will likely fall behind more in the polls. But, it's what comes after, the problems are likely to become more economic...and this is where Starmer has to set out a different vision to what we are facing under this tory govt...not going to be easy as Johnson will be trying to do his levelling up thing, and will be igniting culture wars whenever he can. So, I reckon they will stick with Starmer until the next election...and then if labour get hammered again, which is very possible, he'll be gone...and labour will be all over the shop.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, xxialac said:

To be fair, they've only had a year to think about it or look into it... 

One of the amazing things about this whole thing has been the revelation that the government and civil service seem to have done very little contingency planning/though regarding stuff like this (or indeed anything!) -I just find that bizarre! 

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

To be fair, they've only had a year to think about it or look into it... 

One of the amazing things about this whole thing has been the revelation that the government and civil service seem to have done very little contingency planning/though regarding stuff like this (or indeed anything!) -I just find that bizarre! 

Totally. Perhaps the civil servants can't function working from home? Or Brexit-related work got in the way?

Or maybe they just feel demotivated having to work with these truth twisters.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

Apologies if this is an over-intrusive question, but what age category do each of your loved ones fall into? Would be interesting to know if those outside the JCVI top four have started getting jabbed. No obligation to reveal, of course.

Definitely know of some people a lot younger than 60 with health conditions starting to get appointments and vaccines.

the tiers don't seem to be as rigid as you'd think (makes sense to have some flexibility) - they don't seem to be doing 100% of one group then moving on to the next, instead there's been some back and forth and overlap and different regions have been working at very different paces. 

Just reading about the WHO visit to Wuhan and what findings we expect them to publish when they’ve finished their investigations - even if they do conclude it was leaked from the virology lab (presumably accidentally) would they really publish this? 

Just applying Occam's razor theory to it all, I find it very difficult to believe the wet market theory, or anything else. The immediate cover up certainly points to this theory too.  

The rate of the fall in Covid-19 cases made him optimistic that restrictions on households mixing could be lifted as soon as next month, Paul Hunter, professor of medicine at the University of East Anglia, said on Thursday.

Hunter added that pupils could be back to school before the prime minister’s 8 March target date.

He told BBC Radio 4’s World At One:

I think there could well be a case for opening schools sooner - I particularly think schools for children under 11 years of age, where the evidence that they contribute to the spread of the epidemic in the wider population is a lot lower.

I would certainly hope to see schools, and particularly junior schools, opening relatively soon.”

Asked about when people could start to see friends and family, Prof Hunter replied:

Personally I believe we should be able to start doing that probably not long after [schools reopen] - if I had to bet on a time, I’d say some time in March certainly.

Just now, st dan said:

Just reading about the WHO visit to Wuhan and what findings we expect them to publish when they’ve finished their investigations - even if they do conclude it was leaked from the virology lab (presumably accidentally) would they really publish this? 

Just applying Occam's razor theory to it all, I find it very difficult to believe the wet market theory, or anything else. The immediate cover up certainly points to this theory too.  

I've often wondered what the actual punishment would be if it turned out it had been covered up etc.

What would the rest of the world actually do?

49 minutes ago, Chef said:

My sister got told they weren't giving the second appointment dates until nearer the time to try and reduce dna's.

I had to agree to my second appointment date when they gave me my first (via online booking system), so seems to be some variation.

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

My dad is a front line worker so he got his that way so not via age brackets.

I do know that in NI, those aged over 70 are currently being contacted by GPs for appointments and those aged 65-70 & extremely clinically vulnerable are able to book slots online.

Just now, JoeyT said:

I've often wondered what the actual punishment would be if it turned out it had been covered up etc.

What would the rest of the world actually do?

Criticise them in public, whilst courting them behind closed doors.

Same as always with wealth trading powers...

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry Finn said:

In his early 70's so in line with current publicised programme. Mum is a bit younger (mid 60's) and not heard anything yet. 

On 2/1/2021 at 2:06 PM, northernringo said:

Northern Ireland have now got the 7 day rate per 100,000 people down below 200!

As of today it is down to 196.0 (from 202.5 yesterday).

On Monday 4th Jan, it was 664.7/100k.

This is our lowest rate since December 19th.

Continues to fall, the rate is now down to 170.3/100k, this is the lowest since Dec 12th.

Edited by northernringo