When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, hodgey123 said:

Thanks! Think it would be a good idea to include another column (maybe instead of the % change) with a week-on-week comparison. Obviously the data is there to interpret ourselves but just an idea and think it's more useful than the % change data (although beggars can't be choosers and it's your table!).

This is what happens when you come to a thread hours after everyone else! 

31 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I'd be surprised if there is social distancing August onwards myself, for a less doom and gloom perspective. With international travel from Nov

pretty sure this won't be possible from the perspective from tourist-countries like ours, but more Croatia, Italy or Greece and pretty sure there will be many tourists finding their way to the Adria like they did last year.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Can I suggest I change (easy for me to ask, since I'm not planning on doing the work)?

Replace the % Total Change column with "Total Change Difference from 7 days prior"

I've changed the weekly part to show changes and % change, is that ok? Or do you think something else would be better?

2 minutes ago, Hannibal Schmitt said:

pretty sure this won't be possible from the perspective from tourist-countries like ours, but more Croatia, Italy or Greece and pretty sure there will be many tourists finding their way to the Adria like they did last year.

That part im a little unclear on. But I think they'll allow it when there's more vaccinations, and airlines will insist on vaccination passports.

37 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I'd be surprised if there is social distancing August onwards myself, for a less doom and gloom perspective. With international travel from Nov

Despite all the noise suggesting no chance, I think international travel will be possible from the end of May!

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’m getting the vaccine on Friday (I have a health condition that I had no idea meant I was on the priority list!) but my GP rang me today telling me to come in.

Am I this thread’s guinea pig or have any of you been vaccinated yet? 

I think people have been mainly posting in the vaccine calculator thread (or whatever it's called- the one with the link to the queue calculator) when they've been getting the vaccine (or as my family abroad term it, "taking the vaccine") 

I have taken the vaccine, and hope to have taken both doses by April 1st. Seems a few posters have, though its mainly parents of posters at this point. 

Were you at high risk then this whole time and didn't realise it? 

19 minutes ago, zahidf said:

That part im a little unclear on. But I think they'll allow it when there's more vaccinations, and airlines will insist on vaccination passports.

Absolutely. Vaccinations and Testing could be the norm at airports from summer onwards. and there probably will still be some restrictions to other continents like Africa or South America. I don't think the quarantine thing will work out as we had it partly last year at the border between Austria and Slovenia because of too many cases coming (back) from Croatia, but like in the Uk nowadays the plan was not clear and so people knew how they could bypass this and I know many who took the risk.

I mean, I'm having confusion over whether its a good idea right now to book a hotel for a day trip to London in August, nevermind bringing up the international ideas I had planned for 2020 before it turned into a nightmare. I was planning to wait until Easter before weighing up if I was confident enough to book them, but I wouldn't be surprised if its 2022 before I decide to trouble an airplane.

45 minutes ago, Quark said:

I think @grumpyhack has had his already?

I know a lot of people's parents and grandparents have had theirs over on the Good News thread. Both of my in laws and my dad have had theirs, nothing major to report. MIL felt a bit grotty for a day or two.

Had mine (nhs frontline). Felt exhausted first day. Headache for 3 -4 days. That seems pretty consistent with others tbh.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I timed my evening run in the hope that I'd be applauded through the streets, but ballsed it up and was in the middle of nowhere at 6pm.

But no. I have immense respect for what he did, and perhaps more importantly his attitude to life. Its incredibly sad that he died of the thing he helped raise so much money to help fight.

But I will not have my applause weaponised by Johnson's government as something to be wheeled out as they see appropriate. He deserves better than that.

This is my feeling about it. I think the clap thing has become a bit of a political tool really, nice as an idea as it was.

People were doing it on my street though. I forgot until I heard the noise and wondered what it was.

9 minutes ago, danmarks said:

Had mine (nhs frontline). Felt exhausted first day. Headache for 3 -4 days. That seems pretty consistent with others tbh.

Was that the Oxford one? I had Pfizer and just had a slightly sore arm where I was injected. Some have slept for 13 hours as the side effect (that’s the side effect I was hoping for!). 

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’m getting the vaccine on Friday (I have a health condition that I had no idea meant I was on the priority list!) but my GP rang me today telling me to come in.

Seen quite a few people post in here that they've had it, mainly healthcare workers or people volunteering. Hope all goes well.

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Had the Pfizer one back in December. Sore arm 24 hours later that hurt if I slept on it. No headaches, fatigue or other symptoms. Colleagues all said the same 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

This is my feeling about it. I think the clap thing has become a bit of a political tool really, nice as an idea as it was.

People were doing it on my street though. I forgot until I heard the noise and wondered what it was.

No one on my street has done a single clap the entire pandemic, there’s not even one person who’s tried in vain to start one at any point- they’re having none of it! this suits me fine for much the same reason as you’ve said, but I am curious- am I the only one who lives on such a street?

Just now, hillwalker said:

Had the Pfizer one back in December. Sore arm 24 hours later that hurt if I slept on it. No headaches, fatigue or other symptoms. Colleagues all said the same 

Can you let us know how the second dose goes? A few have said that’s when you get side effects with Pfizer, and I’d like to know if I should book the following day off work just in case!

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

No one on my street has done a single clap the entire pandemic, there’s not even one person who’s tried in vain to start one at any point- they’re having none of it! this suits me fine for much the same reason as you’ve said, but I am curious- am I the only one who lives on such a street?

I've no idea if they are still doing the Thursday one as I haven't really listened out for it. But they were well into the Thursday one in the first lockdown. I took part then as well but was quite glad when it stopped as started to feel a bit of a hollow gesture. Decided not to start again.

No shade to anyone who is doing it. Just my personal feeling on it.

A lady at work said it got well out of hand on her (London) street. Some dude would bring out a keyboard every week and they all had to sing a song, which someone would print out the lyrics for and post through the door. Sounds like a nightmare.

Edited by Zoo Music Girl
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've no idea if they are still doing the Thursday one as I haven't really listened out for it. But they were well into the Thursday one in the first lockdown. I took part then as well but was quite glad when it stopped as started to feel a bit of a hollow gesture. Decided not to start again.

No shade to anyone who is doing it. Just my personal feeling on it.

A lady at work said it got well out of hand on her (London street). Some dude would bring out a keyboard every week and they all had to sing a song, which someone would print out and post through the door. Sounds like a nightmare.

Yikes!😂

Er... surely this guardian article can’t be right? How is ‘someone with COVID coughing in your face, increases the risk of you catching covid than if they were just taking or breathing’ a revelation?! Isn’t that just standard knowledge regarding spreading diseases? Did it really need a study? Were they really working on the assumption that it wouldn’t be more dangerous to workers?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/feb/03/covid-coughing-study-suggests-nhs-staff-at-far-greater-risk-than-thought

Covid coughing study suggests NHS staff at far greater risk than thought

Exclusive: Health service urged to rethink safety for frontline staff and provide better PPE and ventilation

The NHS has been urged to rethink safety for thousands of frontline staff after new research suggested that Covid patients’ coughing is putting them at far greater risk of catching the virus than previously thought.

The study found that coughing generated at least 10 times more infectious “aerosol” particles than speaking or breathing – which could explain why so many NHS staff have fallen ill during the pandemic.