When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

They absolutely have to put it into law that refunds must be given (or the event/trip moved) if people haven't had a chance to get the vaccine AND giving reasonable time to allow people to get it too. So the event/trip happening the weekend after the first round of under 30s appointments is not an appropriate amount of time to expect someone to have been able to get it sorted

Totally agree. I'm particularly thinking of the likes of Easyjet and Ryanair...

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

you're picking out the very worst racism and then applying it to everyone. That's not how it tends to go. For a start, the ones who'd claim themselves as not-racist often tend to find their aversion of others in particular cultures and not so much skin colour. 

Currently, polls suggest the public wouldn't have a problem with Sunak. Write it off at your peril as he only has to be more appealing than the other guy, don't forget.

Not applying that to everyone, just that it does apply to a large number of people. That doesn't mean he can't win but it will be more of a struggle for sure. He would probably beat a Corbyn, but I'm less sure with Starmer.

4 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

They absolutely have to put it into law that refunds must be given (or the event/trip moved) if people haven't had a chance to get the vaccine AND giving reasonable time to allow people to get it too. So the event/trip happening the weekend after the first round of under 30s appointments is not an appropriate amount of time to expect someone to have been able to get it sorted

Not disagreeing but I'd be surprised if they do it strictly by age order towards the end. 

Once they've done the over 50s, it might well be a free-for-all and the very determined (cough, Glastonbury ticket buyers!) will be able to get done jabbed quickly.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yes, by a fair amount. 311,060 was the UK total for Tuesday 26th Jan.

The next 3 days are going to be the interesting figures.

Always seems to ramp up massively Thurs, Fri & Sat.

Let's hope we can smash through the 600k figure!

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Yes, by a fair amount. 311,060 was the UK total for Tuesday 26th Jan.

But I think the number to compare it to is that dated 25th Jan (the date reported is always a day behind the day its released), so the figure released last Weds for the Tuesday was 279,757. So even better!

Just now, stephos83 said:

But I think the number to compare it to is that dated 25th Jan (the date reported is always a day behind the day its released), so the figure released last Weds for the Tuesday was 279,757. So even better!

Nah, if you look here https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/ what they will upload today at 4pm will be dates 2nd Feb cause it's yesterday's figures.

Just now, JoeyT said:

Offical labour statements last year WERE critical of us not joining the vaccine procurement scheme with the EU ( and quite a few on here me included agreed with that criticism)

Its fine, i doubt it will have cut through. And stops Keirs being dull!

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

PM announces “national clap” for Sir Captain Overlord Tom.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-55917475

Sorry for being a cynical misery guts, but isn’t that just a complete fucking waste of time? 

I've seen countless comments from burnt out NHS staff saying they would prefer that the claps were turned into currency. Your comments shouldn't by any means be construed as a slight on Sir Tom's gesture but the PM is quick to divert our attention from the fact that the good Captain's efforts essentially compensated for (to a certain degree) where the government continues to fail. 

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

The next 3 days are going to be the interesting figures.

Always seems to ramp up massively Thurs, Fri & Sat.

Let's hope we can smash through the 600k figure!

I fully expect that 600k will be beaten later in the week but that's just my opinion.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

Ah cool. I think theyll meet their target for mid feb ( or come extremely close)

I think they will defo make it and I think as supply increases we could end up in the 700/800k per day territory some time.

1 hour ago, xxialac said:

Spain is “open” to using Russia’s Sputnik V coronavirus vaccine if it is authorised by the European medicines regulator, the country’s health minister said on Wednesday.

Germany have said the same, and here they've said any vaccine approved by the EMA would be rolled out if we have access to it. To be honest, it's a good looking vaccine (phwoar). Germany have offered to help the Russians through the EMA submission process and have even offered to help manufacture it if it gets approved. 

1 minute ago, Toilet Duck said:

Germany have said the same, and here they've said any vaccine approved by the EMA would be rolled out if we have access to it. To be honest, it's a good looking vaccine (phwoar). Germany have offered to help the Russians through the EMA submission process and have even offered to help manufacture it if it gets approved. 

Yeah. Russia may have corrupt politicians but they have some highly skilled scientists and I think it's a shame to have dismiss the possibility that they have genuinely created a viable vaccine.

Good news for the world if the EMA approves, which it feels like they will.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Yeah. Russia may have corrupt politicians but they have some highly skilled scientists and I think it's a shame to have dismiss the possibility that they have genuinely created a viable vaccine.

It's their own fault for skipping stages of the trials and generally making it all look a bit sketchy.

Shame cause it seems a good vaccine.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Yeah, I've worked with lots of Russian scientists (especially when I was in the US), well capable! I don't see anything in their data that suggests a problem, in fact it's more straightforward than the OX/AZ data that was submitted. 

2 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I can't stand the entitlement of these people. "I want more people coming into work, and putting themselves at risk, so I can engage in international travel during a worldwide epidemic". 

Bit harsh, for me. We don't know why she was travelling...

I think the point I'd make is we're a nation of 67million people and our largest airport can only find 3 people to man the border desks, with the result that people in the (poorly managed) queue who have just flown in from god -knows-where are all mingling and sharing germs for two hours, far longer than is necessary.

3 people at Heathrow Airport! More staff at my local Tesco metro...