When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

The cheese and grain in Frome (made famous by that foo fighters gig) has put a post out tonight with a little bit of positivity in regards to gigs.

Socially distanced gigs back in April...?

EB60D8C3-3600-43CD-958E-CA5EBEBDFB0C.jpeg

That sounds very positive.

The venue is only about 7-8 miles from me so looking forward to who they have booked for the socially distanced gigs.

The only Cheese and Grain gig tickets I’ve got at the moment is the twice postponed Walter Trout gig which is now Jan 2022 so would live to go there before then.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

The cheese and grain in Frome (made famous by that foo fighters gig) has put a post out tonight with a little bit of positivity in regards to gigs.

Socially distanced gigs back in April...?

EB60D8C3-3600-43CD-958E-CA5EBEBDFB0C.jpeg

What do they know though? I highly doubt they’ve got any kind of intel

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

id say its a business making decisions on how they think things will go in the future and basing things on how things are going at the moment it looks like the decision is very much on a decent timeframe .... even last year we had socially distant gigs .... so that really isn't beyond all possibilities is it ? and this year a vaccine will be very much in play for most of the population at least by June .... Nice to see some positive signs though isn't it ? 😉 

It’ll be a “putting two and two together” type thing. Socially distanced gigs are roughly at the “tier 2” level of restrictions and various pieces we’ve seen have indicated that could be brought in around April/May. Expect to see these performances at the same time as pubs and restaurants open. 

54 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Screech is dead. So sad.

Saw this and sent it to my little sister straight away. She used to fancy Zac but I used to pretend that I knew it was Screech she really loved. It used to wind her up something rotten. 

She's actually very sad about it. 

40 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

It sounds like they've got the same intel that everyone else does, given that they've pretty much quoted the dates given by the Cultural Recovery Fund (which they've received money from) verbatim.

Whether those dates can be achieved or not is a whole other conversation, but there's enough out there to know that phased / distanced reopening in April-June followed by full reopening after June 30th is (or was) the timescale the Government have pencilled in:

The assumptions published alongside the guidance on the 14th December should be used by organisations making applications and remain unchanged. This guidance has been issued to ensure applicants can make consistent assumptions. Applicants should apply on the basis of a gradual increased capacity over April -June (accounting for social distancing measures still being in place) culminating in full reopening without constraints by July.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

id say its a business making decisions on how they think things will go in the future and basing things on how things are going at the moment it looks like the decision is very much on a decent timeframe .... even last year we had socially distant gigs .... so that really isn't beyond all possibilities is it ? and this year a vaccine will be very much in play for most of the population at least by June .... Nice to see some positive signs though isn't it ? 😉 

Yeah, I went to a socially distanced gig as recently as October 21st, we were in tier 2 at the time.

38 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I reckon

Tier 3 - March
Tier 2 - April
Tier 1 - May/June
< Tier 1 but some restrictions and continued guidance the rest of the year

International travel is harder to judge.

Sounds about right, they seem to be indicating about hospitality reopening on one of the May bank holidays so I can see that, perhaps they may tighten a few rules in the winter months but obviously we have to see how vaccinations and immunity go past summer when everyone should have received their first jabs 

8 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I'd say it's a bit inconsistent by area then? Sounds like most people are not being told when to come back so just have to hope they are on it with the secondaries.

Mystery solved! My sister emailed to ask about the second appointment and they said they're contacting people nearer the time to try and reduce dna's. A few places have different systems though and prefer to book the second jab when people go for the first. 

Suppose its a gamble either way-if they book far in advance people could forget or there might be unforseen supply problems, but if they leave it too long there might be organisational problems. I'm glad I'm not in charge of organising all this! 

• Upvote 1

Sadly I think he's not going to make it if they are letting the family be with him 😞

Edit some bloody awful comments under it about one rule for him getting to see family, but that usually means end of life and not exclusive to Tom...

As regards to his holiday he's 100 years old cause he's gonna snap up the free holiday even if it does cost him!

Edited by shoptildrop

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I do wonder if they are under promising actually so that when everyone is jabbed early, we think better of them...

Maybe they actually learned the lesson of Christmas and realised its better (and safer) to under promise than over promise 

9 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Sadly I think he's not going to make it if they are letting the family be with him 😞

Oh no ... he’s not in icu I presume because they won’t put him in there because of his age ... so the bbc saying that is slightly misleading ?! 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

I reckon

Tier 3 - March
Tier 2 - April
Tier 1 - May/June
< Tier 1 but some restrictions and continued guidance the rest of the year

International travel is harder to judge.

reckon that's a bit optimistic, but then I would.

Think they're going to start with schools March 8th, and that might be staggered, then review  restrictions every 2 or 3 weeks. Next after schools will be shops, then some hospitality and so on. All will depend on hospitalisations and deaths, but also how some of the new variants are spreading. May still be regional if some places not doing as well as others.