When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Am I reading that right, only 14% of 75-79 year olds in Scotland? What is the reason for such a massive difference?

Originally they were using the excuse that they focused on care homes first but now it just looks like their vaccine rollout is considerably slower than the rest of the UK. 

2 minutes ago, hodgey123 said:

Am I reading that right, only 14% of 75-79 year olds in Scotland? What is the reason for such a massive difference?

I don't know the reason other than the exact rollout process is being handled differently by nation and in England at least differently within regions.

But if England / Wales / NI hit the target of Groups 1-4 by Feb 15th but Scotland don't, then that's going to create a really interesting political situation especially given that they've got Scottish Parliament elections in a few months.

In hindsight, did priority numbers 3 and 4 really needed to be split up into two categories of: 79 to 75 and 74 to 70? Could/should these have been grouped together and anybody 70+ have been vaccinated as soon as the 80+ and care homes were done? 
Trying to think whether it would have made the rollout somewhat easier and quicker or not. 

Edited by st dan

Just now, st dan said:

In hindsight, did priority numbers 3 and 4 really needed to be split up into two categories of: 79 to 75 and 74 to 70? Could/should these have been grouped together and anybody 70+ have been vaccinated as soon as the 80+ and care homes were done? 
Trying to think whether it would have made the rollout somewhat easier and quicker or not. 

I can't see how it makes any difference.

While this may not be the case everywhere, as far as I've seen there's no defined gap between tiers as such - as soon as they run out of >80s to offer appointments, they move straight on to >75s regardless of whether the previous group have taken up the offer or not, likewise most areas are now offering slots to >70s even though there's still a few >80s out there that haven't had jabs for whatever reason.

1 minute ago, incident said:

I can't see how it makes any difference.

While this may not be the case everywhere, as far as I've seen there's no defined gap between tiers as such - as soon as they run out of >80s to offer appointments, they move straight on to >75s regardless of whether the previous group have taken up the offer or not, likewise most areas are now offering slots to >70s even though there's still a few >80s out there that haven't had jabs for whatever reason.

Yeah that’s fair enough, I was just trying to think logistics with actually contacting those 75 to 79 and then ensuring that population have all been contacted with appointment dates, before having to start the process again for 74 to 70. 
Like you say, probably wouldn’t have made too much difference. 

That’s the lowest daily reported case figure since 15 December.

The seven-day average continues to decline.

Latest averages: Today: 23,732
Yesterday: 24,245 (-2.1%)
A week ago: 33,738 (-29.7%)
January peak: 59,660 (-60.2%)

20 minutes ago, incident said:

I don't know the reason other than the exact rollout process is being handled differently by nation and in England at least differently within regions.

But if England / Wales / NI hit the target of Groups 1-4 by Feb 15th but Scotland don't, then that's going to create a really interesting political situation especially given that they've got Scottish Parliament elections in a few months.

FWIW my 71 year old mum has an appointment for the 13th and all of her friends who are over 70 have appointments before the 15th. So I think Scotland is on course to meet the deadline, I suspect it means the rest of the UK is well ahead of the target.

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

First sub 20k cases for a while...

All numbers heading in the right direction now ... it’s lovely watching this day by day ... and the jab number on the up too ... really gives hope for summer ... and seeing family before that fingers crossed 🤞 

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

we're just about to get two right leaning news channels...and they're putting this guy in charge. Lovely. Get rid of all those snowflake woke liberals, bring back racism!

Costa Rica here I come.  When I can get there.  If this is what this country wants, I want a new country

8 minutes ago, tarw said:

Costa Rica here I come.  When I can get there.  If this is what this country wants, I want a new country

I have a best mate that lives in Costa. He only comes back for Bearded Theory, Beat Herder and Glasto then then pisses off back again 🙂

11 minutes ago, tarw said:

yeah, when this pandemic is out of the way it will be full on culture war as a distraction from all the economic shit and people demanding an inquiry into the pandemic handling.

14 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

we're just about to get two right leaning news channels...and they're putting this guy in charge. Lovely. Get rid of all those snowflake woke liberals, bring back racism!

What I never get is, they're all rich, they have a huge majority in parliament, they control nearly all the print media, they're dominant in social media via crap on Facebook, there's a revolving door between the BBC and the tory party comms, they've got their brexit, but it's still not enough. Yet they think it's the left that are snowflakes. And that we somehow have the country in our iron grip! 

Just now, Mr.Tease said:

What I never get is, they're all rich, they have a huge majority in parliament, they control nearly all the print media, they're dominant in social media via crap on Facebook, there's a revolving door between the BBC and the tory party comms, they've got their brexit, but it's still not enough. Yet they think it's the left that are snowflakes. And that we somehow have the country in our iron grip! 

because sometimes the BBC asks them difficult questions. We can't have that.

42 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Errmmm... what???

The EU countries are a long way behind the UK and the US, so she is wrong and sounds like she's not up to the task frankly, but in fairness they still have 11 of the top most 20 vaccinated countries in the world and there is still plenty of scope for them to accelerate and narrow the gap, now they have supplies on the way.

Edited by xxialac