When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Why if goods are located in the factory of a particular country, does that automatically make it 'that country's supplies'?

Who has the right to the goods is determined entirely by what is in the contract.

We are all guessing what is in the contracts, remember when Scotland tried to publish info about delivery schedules a while ago. I suspect this is not as clear cut as we would like to believe.

6 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Why if goods are located in the factory of a particular country, does that automatically make it 'that country's supplies'?

Who has the right to the goods is determined entirely by what is in the contract.

Ok, so

According to the UK Vaccine Taskforce annual report -

Agreement with Wockhardt for bulk fill finish of vaccines
Wockhardt has reserved capacity to fill finish millions of vaccine doses for the UK Government’s exclusive use for the next 18 months to allow for the supply of multiple vaccines in its fight against COVID-19. This includes AZD1222, the vaccine co-developed by the University of Oxford and AstraZeneca. This ensures that there is sufficient capacity of fill finish of drug substance to get the vaccine in a form to be given to patients

Assuming we can take that at face value, the ones manufactured here most likely are "our" supplies.

13 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

If schools do actually reopen on March 8th, when should we expect pubs and restaurants to be back open? Couple of weeks after or more likely April/May. Trying to gauge when I'm back to work..

My guess

Schools -8th March

Shops- Easter

Hospitality- May Bank Holiday (Tuesday after)

Tier 0/less social distancing (e.g. 1/3 capacity stadiums, completely free household mixing, no numbers on group size) - Late May Bank Holiday

Quarantine rules Inc hotels to be tightened by Easter and stay until 2022.

Removal of social distancing rules entirely-?????

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, incident said:

Ok, so

According to the UK Vaccine Taskforce annual report -

Assuming we can take that at face value, the ones manufactured here most likely are "our" supplies.

Just waiting for Germany and the EU to switch off the UK supplies of pharmaceutical vials, antigens, stabilizers, adjuvants etc many of which are made in Europe. They might be 'our' vaccine supplies, but they are made up of components from all over the place. Those supply chains need protecting.

2 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Just waiting for Germany and the EU to switch off the UK supplies of pharmaceutical vials, antigens, stabilizers, adjuvants etc many of which are made in Europe. They might be 'our' vaccine supplies, but they are made up of components from all over the place. Those supply chains need protecting.

Oh of course. As I said earlier, if any country starts playing games then it hurts everyone.

But it does mean that it's quite likely not in AZs power to unilaterally decide whether or not those stocks get redirected to the EU which seems to be what they're demanding.

33 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Sorry if I wasn’t clear, I’m not saying I agree with what I said, more that that is what I would expect this government to do if it got to that. Retaliating tit for tat is something I could definitely hypothetically speaking see happening with this government 

10 minutes ago, Copperface said:

The row is between AstraZeneca and the EU, not the EU and UK. I don’t think we’ve done anything wrong have we? So why should the EU ‘punish’ the UK?

2 minutes ago, duke88 said:

The row is between AstraZeneca and the EU, not the EU and UK. I don’t think we’ve done anything wrong have we? So why should the EU ‘punish’ the UK?

I was replying to this which was specifically mentioning 'our' supplies.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/233675-when-will-this-shit-end/?do=findComment&comment=6081371

2 minutes ago, duke88 said:

they will indirectly punish UK if demand some of the vaccines manufactured in in AZ in UK are for EU....but in the end we're talking about peoples lives here...this is all a bit unpleasant. Surely there is a middle ground that can be found.

43 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

If schools do actually reopen on March 8th, when should we expect pubs and restaurants to be back open? Couple of weeks after or more likely April/May. Trying to gauge when I'm back to work..

If schools open on 8th March with an underlying running number of cases, I think it'll be some time after that, as we'll be repeating easing lockdowns too early again. I actually think the RIGHT thing to do would be schools back 8th March, pubs open July when school holidays start to avoid keeping the NHS under strain with a constant influx of younger people as we catch it all at once - we've seen time and again we can't have everything open even under tier rules and schools are more important (thankfully nothing I need to worry about!). Whether the Tory MPs allow it is another matter. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

9 minutes ago, duke88 said:

No, the UK haven’t done anything wrong, far from it in fact (though obviously there are more than just British Nationals on the team that developed the vaccine, 2 of the senior team members are Irish for example). But if the EU decided to stop vaccine-related exports to 3rd countries, then unfortunately, since Jan 1st, the UK would get caught up in the collateral damage. FWIW I think the EU needs to calm down a bit, stop the chest beating and find a solution. 

edit; to be honest, a lot of it seems to be coming from Germany and is possibly due to frustration over the fact that the excellent vaccine developed there is being rolled out en masse in the US while still a trickle at home.

Edited by Toilet Duck
  • Upvote 1