When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

PMQ's today. I really hope Starmer goes on the attack - if 100,000 deaths at the hands of a negligent PM isn't enough for him to show some genuine outrage and fury, then it is lost. Make him try to defend the indefensible, as we know Johnson will, and then keep going and going. 

Unfortunately he’s doing it from isolation ... and video link ... lowers the impact to me ... but yes absolutely ... now is the time to start destroying the incompetence 

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Agree, I really think supermarket workers should be considered too, as well as train and bus drivers. Sure there are more as well.

Refuse workers, postal service and people like plumbers etc who go into people’s homes on a daily basis should also be in there?

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Unfortunately he’s doing it from isolation ... and video link ... lowers the impact to me ... but yes absolutely ... now is the time to start destroying the incompetence 

Could he not hand the reins over to Rayner today to really go for him in person?

43 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Uptake is going to be very high - and likely to be high even within the currently-highly skeptical groups. There's only so long they'll sit there watching their own die unnecessarily.

Hopefully it does go up to about 85-90% 

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Agree, I really think supermarket workers should be considered too, as well as train and bus drivers. Sure there are more as well.

The problem is that everyone is entitled and has some risk factor so where do we draw the line ... bame comunitities are also higher risk but they haven’t been prioritised whatsoever ? If we start chopping and changing the list now it just becomes an absolute mess 

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

All healthcare/care home workers (done already)

Emergency services (police/fire)

Teachers and other school staff

Essential retail workers and customer facing workers in banks

Public transport workers

Local government workers who cannot WFH, e.g. binmen

Court workers and those needed to run the justice system

Prison workers

Mortuary workers, undertakers etc

Vets and their staff

Anyone involved in the food chain, e.g. farm workers, factory staff, hauliers

Oil and gas workers

Postal staff

I’m sure I’ve probably missed some but that roughly covers the definition of those who are allowed to send their children to school 

6 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Could he not hand the reins over to Rayner today to really go for him in person?

I think the tradition is normally dictated by what the PM does. In previous times if the PM was there then the LOTO takes it but if the PM is away then the Deputy steps in. I think that’s how it goes anyway.  

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The problem is that everyone is entitled and has some risk factor so where do we draw the line ... bame comunitities are also higher risk but they haven’t been prioritised whatsoever ? If we start chopping and changing the list now it just becomes an absolute mess 

I'd like to see all people that work out in the community prioritised over those that can work from home st least (other than those at high risk for age and clinical reasons). But appreciate very difficult to prove.

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

no problem with key workers being vaccinated, but if they're giving some priority it should be all of them! They're all forced by their job to be in contact with other people.

Iam 45 and a key worker, I work in a signal box and have zero contact with anybody, we change over shifts outside now and i can refuse entry into my signal box to anyone(which i could always do anyway). I spray down all the equipment before I touched anything with Zoono.

I really shoudnt be getting the vaccine before anyone else.

Edited by gazzared
spelling

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I think the tradition is normally dictated by what the PM does. In previous times if the PM was there then the LOTO takes it but if the PM is away then the Deputy steps in. I think that’s how it goes anyway.  

I also think the image of a clearly deranged clown gesticulating wildly to an empty room about how he couldn't possibly have done any more to save 100,000 people will be, in itself, quite powerful.

Does it not seem to be dependent on whether the vaccine reduces transmission? If it does, then it is in everyone's benefit if those that are having most contact with others are vaccinated.

The elephant in the room is that kids cannot get the vaccine yet and are a huge source of spread when schools are in.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It such a tough one this .... should a 20year old police officer get a jab before a 69 year old .... I really don’t know the answer ... but I’d like them to stick to their planned list 

I think they should get to 50+ first before thinking about it. That is the first phase they set out anyway and said beyond that they will wait and see i think. The rate we are going at it won't be that long till the over 50s are getting done anyway.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

It such a tough one this .... should a 20year old police officer get a jab before a 69 year old .... I really don’t know the answer ... but I’d like them to stick to their planned list 

I personally don't see this as a tough decision.

A police officer is in effect risking their life to uphold law and given some of the situations they are asked to attend (anti vax protest etc.) the risk of them catching the virus increases significantly.

The risk to the 69 year old on the face of it may be higher however providing they follow social distancing and so on I'd argue the risk is possibly lower in that circumstance?

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

A police officer is in effect risking their life to uphold law and given some of the situations they are asked to attend (anti vax protest etc.) the risk of them catching the virus increases significantly.

The risk to the 69 year old on the face of it may be higher however providing they follow social distancing and so on I'd argue the risk is possibly lower in that circumstance?

20 year olds don't die of the virus.

I guess in regards to the police specifically I'd look at it like this:

If I needed to call them for something serious and was told that there wouldn't be anyone able to attend for a long time then it turned out that was because the already stretched force had multiple officers out due to catching the virus or having been told to isolate, how would I feel?

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

I don’t know if they were stuck at home then probably yes ... but if they were working somewhere then maybe not ... it’s also the risk of someone being hospitalised \ dying .... I think go with the priority groups and then pick up those left off 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

20 year olds don't die of the virus.

It's not just their health though is it, it's the job they carry out which is affected if they don't turn up.

Our police force barely has enough resource normally let along if multiple officers can't turn up to work for any covid related issues?