When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, xxialac said:

That's one of the major issues with social media.

Hard to know when someone is being serious or sarcastic without the visual clue or without knowing their personality.

Maybe we need an internationally agreed sarcasm emoji. Get the UN involved.

have we not fallen out with them yet ? ..... plenty of time 🙂 

34 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

so... the UK govt are going to get away with being utterly shit about covid, aren't they? 😞 

They'll have fucked it up all the way thru, but will find salvation via a few much-too-late moves such as quarantining international arrivals and a super-quick vaccine roll-out.

Tbf the super fast vaccine roll out isn't really too late. We did it asap!

Hard to know what the public will feel post crisis mode. We will have to see how we and the rest of the world end up once its all over!

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I didn't think you would. 🙂 

Doesn't change anything tho. 

I know and I get what you're saying. 

By sounds of it they are talking it could be weeks before this is up and running.

We actually booked our ferry back last night for near the end of Feb as we have just managed to pick up 6-8 weeks work from early March (including time to self isolate for 10 days on the site)

If it's brought in and affects us we will have to look at rescheduling the ferry, as genuinely can not pay for hotel with no current income.

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

That's one of the major issues with social media.

Hard to know when someone is being serious or sarcastic without the visual clue or without knowing their personality.

Maybe we need an internationally agreed sarcasm emoji. Get the UN involved.

This is a commonly accepted sarcasm emoji

🙃

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

then really, shouldn't you of started heading home yesterday to try and beat the possible rule change...?

We're land sitting for someone who is in hospital. Can't leave just like that with livestock here unless someone else is here.

39 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

yeah, I actually would prefer Johnson to Sunak or Patel.

It depends, if your goal is a Labour government then it is probably preferable to have Patel in next. Sunak is in my opinion more like to win a General Election than Patel is. 

28 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

My post wasn't serious hence the 😋 at the bit you selectively missed out.

Of course am fully aware of the situation, but we will see what's announced as I reckon there wont be a blanket ban and there will be exemptions.

Oh and I really don't give a fuck what you think of me either. Cheers.

Glastonbury Festival

The original forums for everything Glastonbury since 1998.
The place to experience the spirit of Glastonbury all year round.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Aren't they having their first proper lockdown now as avoided anything too draconian last year? And the Dutch love their freedoms.

Be interested to see what they done with the gaff by the end of their third lockdown!

2 hours ago, xxialac said:

ROI is a sovereign state and it is not for bullying Brussels London to tell it what to do. The UK needs to respects Ireland's self-determination!

To be honest, public sentiment has been to shut the borders properly since the start, but unless NI did the same it was pointless. If the UK introduces hotel quarantine, it will allow us do something we have wanted to do for a while! 

10 minutes ago, gazzared said:

The place to experience the spirit of Glastonbury all year round.

Och Neil knows I love him really and will we still say hello and chat over a beer/spliff next time we see each other in a field like we have done for the last 16+ years 😘...if we ever get back in a field! 😬

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

yeah ... as well as allowing the tories to claim they've saved holidays when they end the quarantining.

This. They’ll probably lift it *just* in time for the school holidays. Big feel good factor.

And yes, they’ll get away with it.

5 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Those reporters at the German newspaper need to be sacked.

I'm speechless. 

They could quite literally have cost lives by going public with this misinformation potentially meaning the older generation in Germany refuse the vaccine.

Question for anyone that's volunteered as a vaccine steward through the NHS Responders App.

Are the available locations for stewarding linked to your set distance for tasks?  I had one pop up last week which is outside of my radius, which I accepted, but that's since been cancelled and nothing has come up to replace it.

Assumption based on that was that the stewarding roles are separate from the standard task distances, but now it's all gone quiet I'm not so sure!