When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

What has become apparent during the pandemic is that journalists’ training is absolutely inadequate to report on these things. Incentivised only to be first, jump the gun and sensationalise, they have been really shoddy at a time when it really matters. Thank fuck the papers are all dying on their arses.

• Upvote 3

Hotel Quarantine on all international arrivals to the UK coming imminently. As I have said a few times over the past few weeks, all indications are that the gonvernment now want an aggressive elimination of this done this year.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/25/new-quarantine-rules-expected-for-travellers-to-uk

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

@Toilet Duck any thoughts ? 

Reading through the thread, the 8% seems to come from an extrapolation of the LD:SD vs SD:SD data in the original paper. Since then, AZ have submitted data (which is what the MHRA used to approve) suggesting that the dosing regimen was not behind the greater efficacy, rather the gap between doses. Hence the 9-12 week window for maximum efficacy. AZ themselves previously suggested they’d figured out how to best use the vaccine (how it is currently being used in the UK). The only caveat being that an EMA CMA requires more data than an EUA, so maybe they’ve spotted something. I doubt the EU would be threatening to haul AZ to court over deliveries though if they thought the vaccine was useless! 

Edited by Toilet Duck
Typo!
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Well it’s safe to say tomorrow will be interesting!

Statements from AZ & the MHRA would be more than welcome.

Look, if I log in on this forum tomorrow and it’s not filled with news along the lines of: “Cure for Coronavirus found”, “all vaccines 100% effective”, “Boris Johnson announces resignation and general election- Tories face wipeout” and “everything will be fixed by April”, then you are ALL in huge trouble!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

Look, if I log in on this forum tomorrow and it’s not filled with news along the lines of: “Cure for Coronavirus found”, “all vaccines 100% effective”, “Boris Johnson announces resignation and general election- Tories face wipeout” and “everything will be fixed by April”, then you are ALL in huge trouble!

ok ... I will volunteer for the tories face wipeout headline ..... any takers for the rest ? 

6 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So...err...how effective is AZ vaccine on over 65s?

Data from both the phase 1/2 and phase 3 trial suggested no real differences in older age groups (in fact, immune response in their early trial was actually more robust in older individuals if I recall correctly). 

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

Brexit party's new name.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Reform UK, formally The Brexit Party.

Just now, March Hare said:

Now the anti lockdown party I think 

Ah, so they've already fuked us and now they want to re-fuk us. Fuk them.

• Upvote 3