When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There's a difference between believing and not dismissing out of hand.

Quite.

After all if the German equivalent of the Financial Times had said a couple of months back that some Astrazeneca volunteers were accidentally given the wrong dose, would there not have been those who immediately called bullshit on that??

It seems unlikely but the mystery will resolve itself soon.

Oof, the last page or two of this thread has sullied my mood! EU possibly blocking Pfizer vaccine, EU pressuring AZ to cut into UK supply to give it to them, Germany indicating Oxford vaccine is only 8% effective on over 65 year olds, and the Tory lead increasing. An absolute wipeout of shite!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ozanne said:

To instantly call it bullshit does seem a bit over the top when we have little information either way.

We have a fairly substantial amount of information, contained in the Public Assessment Report released by the MHRA

Granted, like most on here I don't actually understand it, but I'm pretty confident that plenty of people who do understand it will have read it and will have raised the alarm if there are serious concerns.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Oof, the last page or two of this thread has sullied my mood! EU possibly blocking Pfizer vaccine, EU pressuring AZ to cut into UK supply to give it to them, Germany indicating Oxford vaccine is only 8% effective on over 65 year olds, and the Tory lead increasing. An absolute wipeout of shite!

lets wait and see how it plays out ... 

1 minute ago, Mr.Tease said:

The stuff about the AZ vaccine is all conjecture at the moment, there isn't enough information either way. The stuff about the EU potentially blocking vaccines are also just reports in papers and the movement in that poll is margin of error movement. Whilst it could be worrying stuff at the moment it could go either way so might not be all shite!

There's a doubt on the Astra vaccine, articles of impeachment for the US President for insurrection being delivered, Debenhams to close after 250 years, UK government to quarantine all arrivals to the country, the Italian PM resigning.

..and that just today!

The news is just exhausting at the moment.

Edited by xxialac
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Well it’s safe to say tomorrow will be interesting!

Statements from AZ & the MHRA would be more than welcome.

AZ are quoted in the Blid story as saying its absolute rubbish.

Its Govt stories on a day when the Germans and EU have gotten into a very public fight with AZ. Its quoting anonymous govt sources. I'm super dubious on this one