When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Just now, JoeyT said:

Call me cynical but it all seems very coincidently timed with the publicised issues the EU have had with the AZ production...

I do hope you're right... from a personal perspective my mum had the AZ vaccine on Thursday so that was one less thing to worry about. Hopefully Professor Duck will alleviate our concerns.

I'm sure it's not a problem, whilst it's a fairly decent German newspaper it's just a newspaper and cites no Scientific evidence. I doubt it's the EU playing games either, there's probably something that's been missed or miss-communicated. Even IF it's true we still have the Pfizer vaccine and more coming online too.

1 minute ago, Oboy82 said:

Won't make any difference.  UK won't hit vaccination targets now with the EU most likely blocking exports until they receive their purchased doses https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/25/eu-threatens-to-block-covid-vaccine-exports-amid-astrazeneca-shortfall

So they’re moaning about not getting a vaccine whilst at the same time saying it’s not effective anyway.

Something doesn’t add up does it?!

2 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

It seems the trial data was heavily skewed toward under 55s and not many over 55s contributing to the trials.

If the EMA will only approve it for under 65s at the moment then I'm sure they have evidence to support that, maybe they just haven't seen enough data to approve it for over 65s as of yet. I don't think this is anything yet to get to concerned over.

• Upvote 1

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Not a clue. You’ve not answered my question. You think the MHRA would approve a vaccine for older people that was 8 percent effective?

I think it's possible that desperation and pressure leads to situations being where less due diligence is done than in normal circumstances. 

1 minute ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

I think it's possible that desperation and pressure leads to situations being where less due diligence is done than in normal circumstances. 

You’re opting to believe a quote from a German newspaper you knew nothing about an hour ago over one of the most reputable medical regulators in the world?

• Upvote 1

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

You’re opting to believe a quote from a German newspaper you knew nothing about an hour ago over one of the most reputable medical regulators in the world?

I'm not believing it - I'm just saying it's possible. There not saying it's not safe, there just suggesting it's not that useful. Have they got more data etc... They have certainly had more time. 

I think it's right to skeptical of a process being so much quicker than it normally is. 

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's too early to know what this means and I wouldn't be so quick to either dismiss it or endorse it. 

We will soon find out.

image.png.72b80dbf4824be14d1cc1b8dec23fb97.png

Looking around online there seems to be plenty of data that suggests AZ had a good response in all groups, I hope they are right.

2 minutes ago, xxialac said:

It's too early to know what this means and I wouldn't be so quick to either dismiss it or endorse it. 

We will soon find out.

image.png.72b80dbf4824be14d1cc1b8dec23fb97.png

Exactly, lets wait to see what data comes out before we decide either way. It's too important to rubbish either side here too quickly.