When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

28 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Thanks! I dont normally care if id said something controversial  but the post was perfectly reasonable i thought.

All agreed but I am tempted to take one off for rep whinging / whoring. They don’t mean anything, why bother about them

13 minutes ago, st dan said:

Not liking the ‘long, long, long’ wording from Hancock in regards to when restrictions can be lifted.
Hoping this was just a way of making people to expect this to be until April at the earliest, and not any longer than that.  

I have in my mind that these restrictions will mostly be in place till Easter anyway. 

31 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yeah I guess! My post was saying how it wasn't a government decision but the indepenendent JVCI. So ironically its very not supporting the govt per se. 

He once down voted me for suggesting we could give out over 200k vaccinations per day a few weeks ago so I doubt it was accidental.

• Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Completely agree with him. Once you start going "you're vaccinated you can do what you want", people will take the piss and stopped following rules. Everyone will act like they have the vaccine. How would you even police it? I can have people around mine or go to the pub, will the police have to check everyone? Seems unmanageable 

Also if you're older, you will get the vaccine months before myself. I have completely put my life on hold so that we can protect those who are vulnerable because we're all in this together. Why is it fair that I made that sacrifice for them but they couldn't make the same for us? 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

I have in my mind that these restrictions will mostly be in place till Easter anyway. 

Yep, I’d say that’s almost a certainty now.

It’s just the moving goalposts that are difficult to cope with (although understandable given the ever changing nature of the virus) - originally we all assumed lockdown would be until the end of February, now it’s going being pushed back even further, and the worry is that a chunk of 2021 will be eaten up before any form of normality returns. 

7 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

He once down voted me for suggesting we could give out over 200k vaccinations per day a few weeks ago so I doubt it was accidental.

I downvoted that post not because of its content. I downvoted it because I’ve had to put up with months of you bullying me and picking on every single post of mine.

@zahidfhas always been polite and respectful in posts, therefore I wouldn’t unnecessarily downvote unless it was justified. I’ve actually been trying to reduce my interactions on this forum because every time I post I get a bullying and harassing comment. Therefore, I wouldn’t unnecessarily start something up unless I thought it was justified.

It seems people on here are ok though that you constantly pick on every single one of my posts and have been since last summer. It is belittling and unfair, in fact it’s actually bullying.

Edited by FestivalJamie

27 minutes ago, st dan said:

Not liking the ‘long, long, long’ wording from Hancock in regards to when restrictions can be lifted.
Hoping this was just a way of making people to expect this to be until April at the earliest, and not any longer than that.  

We won't know until middle of next month how the vaccine effects transmission after one dose (from Israel and here). I think the Govt is under promising and over delivering now (as with the vaccine roll out) so I'm not taking what they say as gospel at the moment.

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Seems that will be the case but I think once we hit Easter, but really positive that this will be the last lockdown we have unless something really catastrophic happened

Likely we will be in tier 3 from the start of easter and can see by end of April everywhere being Tier 2. We want to hit 15m by Mid Feb and it looks like we are on track. Think last Sunday we vaccinated like 400k so around 2.8 million a week (unsure if this is sustainable based on supply) 

I don't see why we need to have restrictions anymore if the top tier 9 tier groups (which make 90%+ of deaths) are vaccinated 

Just now, aj6658 said:

Seems that will be the case but I think once we hit Easter, but really positive that this will be the last lockdown we have unless something really catastrophic happened

Likely we will be in tier 3 from the start of easter and can see by end of April everywhere being Tier 2. We want to hit 15m by Mid Feb and it looks like we are on track. Think last Sunday we vaccinated like 400k so around 2.8 million a week (unsure if this is sustainable based on supply) 

I don't see why we need to have restrictions anymore if the top tier 9 tier groups (which make 90%+ of deaths) are vaccinated 

I think at that stage, the arguments against lockdown would outweigh the arguments for restrictions

14 minutes ago, st dan said:

Yep, I’d say that’s almost a certainty now.

It’s just the moving goalposts that are difficult to cope with (although understandable given the ever changing nature of the virus) - originally we all assumed lockdown would be until the end of February, now it’s going being pushed back even further, and the worry is that a chunk of 2021 will be eaten up before any form of normality returns. 

I hope this doesn’t across as I know more but I always had in my head that the mid-Feb date would be extended just because it’s winter and viruses transmit more easily. But I completely understand why a lot would have taken the PMs word of a mid-Feb relaxation and will be annoyed if it’s extended.

It’s par for the course with this government with Johnson, he’ll try to promise the optimistic option but have to backtrack on that when push comes to shove. 

13 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

I downvoted that post not because of its content. I downvoted it because I’ve had to put up with months of you bullying me and picking on every single post of mine.

@zahidfhas always been polite and respectful in posts, therefore I wouldn’t unnecessarily downvote unless it was justified. I’ve actually been trying to reduce my interactions on this forum because every time I post I get a bullying and harassing comment. Therefore, I wouldn’t unnecessarily start something up unless I thought it was justified.

It seems people on here are ok though that you constantly pick on every single one of my posts and have been since last summer. It is belittling and unfair, in fact it’s actually bullying.

Sorry you’re feeling this way 😔 it seems like Zahidf has accepted what’s happened so that’s the most important thing.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/ignore/

I would recommend using the ignore feature of what another poster is doing is making things difficult for you.

You are a good poster and bring a lot to the discussion so please try not to let some of the harshness get to you (easier said than done I know!)

• Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

You've made 1500 posts and I've replied negatively to maybe 10 or so. I would appreciate if you deleted/ edited out this ridiculous, hyperbolic nonsense.

Someone having a different opinion to you/ calling you out if they want to isn't bullying and I don't appreciate the suggestion.

Anyone who takes the PM at his word needs their head examined. How much evidence do you need he is not to be trusted?

Extraordinary fact on travel: here is the list in May last year of countries without any travel protections: Iran, Luxembourg, US Virgin Isles and the UK

Dither and delay...

3 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sorry you’re feeling this way 😔 it seems like Zahidf has accepted what’s happened so that’s the most important thing.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/ignore/

I would recommend using the ignore feature of what another poster is doing is making things difficult for you.

You are a good poster and bring a lot to the discussion so please try not to let some of the harshness get to you (easier said than done I know!)

Oh yeah, thats fine @festivaljamie, I'm happy to take your word it was an accident and happy to leave it at that. No need for us to talk of it again:-)