When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Did I imagine it did she say we needed to protect ourselves from the 'Denmark virus' (sic).

There was never was a strain in humans in Denmark.

Since June 2020, 214 human cases of COVID-19 have been identified in Denmark with SARS-CoV-2 variants associated with farmed minks, including 12 cases with a unique variant, reported on 5 Novem

https://www.who.int/csr/don/06-november-2020-mink-associated-sars-cov2-denmark/en/

1 minute ago, xxialac said:

Did I imagine it did she say we needed to protect ourselves from the 'Denmark virus' (sic).

There was never was a strain in humans in Denmark.

We need to keep those mink out ... wonder if they are gonna be spotted in boats crossing the channel 

6 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Since June 2020, 214 human cases of COVID-19 have been identified in Denmark with SARS-CoV-2 variants associated with farmed minks, including 12 cases with a unique variant, reported on 5 Novem

https://www.who.int/csr/don/06-november-2020-mink-associated-sars-cov2-denmark/en/

Ah many thanks for correcting me. Still given what is occurring with the UK strain (which for consistency she of course calls the UK Virus), it seems absurd to drag Denmark's name through the mud with their 214 cases of a strain and a strain that is not more contagious.

Edited by xxialac

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Ah many thanks for correcting me. Still given what is occurring with the UK strain (which for consistency she of course calls that the UK Virus), it seems absurd to drag Denmark's name through the mud with their 214 cases of a strain and a strain that is not more contagious.

True. Deflection and lies are are a working M.O though in the absence of anything positive.

Having said that, there has been no shortage of people willing to blindly believe them even in the face of mounting evidence.

Edited by Copperface
  • Upvote 1

I wonder if we had a competent (but less sexy) home secretary, we would have many fewer deaths as we would have managed our borders better?

Last year was a total free for all. You could swan through the airports, no checks at all, no signs, nothing.

The contrast elsewhere was striking.

11 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There's a government advert doing the rounds on the radio stating that ‘people out jogging or walking the dog are likely to have covid".

Conveniently ignoring the fact that a whole swathe of the population are being forced back to work in unsafe offices and workplaces.

The public blaming is infuriating, and so Tory. It's not Doris from number 30 popping out to get some milk that's spreading this, is it?

19 minutes ago, xxialac said:

There's a government advert doing the rounds on the radio stating that ‘people out jogging or walking the dog are likely to have covid".

What the clucking hell??

People out jogging are actually improving their ability to fight the virus.

Any form of fitness in the current circumstances should be encouraged in my opinion not discouraged!

8 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Conveniently ignoring the fact that a whole swathe of the population are being forced back to work in unsafe offices and workplaces.

The public blaming is infuriating, and so Tory. It's not Doris from number 30 popping out to get some milk that's spreading this, is it?

No but I imagine there is a lot of household mixing...