When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Need a bit of advice if anyone can help. Because of tier 4, I still have all of the Christmas presents that I bought for my parents lying around in my flat. I was initially planning to just keep them until I can go visit, but it seems highly unlikely that a visit will be possible anytime soon, so I want to get them sent.

Can anyone recommend a courier that will (a) Ship large parcels across the UK quickly, and (b) Offer insurance in case something goes missing? 

Local mass vaccination centre Taunton  is shutting on sat ... to allow horse racing to happen apparently this happened at Newbury a few days back too ... ffs we do have other spaces that could have been used ... I wonder how much money was backhanded to dido etc for this ?!! 

So, I'm wondering if there's a chance that this shit will never end?

Supposed to be working from home but with this today's news, inevitable as it was, I appear to walking around thew house aimlessly. Might nip to the offy for a cheeky Thursday night tipple. FFS. 

4 minutes ago, The Dawg said:

Supposed to be working from home but with this today's news, inevitable as it was, I appear to walking around thew house aimlessly. Might nip to the offy for a cheeky Thursday night tipple. FFS. 

I don’t think it will ever “end” in eradication. It’ll end when we decide to accept covid-19 as an endemic virus in society. That day will probably come when vaccines and treatments reduce the overall risk to society such that there is no risk of the NHS being overwhelmed and the number of people dying each year is worth the benefit we get from a fully reopened society (perhaps < 20k per year in the UK).

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Local mass vaccination centre Taunton  is shutting on sat ... to allow horse racing to happen apparently this happened at Newbury a few days back too ... ffs we do have other spaces that could have been used ... I wonder how much money was backhanded to dido etc for this ?!! 

The race meeting was probably scheduled ages ago, they'll have planned for this. Better to have a venue open 95% of the time than not at all, surely

4 minutes ago, The Dawg said:

Don’t worry, there’s no chance that this won’t end. It might take a little longer than we’d like, but as far as I’ve seen all the experts agree that we’ll definitely get there.

The longer it goes on the more will there is to get it sorted. Global vaccine production and distribution capability is only gonna increase. Even if things go bad and we need a new vaccine it’ll get done loads quicker.

Holdtight! We’ll be ok 🙂

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, The Dawg said:

I miss-read that 2nd to last word at first as nipple 🤦‍♂️

22 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Dunno about Taunton, but at Newbury it’s not yet doing vaccinations 7 days a week and the race days were planned in from the beginning.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/fact-check-did-newbury-shut-as-a-vaccine-hub-to-let-racing-go-ahead/469135

22 minutes ago, The Dawg said:

This shit will end, but then there will be some more shit to replace it. Because, life is shit...etc.

27 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

horse racing is such a dick sport.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Dunno about Taunton, but at Newbury it’s not yet doing vaccinations 7 days a week and the race days were planned in from the beginning.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/fact-check-did-newbury-shut-as-a-vaccine-hub-to-let-racing-go-ahead/469135

it was on the local news as a 7 day 8-8 operation .... obviously that will depend on vaccine availability too .... maybe Taunton is not 7 days yet .... 

28 minutes ago, The Dawg said:

hear hear, I've done the same and wandered from room to room , occasionally looked out the window and had a little cry

the fridge stock will be raided somewhat tonight for a thirsty thursday, but i think the saving grace is that although we might not be in the fields this year, by the time we get to that weekend the outlook will be so much more positive!

• Upvote 1

Hello folks. Been hiding for a while. Last time I looked this thread was only 3 figures!!! 

How are you all? Bad news today eh? 

Slightly cheerier news I have been vaccinated against covid so that's that slight worry put off a bit. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Need a bit of advice if anyone can help. Because of tier 4, I still have all of the Christmas presents that I bought for my parents lying around in my flat. I was initially planning to just keep them until I can go visit, but it seems highly unlikely that a visit will be possible anytime soon, so I want to get them sent.

Can anyone recommend a courier that will (a) Ship large parcels across the UK quickly, and (b) Offer insurance in case something goes missing? 

Hey, I used parcel force at Christmas, easy website to use and they come and collect it the next day and deliver the day after r two days after depending on what service you choose. They also insure up to £100 with option to buy more on top... used them two or three times, they were good

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, rascalpete said:

Hey, I used parcel force at Christmas, easy website to use and they come and collect it the next day and deliver the day after r two days after depending on what service you choose. They also insure up to £100 with option to buy more on top... used them two or three times, they were good

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/cheap-parcel-delivery/

This page has links to a number of parcel delivery sites

• Upvote 1