When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 hours ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Are you a suiter?

Have you seen the documentary from a few years ago? Its on YouTube now you haven't seen it.

Haha I'm not a suiter but absolutely love all the stories about people who are.

I did see that when it came out - have you read Football Manager Ruined my Life by Iain Macintosh? 

On 1/19/2021 at 2:27 PM, northernringo said:

Down to 323.7/100k now but another 24 deaths sadly. Still going to be a while before the deaths come down.

Yesterday the rate dropped from 323.7/100k and then today we finally dropped to below 300.

The rate is currently 295.6/100k which is the first time it has been below 300 since Dec 23rd.

Two weeks ago it was 600/100k.

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

"You don't need a proper mask - leave those for the NHS workers (and we need time to set up companies to profit from this and ignore anyone who already makes them) Here's a YouTube video on how to make a face covering from an old sock..."

3 hours ago, xxialac said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/european-championship

The UK is going to fight tooth and nail to host the European Championships, aren't they and throw a tonne of cash at it.

Johnson would love getting one up on other EU countries as a populist show of strength and to get the UK on people's TV screens worldwide.

I'd take England hosting it this year when no fans are allowed, stops us embarrassing ourselves further in front of our european friends

3 hours ago, zahidf said:

That wouldn't last till June id have thought.

I'd assume they'd be an exception for Sport. And i don't see that being feasible in Summer months anyway given the importance of the summer season for a lot of countries in the EU

February will be interesting - whether teams from Europe want to send their players here to play our lot in the Champions League and Europa League, staying in hotels etc.

2 hours ago, zahidf said:

Yup

Maybe we should've just sacked off the trials after a few weeks and approved it months ago if we're going to make up our own rules...

6 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Yesterday the rate dropped from 323.7/100k and then today we finally dropped to below 300.

The rate is currently 295.6/100k which is the first time it has been below 300 since Dec 23rd.

Two weeks ago it was 600/100k.

Going going Mr Ringo, I’m giving you full credit for this decline. 

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

Maybe we should've just sacked off the trials after a few weeks and approved it months ago if we're going to make up our own rules...

How are they making up rules? You can disagree with the 12 week gap strategy if you want but a lot of scientists back it and one dose is generally enough to stave off serious illness and With the Oxford one the longer gap increases efficacy.

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

How are they making up rules? You can disagree with the 12 week gap strategy if you want but a lot of scientists back it and one dose is generally enough to stave off serious illness and With the Oxford one the longer gap increases efficacy.

And AZ have said the 12 week gap is fine

10 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

totally makes sense with Oxford but it does feel a bit of dodgy ground with the other one just from a lack of data of how long that lasts, what actually happens when you start giving second dose at 12 weeks, not to mention if there are supply issues, do people then get a 3rd one sometime? 

13 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

totally makes sense with Oxford but it does feel a bit of dodgy ground with the other one just from a lack of data of how long that lasts, what actually happens when you start giving second dose at 12 weeks, not to mention if there are supply issues, do people then get a 3rd one sometime? 

Not sure what you mean about a third one.

I don't think it is dodgy with the Pfizer one tbh, it'll have been given the go ahead by top scientists I'm sure and fairly sure generally vaccines have good responses with longer delays between doses.