When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, duke88 said:

There's always some vaccines left at the end of the day. Some people won't turn up, the vaccines come in batches of certain numbers, sometimes they're manging to extra doses out of a vial. It's good to have people ready to take these, regardless of what priority group they're in, as other wise they will be wasted as they have to be used that day once they're mixed etc. 

I know of this happening first hand because a friend of mine is in the police and they got a call to the station from the local vaccination centre inviting officers down one evening last week.

But that makes sense to me rather than giving it to every joe bloggs who wants one?!

8 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I know of this happening first hand because a friend of mine is in the police and they got a call to the station from the local vaccination centre inviting officers down one evening last week.

But that makes sense to me rather than giving it to every joe bloggs who wants one?!

It's difficult because they generally don't know how much will be left until right at the end of the day. At the one I volunteer at, we rang a care home and got all their staff sent over on Sunday, plus some pharmacy and dental staff. It's certainly not just for everyone. Ringing police, firefighters or teachers would be certainly be useful as well.

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

What I don't get is if you get one of these leftover vaccines or whatever, how do you then make sure you get your booster shot 12 weeks later?

You're in the NHS system as having had one, and you'll get notified to have one when it's due.

It's really not a big issue, we're talking a handful.

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Have the Seychelles now jumped above us ?!  

Yep... think they only started a couple days ago though kinda came out of nowhere.

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

Pretty embarrassing from the Netherlands & France. Think France will have big problems with their slow rollout and vaccine-scepticism.

Netherlands is the biggest embarrassment in my opinion. They have 400,000 vaccines sitting unused in a giant warehouse and are in no rush to get them administered any time soon (people haven’t even been booked in for appointments etc)- I have a couple of friends who live there. Germany are having lots of logistical issues too but mainly not enough supply. EU is really waiting and dependent on AstraZeneca approval now from the EMA.

France will undoubtedly have problems with sceptics but at least they are trying to speed up the rollout...

4 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

What I don't get is if you get one of these leftover vaccines or whatever, how do you then make sure you get your booster shot 12 weeks later?

A colleague of mine got one a couple days ago, and was booked in for his second appointment there and then.

13 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Have never come within 2 metres of anyone at my local polling centre, except for maybe at the desk when signing in. Could all be masked though and would feel safer than the supermarket I reckon, especially with numbers down a lot by then. Local elections in particular don't exactly have a major turnout!

Just now, xxialac said:

Great at logistics normally, the Germans. Having lived there, can well imagine that must be a source of national shame.

I’m not really sure what’s going on there tbh. Have a couple of friends who live out there. Lockdown just got extended until mid feb yesterday and actually the measures were tightened too. Numbers are on the way down though but daily death toll is very high from pre Christmas infections.

Vaccines are very slow. Only looking at 50-60,000 a day. On a good day it will be 90,000. Obviously using only Pfizer and Moderna so far but it just seems like it’s not really taking off it’s feet. The latest Pfizer delays will only slow them down more. EMA really needs to get moving with the AstraZeneca approval. Hopefully next week.

3 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Just wondering if they prioritise within the priority groups ? Or is it just random ? Or even alphabetical ? Group 6 looks quite a big group ... 🙂 

You’re looking for any edge possible. If it’s alphabetical then you win if it’s by First name but I’d win if it’s by Surname. 

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Have never come within 2 metres of anyone at my local polling centre, except for maybe at the desk when signing in. Could all be masked though and would feel safer than the supermarket I reckon, especially with numbers down a lot by then. Local elections in particular don't exactly have a major turnout!

WhY CAnt I Go To ThE PuB If I CaN VoTE?