When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So...err...what's going on? I thought we had a consensus that we're doing really well with vaccines but govt have fucked up several times along the way?

No. We have a heavily polarised, predominantly self-righteous viewpoint determined to launch patronising passive aggressive attacks on anyone daring to put forward and celebrate positive news.

I only hang around here for the highly informed and balanced input from @Toilet Duck.

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

So...err...what's going on? I thought we had a consensus that we're doing really well with vaccines but govt have fucked up several times along the way?

No idea mate, that was the consensus that was mentioned. I guess all we can do is be happy we’ve got the vaccinations under way and there is an end in sight. Hopefully we’ll be out of this soon, that makes me very happy!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Yup... surely you can hang out with your vaccinated mates once you're vaccinated!

This chap in my team at work today on a Zoom call was passionately saying how the government have the vaccine program the wrong way round and they should be vaccinating the young first. The ones going out keep the country running so to speak, your delivery drivers, police, teachers etc. It’s not personally my view but your post made me think about it. 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Cooter said:

I have a feeling (due to lots of googling!) the vaccine situation, with regards to new strains etc, is about to go tits up.  Hopefully I'm wrong but I think the world has underestimated this thing in a big way.

What makes you think this?

3 minutes ago, Cooter said:

I have a feeling (due to lots of googling!) the vaccine situation, with regards to new strains etc, is about to go tits up.  Hopefully I'm wrong but I think the world has underestimated this thing in a big way.

I’m basing this on no medical expertise but nah, hopefully we’ll be vaccinate enough and any mutations will make the virus less lethal. So far so good *touch wood*. Keep the faith!

All sings so far point to the vaccine teams being able to amend the vaccines fairly quickly too. 

Edited by Ozanne

3 minutes ago, Cooter said:

Nah... it needs to mutate a lot faster to do that. Maybe a problem next year but hopefully we can get new vaccines mDe quickly to combat that.

5 minutes ago, Cooter said:

you might be interested in this...

https://www.theguardian.com/science/audio/2021/jan/19/covid-19-how-do-you-tweak-a-vaccine

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

This chap in my team at work today on a Zoom call was passionately saying how the government have the vaccine program the wrong way round and they should be vaccinating the young first. The ones going out keep the country running so to speak, your delivery drivers, police, teachers etc. It’s not personally my view but your post made me think about it. 

Ah yes I've seen that. It may make sense if we had a one shot vaccine which definitely stopped transmission. Doing it the way we are saves lives faster though.

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They're doing that in Indonesia and I also read that they're prioritising Instagram influencers! The mind boggles.

Just now, zahidf said:

Ah yes I've seen that. It may make sense if we had a one shot vaccine which definitely stopped transmission. Doing it the way we are saves lives faster though.

Yeah it does and it makes perfect sense to vaccinate the more at risk sections of society too.

34 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

Succinct and we'll argued point. I salute you sir.

13 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

No. We have a heavily polarised, predominantly self-righteous viewpoint determined to launch patronising passive aggressive attacks on anyone daring to put forward and celebrate positive news.

I only hang around here for the highly informed and balanced input from @Toilet Duck.

22 minutes ago, HalfAnIdiot said:

It wouldn't.

Passive aggressive responses?  Hmmm

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

we don't know if the vaccine stop you infecting others (probably does to some degree), whereas it does prevent people getting seriously ill and dying of it...so surely need to vaccinate the most vulnerable first.

21 minutes ago, km9 said:

It was just another slap down of somebody pointing out the double standards seen on this thread.

After 2239 pages of discussion ? We aren’t all gonna agree ... people will have differing opinions on the points of a life changing potentially deadly pandemic won’t they ? Opinions  have been strong in all directions and that won’t change .  I think everyone that’s posted on here has added to the discussion and made me think despite not always agreeing to points raised ... surely that’s the point of this ? 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

we don't know if the vaccine stop you infecting others (probably does to some degree), whereas it does prevent people getting seriously ill and dying of it...so surely need to vaccinate the most vulnerable first.

Absolutely but it was an interesting little discussion nonetheless. He raised some good points but as you say we need to vaccinate the vulnerable first.

I wonder how many others in society have that view though?

Edited by Ozanne