When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

On 1/18/2021 at 10:26 AM, eFestivals said:

I definitely saw something where the UK got no deliveries of the Pfizer vaccine for somewhen in the next few weeks (might be this week), and which coincided with the pause for EU deliveries.

Just heard that stocks of the first Covid vaccine may soon run out.

Pfizer Chiefs say that they predict a riot.......

Edited by Sawdusty Surfer
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Flat out misinformation. Belgium, Italy and the Czech Republic as well as a few tiny countries have higher death rates 

DEF87F5E-3D32-4529-9CB0-66D4AD57627D.jpeg

Why is it OK for people to jump on @Fuzzy Afro's back when he was just pointing out that information quoted on here as fact was actually false?

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

so...what's the crack...we have the highest daily deaths in the world at the moment?

Yeah (from that article I posted above):

Statistics - collected by Our World in Data, an Oxford University research platform - show that the UK to have the worst seven-day average of new daily Covid-19 deaths per million people - a rate of 16.54 per 1,000,000.

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Personally I don’t believe it’s the right time for a tweet like that from Kier (although he is of course correct in what he is saying) - the thousands of grieving families don’t need finger pointing right this moment. 

Edited by st dan

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah (from that article I posted above):

Statistics - collected by Our World in Data, an Oxford University research platform - show that the UK to have the worst seven-day average of new daily Covid-19 deaths per million people - a rate of 16.54 per 1,000,000.

ok, but not the worst overall?

and this has triggered a little argument.

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Personally I don’t believe it’s the right time for a tweet like that from Kier - the thousands of grieving families don’t need finger pointing right this moment. 

To be fair to him, the two main parties have increasingly convergent viewpoints on key issues like state intervention in the economy as well as on immigration and Brexit. If that’s the case going into the election the competence card is the only card Labour have to play. 

Just now, steviewevie said:

Exactly.

It’s correct and fair to point out that the UK has the highest deaths/population reported in the last 7 days.

What’s not correct is David Schneider’s assertion that the UK has “the worst death rate in the world” without any reference to the short time period. Other countries such as Belgium, Czech Republic and Italy as well as a few micro states are higher up the wall of shame than we are. 

Just now, steviewevie said:

If you mean total of deaths then no, this has come from Oxford University’s research platform which says currently our deaths per million are the worst.

I’ve no idea about the argument. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

To be fair to him, the two main parties have increasingly convergent viewpoints on key issues like state intervention in the economy as well as on immigration and Brexit. If that’s the case going into the election the competence card is the only card Labour have to play. 

we'll see how generous the govt will be with welfare etc after this thing is over.