When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

11 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Flat out misinformation. Belgium, Italy and the Czech Republic as well as a few tiny countries have higher death rates 

DEF87F5E-3D32-4529-9CB0-66D4AD57627D.jpeg

At this current point in time, the uk has the highest daily death rate in the world. It’s not really misinformation, just could have been worded better.

Edited by FestivalJamie

14 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Ok so you think our 7 day average of 1129 daily deaths is acceptable?

Obviously it’s a real tragedy and the numbers are shockingly high, but it can’t be taken out of context and used as a measure of success just because the UK is unfortunately top of that chart at the moment. 
I haven’t seen it used as a measure before when we haven’t been on top of this list - so for it to be used now seems very selective. 

Edited by st dan

11 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I dont give a monkeys about the “7 day average” when it comes to death numbers. A longer term average is much more useful. 

Lol okay, the uk has the 8th worst* death rate in the world. Get the flag out, what a great success!

*out of 221 countries listed.

Edited by mattiloy

6 minutes ago, st dan said:

But it can’t be taken out of context and used as a measure of success just because the UK is unfortunately top of that chart at the moment. 
I haven’t seen it used as a measure before when we haven’t been on top of this list - so for it to be used now seems very selective. 

I don’t even have a problem with people pointing out how bad the situation is *right now*. But Schneider flat out lied. 

39 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Interesting that deaths are down. Based on hospital admissions peaking around 12th January, unfortunately uk wide death figures should be at their highest this week and next week before coming down in February.

Possibly a weird impact of Christmas - people mixed sensibly, so didn't include vulnerable and elderly relatives, so there was a lot of spread around younger people who are more likely to survive in hospital?

1 hour ago, Andre91 said:

My partner and a group of her colleagues (all NHS) had the Oxford vaccine last week and out of the 7 of them that had it, 5 had to have either a day or two off of work following it due to having bad side effects such as  a fever, bad headaches, sickness and bad body aches.

I’ve genuinely never seen my partner in such a way, she was suffering terribly for one day and then on and off the next. She was 100% after those two days though. 

Some colleagues the week before had the Pfizer vaccine and had no side effects at all so I’m just wondering out of interest if anyone else has experienced any negative effect of the Oxford vaccine too 🙂 

*this isn’t me saying ‘x’ vaccine is better than ‘x’ vaccine; I don’t and won’t give a damn which vaccine I eventually get, just get it in me! 

My nan had Pfizer and a pretty rotten sized bruise around the injection site... told her to report it but alas she hasn’t! Other than that she (and my grandad) have had nothing else.

1 hour ago, rascalpete said:

Just back from my Janssen trial enrolment. I’ve been jabbed with something so who knows!! No side effects yet but if I get them I expect them to take a good few hours yet.

Interesting that people are still being vaccinated when they're supposedly close to submitting for approval.  @Toilet Duck Is this normal?  Is there another trial ongoing?

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Interesting that people are still being vaccinated when they're supposedly close to submitting for approval.  @Toilet Duck Is this normal?  Is there another trial ongoing?

This is for the 2 shot trial, think they are close to submitting for 1 shot I think. Presumably to see if the 2 shot offers a higher efficacy rate.

Had the Pfizer  jab last week and it was absolutely fine. Was advised that a low grade temperature is normal with the vaccine, but I didn’t even get that. Just a slightly sore arm for a day or so and that was it. No worse than any flu jab I’ve ever had. 

Edited by zero000

6 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's another trial. They're trialling 2 doses 57 days apart in England (Ensemble 2)

I'm on this one. It's the 1 shot that recruited in the USA (Ensemble) that's rumoured to be reporting soon.

20 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

@rascalpeteand @Leyrulion are correct!

There will be more trials of the authorised vaccines too (they are a condition of the authorisation). For example, we aim to finish the vaccination programme here in September and adolescents, children and pregnant women are pencilled in as the last group (would be added to school vaccines). But there’s an asterisk on the plan saying roll out in that group is conditional on safety data becoming available between now and then. 

36 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Had the Pfizer  jab last week and it was absolutely fine. Was advised that a low grade temperature is normal with the vaccine, but I didn’t even get that. Just a slightly sore arm for a day or so and that was it. No worse than any flu jab I’ve ever had. 

Great to hear you’ve had the vaccine!

• Upvote 1