When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

My view is that if you have anything serious enough to merit wearing a mask (post covid) then you shouldn't be out and about on public transport anyway.

In eastern culture, you wear a mask anytime you have a cold or something as courtesy to other people. Unfortunately most people jobs will not give them time off for mild colds/flus like that. So masks could be a good thing to keep. If you are made to work with a cold or s/t, as then you don't pass it to you colleagues or customers or anyone you encounter on your commute. 

It makes a lot of sense, I can't tell you the amount of times, one of my coworkers is sick and comes into work, because of strict only 2 sick days a year policy and then days later every fucking one has colds.  

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

My view is that if you have anything serious enough to merit wearing a mask (post covid) then you shouldn't be out and about on public transport anyway.

I know we're all virus experts now but we're not gonna be able to suppress the common cold from now on and people are still gonna have to travel with it.

I'm not suggesting it should be a rule or out but I've always felt a bit bad travelling with a cold.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

am laughing at the tennis players in Australia, who didn't realise Australian quarantine rules would be so strict.

I can't decide if that's because they're very very dumb or just hugely entitled, but tough shit on them either way. 😛 

Djavokic is a anti-masker weirdo who doesnt like surgery or vaccines. Almost definitely him being a twat

11 minutes ago, Quark said:

I think that's where there's a difference in mask perception between us and the far east.  Mate of mine from Hong Kong explained it to me; regardless of severity wearing a mask if you're ill is just a common courtesy out there. So even a cold, which is definitely not serious enough to warrant avoiding public transport or anything, would have you wearing a mask out and about just so you minimised chance of passing it on.

It's quite a cultural difference thing, at least as has been explained to me.

I went to visit a friend of mine who lives in Tokyo in 2019.

He said (back then) that the mask thing in Japan at least, is to also in part to impress your boss.  Showing that even if you are ill, you're still prepared to come into work.

On 1/5/2021 at 7:54 PM, eFestivals said:

85 years old.

Admitted to hospital with non-covid a week ago.

No vaccination offered.

Tested 3 times since admission.

Positive test today.

Currently asymptomatic.

20% of deaths are from hospital acquired covid.

Fingers firmly crossed.😞

really pleased to say that today she's being transferred to another hospital to continue (non-covid) treatment, as she's no longer classed as quarantining.

Covid doesn't seem to have affected her much, which I guess is the nice consequence of testing positive before having symptoms while already in hospital. Early on she was a little breathless and had a blast of oxygen plus some steriods, and there was a chest xray a few days later, and now a slight cough, but nothing concerning.

Thank you NHS. 🙂 

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

really pleased to say that today she's being transferred to another hospital to continue (non-covid) treatment, as she's no longer classed as quarantining.

Covid doesn't seem to have affected her much, which I guess is the nice consequence of testing positive before having symptoms while already in hospital. Early on she was a little breathless and had a blast of oxygen plus some steriods, and there was a chest xray a few days later, and now a slight cough, but nothing concerning.

Thank you NHS. 🙂 

Good to hear it mate, must be a big relief for you. 

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Thank you NHS. 🙂 

That's wonderful news! Really pleased for you and your Mum. 

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Thank you NHS. 🙂 

Glad to hear it!

Sturgeon said that 264,991 people in Scotland, including almost all care home residents, have now been vaccinated. She said the Scottish government was on course to vaccinate everyone in the top two priority groups - care home residents, health and social care staff and the over-80s - by the start of February.

Hat mancock for this afternoons briefing.

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Thank you NHS. 🙂 

Great stuff 👍

48 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I'd happily wear a mask if I had a cold or something, might encourage people not to sit next to me on the train.

Very handy indeed! Next best strategy is to enthusiastically start patting the seat beside you and grinning wildly at everyone that gets on. Nobody sits beside you! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

am laughing at the tennis players in Australia, who didn't realise Australian quarantine rules would be so strict.

I can't decide if that's because they're very very dumb or just hugely entitled, but tough shit on them either way. 😛 

To be fair it was sold to them as a “quarantine bubble” where the players all isolate together at a hotel for two weeks but they can practice together within the bubble - just no leaving the bubble or interacting with the bubble. 

They’ve turned up and many of them have been confined to their bedrooms. They were not told this was a possibility and many are saying they wouldn’t have travelled knowing this. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Thank you NHS. 🙂 

Really glad to hear that,  hope she’s home soon x

I'm gonna guess at a bit of both. Probably very clear on what the rules were for the tennis, but hadn't extended that to consider Australia's rules in general.

So have some sympathy, but at the same time if I was travelling anywhere for anything at the moment I'd want to be 100% clear on pretty much every aspect. Bit of a gap in there tbh, they're grown adults.

27 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Thank you NHS. 🙂 

Bloody good news mate

27 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Thank you NHS. 🙂 

That's good to hear! Must be such a relief!

36 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Thank you NHS. 🙂 

Very happy to read this news 🙂

40 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Thank you NHS. 🙂 

good news.

Covid case rates have dropped week-on-week across every region of England, new analysis indicates.

The analysis by PA Media shows that of the 315 local areas in England, 279 (89%) have seen a fall in case rates in the seven days to January 13 compared with the previous week, while 36 (11%) have seen a rise.

The rates have fallen across every region in the country over the same period, with the highest drop in London, down from 1,014.6 cases per 100,000 people to 761.3 in the week to January 13.

It is followed by eastern England, which is down from 755.0 to 556.6 and the south east which is down from 688.7 to 530.4.