When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

22 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Yep ... still loads of early priority’s to go ... End of the week I might get a bit twitchy ... think I heard they were around 50% of over 80s so plenty to go yet 

Remember that for ever four people vaccinated, another person will refuse the vaccine. So it’s likely more 62.5% of over 80s have been offered it. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Remember that for ever four people vaccinated, another person will refuse the vaccine. So it’s likely more 62.5% of over 80s have been offered it. 

I think the general polling had over 80s far more likely to want the vaccine than the national average

1 hour ago, Lizzim said:

Maybe should finish the over 80s first though

If you're comparing like for like (ie letters being dispatched), they will have done so. They certainly shouldn't wait for all the over 80s to be vaccinated before sending any further letters, that'd just be a huge and needless delay.

16 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Free broadband for those with kids who don't have any broadband during a pandemic and when kids are having to be schooled at home.

It's slightly different to I've-won-the-argument man's version.

And I've-won-the-argument man's version wasn't designed to provide broadband for those who didn't have it (although it would have done that too), but was instead designed to give better and FREE broadband to those who already had it and could afford it.

Meanwhile, back on planet earth, isn't it odd how you never hear how on-the-financial-margins the better off are during a pandemic, but that you always hear that very VERY loudly the moment any tax rise is suggested.

Edited by eFestivals

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thread here about people over 80 still not getting letters. Any news on your mum @steviewevie?

Totally get why they are moving down the age groups to keep things moving, but definitely seems a bit of a postcode lottery.

No, hoping she gets a call this week. In town where she lives they were supposed to have started last week but something got screwed up somewhere so got postponed to this week. As long as we all get there in the end, just have to be patient (but it is kind of frustrating).

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Thread here about people over 80 still not getting letters. Any news on your mum @steviewevie?

Totally get why they are moving down the age groups to keep things moving, but definitely seems a bit of a postcode lottery.

I guess if you have a GP surgery that has got through their entire over 80's it makes sense to start the invites to the next group otherwise you're just waiting? And Eastbourne in East sussex is know for it's elderly population so it's going to take longer?

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The issue seems to be that the vaccines have been sent out to areas in proportion to the overall population, not in proportion to over-80 population. So areas that have a lot of over 80’s are lagging behind. 

Just now, steviewevie said:

No, hoping she gets a call this week. In town where she lives they were supposed to have started last week but something got screwed up somewhere so got postponed to this week. As long as we all get there in the end, just have to be patient (but it is kind of frustrating).

Hope she hears something soon! Might be worth a chase if nothing this week.

Found out two of my aunties (both over 80) have had it the other day. First people I know of personally.

My mum is over 70 and my partner's dad is 75 so really hoping they'll get theirs soon.

1 minute ago, hillwalker said:

I guess if you have a GP surgery that has got through their entire over 80's it makes sense to start the invites to the next group otherwise you're just waiting? And Eastbourne in East sussex is know for it's elderly population so it's going to take longer?

Yeah definitely agree they should move on if all done. Just seems to be quite a lot of over 80s around the country who haven't even had a letter yet. 

1 minute ago, circus92 said:

Actually just found real time stats on http://www.howmanyvaccinated.com/

Anyone know if it is for real?  If so NI will soon be hitting 10% which is damn impressive!

image.png.58a0641fa010d8243504513566ae59b0.png

image.png.03ccc488ea278217d63aebff2596bdac.png

image.png.432b794b673a02aa7f5785e43c73d86f.png

image.png.57cbb39b32ce0649000c3ba9b480e6f2.png

It should be broadly there or thereabouts, but that site is taking the last official figure and then making assumptions / extrapolations on top of that to come up with a "current" figure and so can't be taken as 100% accurate.

9 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Actually just found real time stats on http://www.howmanyvaccinated.com/

Anyone know if it is for real?  If so NI will soon be hitting 10% which is damn impressive!

image.png.58a0641fa010d8243504513566ae59b0.png

image.png.03ccc488ea278217d63aebff2596bdac.png

image.png.432b794b673a02aa7f5785e43c73d86f.png

image.png.57cbb39b32ce0649000c3ba9b480e6f2.png

Pinch of salt required i'd say.

You could arguably come up with a running calculator according to the headline "140 people a minute being vaccinated" however that doesn't include any minor issues etc.

Just stick with the daily official figures is probably the answer.

Edited by JoeyT

7 minutes ago, incident said:

It should be broadly there or thereabouts, but that site is taking the last official figure and then making assumptions / extrapolations on top of that to come up with a "current" figure and so can't be taken as 100% accurate.

Thanks - thought that was what was happening.  So they are presuming everything keeps going at the same rate, and if somewhere has a low number day the figures will be way off.