When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Just shows how knee jerk some reactions can be. Immediately the 70% thing was piled on and repeated a million times.

Not to mention the chat about it being much worse in kids which wasn’t true. 

It was quite obviously spin to try to get greater compliance with the numbers growing the way that they were. 

just as we were told that masks were ineffective at the beginning to ensure that frontline workers could get them. 

The problem is that they don’t think of the long term consequences 

Just now, tarw said:

It was quite obviously spin to try to get greater compliance with the numbers growing the way that they were. 

just as we were told that masks were ineffective at the beginning to ensure that frontline workers could get them. 

The problem is that they don’t think of the long term consequences 

Or they were trying to cover their own incompetence? 😉 

Just now, Ozanne said:

Or they were trying to cover their own incompetence? 😉 

That as well!

But I’ve come to the sad conclusion that a sizeable proportion of the population will not see the inadequacies of the government whatever they do. 

So more to do with short term manipulation 

3 minutes ago, tarw said:

That as well!

But I’ve come to the sad conclusion that a sizeable proportion of the population will not see the inadequacies of the government whatever they do. 

So more to do with short term manipulation 

Their thought process still doesn't really make sense though if you go with the line of thinking that they know what they are doing. In that scenario where they are telling us about a more transmissible variant to bring up compliance they still enable people to mix households at Christmas thus boosting the transmissibility of that already stronger variant. Now either they have no idea what they are doing or made a huge mistake over Christmas and weren't strong enough to admit that.

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Their thought process still doesn't really make sense though if you go with the line of thinking that they know what they are doing. In that scenario where they are telling us about a more transmissible variant to bring up compliance they still enable people to mix households at Christmas thus boosting the transmissibility of that already stronger variant. Now either they have no idea what they are doing or made a huge mistake over Christmas and weren't strong enough to admit that.

The last thing that this government can be accused of is knowing what they are doing!!!!!

Except maybe Cummings who has tried to push herd immunity through duplicitous means

1 hour ago, fraybentos1 said:

Just shows how knee jerk some reactions can be. Immediately the 70% thing was piled on and repeated a million times.

Not to mention the chat about it being much worse in kids which wasn’t true. 

Tbh the original evidence was around 50/70%. New evidence is showing it to be much lower thankfully, but I dont think anyone was lying or making stuff up about it last month.

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Oh hell yeah

Fuck me though, their serious cases are higher now than at the start of the month judging by that. Does that jump in cases suggest the younger people decided to throw caution to the wind "once the vulnerable were vaccinated?". Is there one more chance for our government to fuck things up by dropping restrictions once the very old are vaccinated, before the middle aged (and younger) have also had their jabs?

Edited by stuartbert two hats
Added "serious"

44 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Fuck me though, their serious cases are higher now than at the start of the month judging by that. Does that jump in cases suggest the younger people decided to throw caution to the wind "once the vulnerable were vaccinated?". Is there one more chance for our government to fuck things up by dropping restrictions once the very old are vaccinated, before the middle aged (and younger) have also had their jabs?

This a certainty, IMO

44 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Of course there’s another chance our government will fuck it up, they nearly always do!

59 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Reading between the lines the government don't want to fuck this up again. I think we will see a much more cautious approach now tbh.

If the vaccines continue to go well, domestically we could see a return to 'normal' within the UK this year. However, I think travelling in and out of the UK is going to become difficult for some time to come. They won't risk the mutations running rampant again and while its about a year late, it does seem as though border restrictions are going to be here over summer.

Edited by MrBarry465

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

hopefully she'll get a call this week...she's just trying to do the right thing and be patient and wait to be called.

Yep ... still loads of early priority’s to go ... End of the week I might get a bit twitchy ... think I heard they were around 50% of over 80s so plenty to go yet