When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Loving the positivity (no pun intended) on here today.

Exercised for the 2nd day in a row this morning 2 weeks after testing positive for COVID so feeling great.

2 things of relevance which I learned on a zoom call last night:

1 friend who is a nurse has said that the majority of COVID patients at the RUH in Bath are around 30-40 years old.

1 friend who is a policeman in the centre of Bristol said that the local testing centre called 101 late one evening last week to say they had a number of vaccines left over and invited them to send some officers to have one. Great to see this and pours cold water on the whole doses being thrown away argument!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Exercised for the 2nd day in a row this morning 2 weeks after testing positive for COVID so feeling great.

1 friend who is a nurse has said that the majority of COVID patients at the RUH in Bath are around 30-40 years old.

1 friend who is a policeman in the centre of Bristol said that the local testing centre called 101 late one evening last week to say they had a number of vaccines left over and invited them to send some officers to have one. Great to see this and pours cold water on the whole doses being thrown away argument!

They’re definitely not throwing them away. The vaccination centre I’ve been working at makes sure every dose is used. At the end of the shift we were told to call any vulnerable people or health workers we knew to get them to come in. And they got staff in from the pharmacy next door to have theirs.

29 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

To add to your final paragraph, my friend’s sister works on the reception at a hospital in Norfolk and said that, last week, a number of elderly people booked in for their first vaccination cancelled because it was too cold out, so staff were offering them to anyone on site who would have them. They even went down to the Costa on site to offer the spare vaccines round to their staff, so, yeah, I think the idea that vaccinations are being binned en masse is a bit of a fallacy. 

Edited by Andre91

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I think the winter conditions are part of a reason why we won’t have 24/7 centres just yet. It could be dangerous people travelling at night in icy conditions on an already overstretched NHS. 

NHS England's CE has said 

• Hospitals will open for vaccinations 24 hours a day, seven days a week, on a trial basis in the next 10 days

Edited by oneeye

36 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Your first point backs up other things I’ve read online where the majority of patients in ICU with COVID are under 70 years old. 

Friend works for the NHS in Scotland (Dumfries) and she's said the exact same thing today. Their ICU now has 3 beds to a room and mainly people in their 40s 😔

14 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Standard operating procedure for the NHS when very busy. The oldies don't get the chance of ICU.

It also looks like some Drs are going to have to deceive who to treat on best chances of recovery too which is an awful choice to have to make.