When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Even if everyone is vaccinated in Uk by June or September it doesn’t mean to say other countries- particularly in poorer parts of the world or with less health infrastructure or less inclination for vaccines  (eg France) will have done so. It means continuing international restrictions for a while yet probably - this then has impact on potential artists getting to Glastonbury and traveling around Europe or across the world still restricted in some capacity. We are probably looking at mainly Uk based artists participating in any festivals or gigs for the foreseeable I think - at least this year and at much reduced capacity. 
Am hoping for my jab by March/ April but others in the group are likely to be later as younger. 

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

that the chances of it happening look good as far as the govt is concerned, to encourage Glastonbury to push on with planning.

When we do open up as about-normal the govt are going to be very keen for the world to see that we have done, and the best way of getting the world's attention will be with major events - such as Wimbledon, footie (Euros) ... and Glastonbury.

With all the other financial support being provided, I wouldn't be surprised if the Governemt offered to underwrite such big events, to encourage the organisers to push ahead now rather than delaying due to the potential additional losses if they starting icurring costs now on those projects. They will want there to be things for people to do and go to when restrictions are lifted, and it would be such a good advert for the UK to have big events back on as soon as possible 

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Nah they are going to lift restrictions before that once the vulnerable have had the vaccinations.

They’ll still be lesser restrictions in place of some form after Easter for a short while. They’ve even said they’ll take slow steps back.

4 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They’ll still be lesser restrictions in place of some form after Easter for a short while. They’ve even said they’ll take slow steps back.

This is pretty spot on. Anyone who expects to be in full lockdown in April and anyone who expects pre-pandemic normality in April are wrong’uns in equal measure. Expect to see some kind of halfway house which is more in line with Tier 1 restrictions continuing for a while. 

6 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

This is pretty spot on. Anyone who expects to be in full lockdown in April and anyone who expects pre-pandemic normality in April are wrong’uns in equal measure. Expect to see some kind of halfway house which is more in line with Tier 1 restrictions continuing for a while. 

I think most of us would settle for Tier 1 restrictions, a stepping stone to eventual normality. When the world does start to open up, it does need to be in a planned and controlled way; imagine the party we'll all have on day one of freedom, cannot wait 😎🍻

1 minute ago, oneeye said:

I think most of us would settle for Tier 1 restrictions, a stepping stone to eventual normality. When the world does start to open up, it does need to be in a planned and controlled way; imagine the party we'll all have on day one of freedom, cannot wait 😎🍻

I think we'll go from lockdown to tiers depending on state of things in different areas...can't see everywhere being in tier1 by the spring...but who knows...

I could see after the Spring easing very loose restrictions in the summer such as face masks indoors whilst they vaccinate the remaining people. Then next winter maybe it pushes up to some form of the rule of 6 (maybe 10) just in case but that’s about it. 

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I think we'll go from lockdown to tiers depending on state of things in different areas...can't see everywhere being in tier1 by the spring...but who knows...

I reckon they might keep Tiers 1-4 (and maybe a new Tier 0 in line with the summer 2020 restrictions) but apply them at national level rather than locally. Local tier systems don’t seem to work and compliance is a lot lower. 

National lockdown effectively just means Tier 4 restrictions are in place across England. They could easily just move the entire country into Tier 2 or 3 at the end of the lockdown and eventually into Tier 1 once they’re confident that household mixing is permissible. 

1 hour ago, sedra said:

We are probably looking at mainly Uk based artists participating in any festivals or gigs for the foreseeable I think - at least this year and at much reduced capacity. 
Am hoping for my jab by March/ April but others in the group are likely to be later as younger. 

If the U.K. is one of the only countries in Europe that is able to host events then I think we will have a surprisingly large amount of international acts.

The agents and promoters have deep pockets and the potential returns and promo could be enough incentive to work out the logistics of getting a private vaccine and/or quarantine period for their artists to do a 6 week spin round a load of u.k. events.

6 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Not if they have to do hotel quarantines on arrival!

They would most likely be added to the exemption list.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules/coronavirus-covid-19-travellers-exempt-from-uk-border-rules

*Edit*

Already on it 

Performing arts professionals

Edited by Paul ™

1 hour ago, sedra said:

Even if everyone is vaccinated in Uk by June or September it doesn’t mean to say other countries- particularly in poorer parts of the world or with less health infrastructure or less inclination for vaccines  (eg France) will have done so. It means continuing international restrictions for a while yet probably - this then has impact on potential artists getting to Glastonbury and traveling around Europe or across the world still restricted in some capacity. We are probably looking at mainly Uk based artists participating in any festivals or gigs for the foreseeable I think - at least this year and at much reduced capacity. 

I think this could be the case and I really don't have any issues with it, we have so many amazing acts both established and up and coming so festivals won't suddenly have a lack of variety to choose from, I'm happy to have a British lineup at any festival for a year to allow it to go ahead, if not international acts will end up just doing extended british/european tours I imagine 

22 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I could see after the Spring easing very loose restrictions in the summer such as face masks indoors whilst they vaccinate the remaining people. Then next winter maybe it pushes up to some form of the rule of 6 (maybe 10) just in case but that’s about it. 

I can see this year being the opposite of last year i.e really touch couple of months at first and then a really great year for the rest of it 😁 but I do think this spring wont be too dissimilar to last summer and then summer will be as close to normality as we'll get for a while 

11 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Not if they have to do hotel quarantines on arrival!

Even if they had to do that I don't see it as a huge barrier if there aren't load of other countries they can also go to. Ten days quarantine in return for a summer touring may well be worth it. 

The artist won't exactly be staying in a premier Inn either. Hotels will up their game and start doing quarantine suites or whatever. 

They would probably have to cut down on their entourage though. Make up artists number 4 might have to be replaced with someone local.

11 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

I think this could be the case and I really don't have any issues with it, we have so many amazing acts both established and up and coming so festivals won't suddenly have a lack of variety to choose from, I'm happy to have a British lineup at any festival for a year to allow it to go ahead, if not international acts will end up just doing extended british/european tours I imagine 

In the other "will Glastonbury happen" thread I added a pic of the 2019 lineup with only U.K/Irish acts.

I'd have still gone!

sketch-1610658548071.jpg

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Unless it changes doesn't tier 1 come with 4,000 capacity outdoor gigs (or half capacity if thats's lower, but in a larger space that's fine) - so while it might not be the full experience there will be live music of some kind this year

They might even change up the tier systems if they believe that strongly about wanting things to return to normality so I could see maybe 10,000 tops 

4 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

In the other "will Glastonbury happen" thread I added a pic of the 2019 lineup with only U.K/Irish acts.

I'd have still gone!

sketch-1610658548071.jpg

It's still an amazing lineup (also hate to be picky but Kylie lives in london so probably could have made it too 😜) - also think of all the other british festivals which have majority British lineups e.g. Truck/Kendal Calling etc. it's not as if they suffer because of not having international acts as well 

8 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I'd have still gone!

sketch-1610658548071.jpg

I posted something about all my headliners being British aside from the Killers, but I actually wanted to see the Chemical brothers anyway.

On that list I saw Stormzy, George Ezra, Liam Gallagher, TDCC, Bastille, The Streets, Loyle Carner, Friendly Fires, Pale waves.

I really really wanted to see Hot Chip, Michael Kiwanuka, Maribou state and The Cure but I believe clashes ruled them out. Would’ve seen Sam Fender if he wasn’t such a sick note.

Basically I would’ve had a great festival and been largely unaffected/unaware!

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton

44 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I suspect indoor masks will go much later - they'll focus on the easing the restrictions that hurt the economy first. Since mask wearing is free, don't expect that to disappear for a long time.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

I suspect indoor masks will go much later - they'll focus on the easing the restrictions that hurt the economy first. Since mask wearing is free, don't expect that to disappear for a long time.

Oh yeah I agree, I was trying to say that in the summer they’ll be some restrictions in place but it’ll be very small. I think masks indoors could go on as you say for a while.