When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

19 hours ago, duke88 said:

Had a wonderful evening volunteering at the local medical practice helping with the rollout.

Was really well organised, and was fantastic to see all the pensioners getting their jabs. Can finally see an end to this!!

This sounds great! I'm halfway through my application to volunteer (forms done, but DBS checks in progress and need to do phone interview and training still). Can I ask what kind of role you're doing? I've applied to help out but not actually do the vaccinations. Would be interested to know how long the shifts are and what kind of work you do. Looking forward to getting to do my bit!

18 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

This sounds great! I'm halfway through my application to volunteer (forms done, but DBS checks in progress and need to do phone interview and training still). Can I ask what kind of role you're doing? I've applied to help out but not actually do the vaccinations. Would be interested to know how long the shifts are and what kind of work you do. Looking forward to getting to do my bit!

I was rotating between ticking people off as they arrived on an iPad, and showing them to one of the five rooms doing the vaccinations. Also had to go and bring things like the timers people are given while they wait 15 minutes back to the rooms. Other people were taking temperatures as people arrived, supervising and cleaning the post-vaccination room and marshalling the car park.

The shifts were 8am to 2pm, and 2pm to 8pm, and we did about 550 people at the practice yesterday. It’s worth following the local medical centres on Facebook, as that’s where I saw about it. I have applied through the NHS volunteers thing as well, but, like you, haven’t heard about any roles yet.

It’s a really fulfilling thing to do, wonderful seeing everyone getting the jabs, there was a great atmosphere there. And, as a bonus, I managed to get my parents jabbed a bit earlier. At the end of the day they counted up how many doses they had left, so asked us if we knew anyone aged 60+, vulnerable or worked in healthcare and could get there soon. They want to make sure nothing gets wasted, so it’s better to get someone in than throw some away. Literally used every last dose they had. Can stop worrying so much about my mum working on her till so much now!

Edited by duke88
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, steviewevie said:

Ok...so we are agreed that govt are succeeding with vaccine rollout so far but utterly failed at dealing with the pandemic otherwise?

You’re going to break that nail if you keep hitting it so aggressively on its head

No mention of Bearded Theory festival announcement last night?? Announced Sept date and Placebo as a headliner.. 

I'm very conflicted as don't think it will be totally safe by then to have a normal festival (fella is like just no). So going to get a refund and see what the situation is in the summer and if feel confident I'll just buy tickets again

Too many variables at the moment and it's going to be hard to get used to going out normally again! I really miss gigs and festivals but I just can't feel confident about them as too many idiots about to contend with in these crowded environments 😞

37 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I have to say that's a LOT of vulnerable people sharing the same air - and they have to wait 15 minutes too? 

What's the alternative? It's also well ventilated and social distancing clearly being practiced. There isn't 5000 people in there at once and it is a huge, huge space. Also, it isn't vulnerable people it's health care staff.

Just now, shoptildrop said:

No mention of Bearded Theory festival announcement last night?? Announced Sept date and Placebo as a headliner.. 

I'm very conflicted as don't think it will be totally safe by then to have a normal festival (fella is like just no). So going to get a refund and see what the situation is in the summer and if feel confident I'll just buy tickets again

Too many variables at the moment and it's going to be hard to get used to going out normally again! I really miss gigs and festivals but I just can't feel confident about them as too many idiots about to contend with in these crowded environments 😞

I haven't got a ticket for Glastonbury anyway...but if any other festivals are on this summer like Bluedot or Greenman I think I will try and get tickets for those...big if I know....

Vaccination numbers going well took my mum for hers other night well organised and busy queue.  

Mass Centre coming on Monday near by St helens Rugby stadium. 

Wife works for NHS so had hers so all going in right direction. 

Long way to go but getting there 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

With the amount of centres still to come online and pharmacies etc just getting started, I'm starting to think 500kp/d is genuinely a real possibility in the very near future. 

Tbh, with the second doses needing done at some point we will need to be around that level to keep things working down the priority groups.