When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

15 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Am I being too pedantic to suggest that the most important figure here is the second dose? For instance, we could have given 20m people their first jab but until the second one is administered, the risks are still reasonably high, right?

I think evidence from Israel is showing that first doses cuts down transmissions/infections by quite a bit.

Looking at it in terms of hospitalisations/deaths myself. 

Drakerford said Wales was looking to reduces restrictions potentially end of Jan if numbers keep going down

28 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Vaccination update:

B754A48A-3BC1-4E46-8FDF-E8A233BD5BD9.jpeg

At that rate it gives you the 2 million a week target even basing it on six days. The interesting thing will be the numbers over the weekend to see if it is geared up even to the 7 part of the 24/7 promise. If they even achieve 300k+ over the two days at the weekend then it hopefully signals that 2m a week is realistic.

Edited by Cherry Tree

3 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Required vaccination rate (UK) is now 333,283 first doses per day to hit the 13.9 million first dose target by the end of February 15th.

Required vaccination rate... love it.

It’s like going in to bat 2nd at the cricket 😂

9 minutes ago, zahidf said:

So Working their way though the second dose appointments. Will be all first doses from this weekend it seems 

It looks like it, here's the change in doses since the 11th. @JoeyT It's not much so far but how's this?

If anyone thinks what I'm doing can be improved please let me know.

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 17.02.58.png

4 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Required vaccination rate... love it.

It’s like going in to bat 2nd at the cricket 😂

If current weather has an impact it might mean we might have to rely on Lewis Duckworth to calculate the run rate.

Too late

Edited by Cherry Tree
Fuzzy got there first

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

It looks like it, here's the change in doses since the 11th. @JoeyT It's not much so far but how's this?

If anyone thinks what I'm doing can be improved please let me know.

Screenshot 2021-01-15 at 17.02.58.png

Appreciate the work, thanks! Am I being stupid though, or will that graph be (hopefully) quite uneventful and just represent a pretty much flat line going forwards?

Just now, hodgey123 said:

Appreciate the work, thanks! Am I being stupid though, or will that graph be (hopefully) quite uneventful and just represent a pretty much flat line going forwards?

I imagine it'll go up and up day by day till we hit a limit and then it shouldn't vary too much from there. Where that limit will be? Who knows. Maybe 450-500k?

1 minute ago, hodgey123 said:

In theory yeah, I think it'll be interesting to see if they move apart due to an increase in 2nd doses being given. If it's too uneventful I could always add to it, any ideas welcome.

31 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Am I being too pedantic to suggest that the most important figure here is the second dose? For instance, we could have given 20m people their first jab but until the second one is administered, the risks are still reasonably high, right?

In the trials, 100% of serious illness was avoided from just one dose. Two doses is obv important for full effect and long term efficacy but one dose should have an impact on deaths and hospitalisations by late Jan and then more and more from there.

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

I think evidence from Israel is showing that first doses cuts down transmissions/infections by quite a bit.

And that's the thing that the public need to be mindful of. We're at the start of a (probable) year long journey and the early rollout would appear to be gathering momentum, which is fantastic. Even though a successful vaccination programme won't scrub the blood from this government's hands, at the moment, they seem to be hitting the marks. But, until a significantly large number of second doses have been administered, we're still vulnerable. Again, things are starting to move forwards and that's good news, even if the numbers of deaths are still utterly horrific

3 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

In the trials, 100% of serious illness was avoided from just one dose. Two doses is obv important for full effect and long term efficacy but one dose should have an impact on deaths and hospitalisations by late Jan and then more and more from there.

Ah, I didn't realise that. Well that's obviously great news. Thanks

3 minutes ago, xxialac said:

3.3m, 2.7m people have now been vaccinated in the UK received their first dose of the vaccine in the UK.

Words matter.

I very rarely disagree with you but there have been 3.23m first doses given out as of yesterdays figures.

Edited by Ozanne

5 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

When they test for infection can they determine from each test what the variant is, and if so do they? Or do they just take a sample for this?

I think I read that they test a random sample of the tests, which is normally about 10% of tests conducted that go through this process

• Like 1