When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Its all about mobility though .... more people out and about .... so where people might not catch anything just doing click and collect it means that they just might do something else like just nip in to greggs or get petrol  .... and people seeing more people out and about encourages others out .... so its not quite as simple as the one thing. On an empty street you become obvious if a lot of people are out and about you blend in .... 

Yeah spot on, you’ve laid it out perfectly.  Obviously working where you do you see the effect of looser restrictions and what the ripple effects of that is.

The activity itself might not raise the risk drastically but it means more people potentially out and about which then increases the risk of transmission. 

Edited by Ozanne

Just now, JoeyT said:

Are we honestly begrudging people getting a pastie or a cake now?

In regards to getting petrol this is a bit of a mute point because if you need petrol you need it, whether you get it on your way to work or collecting something from a click and collect you're still visiting the petrol station?

no im not begrudging them at all .... but we are also trying to deal with a pandemic ... and needing to cut interactions because thats how this thing spreads ... my car is sat on the road outside ... I dont need to fill it up because im not going anywhere .... 

Just popping in and out of places to grab food on the go is one of those things that has become the norm, but when you think about it is a luxury. And one of those things we have to at least limit, if not completely do without, for now.

14 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It's a strange one isn't it because I don't think in reality any of the measures scotland have recently introduced are really going to have much of an impact if any at all?

Literally see stopping click and collect for instance as the most pointless thing i've heard in this pandemic!

I don't know about that - I've seen posts on here mentioning that click+collect seems to be a driver of getting  people out and about.  Whilst they're out, they might pop in somewhere to get some food and generally engage in other activities that could expose them to infection.

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

Just popping in and out of places to grab food on the go is one of those things that has become the norm, but when you think about it is a luxury. And one of those things we have to at least limit, if not completely do without, for now.

It’s about lowering the risk and if those things you describe do that even a little bit then it’s worth it.

Although I would say that there are bigger areas that could be looked at, such as work places that still require employees to go into offices when they could very easily do their work at home. 

18 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

It's a strange one isn't it because I don't think in reality any of the measures scotland have recently introduced are really going to have much of an impact if any at all?

Literally see stopping click and collect for instance as the most pointless thing i've heard in this pandemic!

Banning all takeaways in England has been mooted (Telegraph). Can't see it happening, though, not least of all because it's one of the few things we have left!

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

It’s about lowering the risk and if those things you describe do that even a little bit then it’s worth it.

Although I would say that there are bigger areas that could be looked at, such as work places that still require employees to go into offices when they could very easily do their work at home. 

On the offices front what needs to be considered is there are staff within every company who cannot work from home for a variety of reasons ranging from space available, privacy (depending on work type) and mental health.

I'm not making an excuse for those companies who are forcing staff to come in however I know of many companies who have asked staff to work from home but with the safety net of the office is available if for any reason the member of staff feels they are unable to.

Just now, zahidf said:

so, 300k vaccinations yesterday in todays figures? hope so, would be a nice weekend boost

I think it will be unless the snow up North makes a significant dent in it ....  hopefully if they cant use it for a few days supply gets moved south and then moved back North when it becomes accessible again .... dont know quite how the supply chain works or if it can respond like that .... we need all the vaccine to be used and not chucked in the bin 

7 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Perhaps i'm in the minority here then 😂

Not entirely, I still pop into the garage in my village to grab some bits but only once a week. It's striking a balance innit.

Like a lot of this stuff it's getting used to not being able to do what we want whenever we want right now. Just a bit more thought about it instead of having everything at our fingertips.

Edited by Quark

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Am having to self-isolate, so can anyone please advise me about how click & collect works for Sainsburys &/or Tesco?

Can anyone collect the order just by quoting the order number? Or do they need some ID from the person who has made the order?

ive never been asked for id at the click and collect for food  ... ive only done it a couple of times and ive just been asked for my name ... thats Asda though .... but id presume the process is similar for others ..... I would forward the person collecting  the confirmation email with the reference number just in case 

Edited by crazyfool1

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Am having to self-isolate, so can anyone please advise me about how click & collect works for Sainsburys &/or Tesco?

Can anyone collect the order just by quoting the order number? Or do they need some ID from the person who has made the order?

You just need the name at our Tesco, but address details and order number are good to have just in case. We collect orders for my in laws and never been asked for more than a name.

They'll give you a slot, normally within an hour. Drive up, give em the name, wait for them to bring stuff out and sling it in the car.

First thing is getting a slot booked, which you can reserve with whatever items you want in your basket

Tesco give you until 23:45 the night before to amend your order, so you can do the list properly once you've got a slot reserved

Edited by Quark

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Unless the snow had a big impact then I think defo 300k! Assuming they are continuing to scale up as it seems they are!

@Ozanne where's your handy little graph where we can see the ramping up?

Just now, steviewevie said:

I do it quite a bit...just this morning popped in to tesco garage on way back from dog walk to buy milk/chocolate/beer *& hold a petrol pump*

😉

11 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

On the offices front what needs to be considered is there are staff within every company who cannot work from home for a variety of reasons ranging from space available, privacy (depending on work type) and mental health.

I'm not making an excuse for those companies who are forcing staff to come in however I know of many companies who have asked staff to work from home but with the safety net of the office is available if for any reason the member of staff feels they are unable to.

For sure there are exceptions like people that are vulnerable in their home!

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

You just need the name at our Tesco, but address details and order number are good to have just in case. We collect orders for my in laws and never been asked for more than a name.

They'll give you a slot, normally within an hour. Drive up, give em the name, wait for them to bring stuff out and sling it in the car.

First thing is getting a slot booked, which you can reserve with whatever items you want in your basket

Tesco give you until 23:45 the night before to amend your order, so you can do the list properly once you've got a slot reserved

thanks. 🙂