When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, ShakeyCrash said:

It’s remarkable. We have a tendency as human beings to adapt quickly to circumstances which is why we have moved on so quickly from this, but we have gone from maybe we’ll get a vaccine to we have 3.  If this also brings down infection levels then it is even more monumental.

I agree so much with this. Sat down with my 8 year old daughter to watch the Attenborough doc on Netflix. All i can say is with the prick out of the white house there’s hope; not exactly what i said to my daughter but not too far off

And it looks like we might have 5 or 6 in the next couple of months.

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

With every passing day I am more confident they will actually surpass that February target. 

It’s one helluva start to be sure. Bloody snow may slow things done which is a little ironic given the pfizer vaccine needs to be kept as such a low temperature. At this pace i think it’s over 1% of the population vaccinated every 3 days (would check but going to watch the first episode of Cobra Kai instead)

29 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

With every passing day I am more confident they will actually surpass that February target. 

All about supply levels now. If enough vaccine is available, they will easily surpass it.

Looks like we’re at around 280k a day now, with capacity able to still be ramped up far, far further.  

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Redwood was robbed. A much bigger prick than he is often given credit for.

Well, he seems a "proper" Tory.  Investment banker history - check.  Current financial services - check.  Hardcore Brexit - check.  Majority of life, political career - check.  It is no surprise to see that he's a Thatcherite, and grew up in a council house. 

His history reads like a game of political bingo on a drinking night, leading to a very hung over morning the next day!

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm particularly looking forward to Johnson announcing the approval of Johnson & Johnson's Janssen vaccine.

I'm not as concerned about them passing the target but I am still skeptical over how much of an impact the vaccine is going to have. I guess we will know in about 6 months.

I'm going in to work. As little as possible, I can work at home most of the time, but I'm going in. I'm officially listed as an "essential worker" on the Wales .gov website. It is busy out there. Those days of silence from Lockdown 1.0 are gone.

Busy. All the low paid workers are out there too. The Cleaners, the Security Guards, The Delivery Guys. And all the Health and Care Workers.

I fear this does not end well.

There was a Drum & Bass Festival in New Zealand last weekend.

11 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Is cancellation on the table or is it a straight choice between proceed as planned or move to one country? 

In this case, I suspect you can't rule out anything entirely.

But my guess would be that the sheer amount of money involved in TV / Sponsorship deals and the fact that they can't push it back any further without affecting the World Cup probably means that it'll take place in some form, even if in the worst case scenario it has to be held entirely behind closed doors in a bubble environment - similar to what Basketball and Hockey did last year in order to complete their seasons.

26 minutes ago, incident said:

In this case, I suspect you can't rule out anything entirely.

But my guess would be that the sheer amount of money involved in TV / Sponsorship deals and the fact that they can't push it back any further without affecting the World Cup probably means that it'll take place in some form, even if in the worst case scenario it has to be held entirely behind closed doors in a bubble environment - similar to what Basketball and Hockey did last year in order to complete their seasons.

It will happen this year I'm almost certain, last year there was too much unknown stuff around the virus to allow it to happen and obviously being held in multiple countries was an issue too, I seem to remember reading the FA had offered to host it if it needed to be solely in one country which I could see being the case,  whether it happens in front of fans or behind closed doors remains to be seen