When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

7 minutes ago, xxialac said:

Spot on. 

I said early it was human rights they were going after.

Looks like they'll start with eroding workers' rights and start to work on removing human rights later.

The UK has right royally fucked itself.

But you know, as long as we don’t get told what hoovers to buy.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
  • Upvote 1

The government approach to the wellbeing of the electorate just makes me think of a parent yelling at someone "Don't you tell me what's best for my kids!" before promptly taking said child home and knocking the shit out of them.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

But you know, as long as we don’t get told what hoovers to buy.

A friend mentioned to me the DAC6 regs that we have just watered down on Jan 1st.  I've not had time to read up on it other than a surface scan, but if someone like Deloitte is happy, that's not a good sign for the rest of us.

https://www2.deloitte.com/mt/en/pages/tax/topics/dac6.html

As you say, bendy bananas and all that.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

The government approach to the wellbeing of the electorate just makes me think of a parent yelling at someone "Don't you tell me what's best for my kids!" before promptly taking said child home and knocking the shit out of them.

Nice analogy.

And the people voting for them are in an abusive relationship. "You don't understand. Sure, he does have a temper on him and there was that incident with the bottle last week, oh, and the three times I ended in A&E but he has a good nature deep down and I just know I can change him."

7 minutes ago, EasyUserName said:

A friend mentioned to me the DAC6 regs that we have just watered down on Jan 1st.  I've not had time to read up on it other than a surface scan, but if someone like Deloitte is happy, that's not a good sign for the rest of us.

https://www2.deloitte.com/mt/en/pages/tax/topics/dac6.html

As you say, bendy bananas and all that.

Mustn't forget the issue that devastate so many ordinary Brits' livelihoods, thank God, dear Boris brought to our attention to save us all...namely, that kippers exported to the EU are obliged to be packed in ice*

(*which, er, turned out, um, to be a lie).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

That's cool, he's a reputable character...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/jan/14/revealed-business-secretary-kwasi-kwarteng-accepted-donations-fossil-fuel-investors

The UK’s new business secretary, Kwasi Kwarteng, accepted substantial donations from fossil fuel investors and advisers as part of his 2019 general election campaign, despite the government’s commitment to net zero greenhouse gas emissions.

18 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Vaccination updated figures:

Screenshot 2021-01-14 at 22.49.33.png

I know there’s a lot of bad news but let’s not gloss over this. We vaccinate at this level every day of the week and it’s 2 million jabs. Think of the lives saved because of the genius scientists, while never forgetting those who have sadly been lost.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ShakeyCrash said:

I know there’s a lot of bad news but let’s not gloss over this. We vaccinate at this level every day of the week and it’s 2 million jabs. Think of the lives saved because of the genius scientists, while never forgetting those who have sadly been lost.

It's quite impressive isn't it? I know we've been saying for a while that the AZ vaccine would be a game changer, but it's quite something to see the game being changed before our eyes.

2 minutes ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Indeed. It's staggering when you think how far it's come in 10 months, it goes to show what humans can do when pushed. Hopefully we can use this type of drive for other crises like climate change.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's quite impressive isn't it? I know we've been saying for a while that the AZ vaccine would be a game changer, but it's quite something to see the game being changed before our eyes.

It’s remarkable. We have a tendency as human beings to adapt quickly to circumstances which is why we have moved on so quickly from this, but we have gone from maybe we’ll get a vaccine to we have 3.  If this also brings down infection levels then it is even more monumental.

8 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Indeed. It's staggering when you think how far it's come in 10 months, it goes to show what humans can do when pushed. Hopefully we can use this type of drive for other crises like climate change.

I agree so much with this. Sat down with my 8 year old daughter to watch the Attenborough doc on Netflix. All i can say is with the prick out of the white house there’s hope; not exactly what i said to my daughter but not too far off