When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

My thoughts are with the folks in Brazil, if the new strain is as bad or worse than the strain we discovered here in the UK. They have already suffered terribly from the virus, little vaccinations so far as far as I can see, the new strain could hit them really hard. Hope it doesn't, fingers crossed for them, they have suffered more than most

56 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

To be honest, it sounds like you got the vaccine! (either that or you picked up an infection that cleared up pretty rapidly at exactly the same time you were given an injection that frequently causes a temp!...which again is possible, but unlikely).

I know, I've never been so happy to be a little bit ill!

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

To be honest, it sounds like you got the vaccine! (either that or you picked up an infection that cleared up pretty rapidly at exactly the same time you were given an injection that frequently causes a temp!...which again is possible, but unlikely).

I reckon I must have had the saline placebo in my vaccine trial. Literally no side effects at all after either jab.

5 minutes ago, duke88 said:

I reckon I must have had the saline placebo in my vaccine trial. Literally no side effects at all after either jab.

You never know, my flu shot this year did absolutely nothing. I didn’t even feel the needle! Not everyone has the same reaction.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Can we all agree no more restrictions are currently required in this case?

I will agree that no more restrictions are necessary to get R < 1 because it’s already there. There is an argument to restrict things further if they want to drive cases down more quickly, but I don’t think more restrictions are strictly necessary in this case. 

16 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

You never know, my flu shot this year did absolutely nothing. I didn’t even feel the needle! Not everyone has the same reaction.

Ah, ok! Still, it’s important some people have the placebo, so guess I’m playing my part if I’ve had one.

51 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Portugal also banned due to its links with Brazil 

They speak Portuguese, that's pretty much the only link to justify the flight ban from Portugal..

Never mind all the Spanish links to South American countries... or the fact you can go via another hub to the UK, or even via land/ferry from anywhere in the Schengen without knowing where people have been... bonkers! 

41 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

That's like the vote of confidence a football manager gets from the Chairman days before he gets the sack.

Yeah very carefully worded. I’m very clear he’s the right man for the job as long as he goes along with what we want