When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

11 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’m not really sure where that has come from. 

However the government originally said they would vaccinate 14m by mid-Feb and then changed to offering 14m vaccinations by mid-Feb. I’m just going by what they are saying. 

but theyve said theyll only count appointments before Mid Feb as it being 'offered' for the purposes of their targets. They are assuming that the vast majority of people will turn for their appointments booked in

anyway, they have the number of people vaccinated online, not numbers offered. the focus on 'vaccinations offered' seems pointless in this instance. 

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

but theyve said theyll only count appointments before Mid Feb as it being 'offered' for the purposes of their targets. They are assuming that the vast majority of people will turn for their appointments booked in

anyway, they have the number of people vaccinated online, not numbers offered. the focus on 'vaccinations offered' seems pointless in this instance. 

Yeah exactly, so what I’ve said is true.

It’s not pointless in my mind as it gives the perception that by changing the wording of the target the government is moving the goalposts and when you have an untrustworthy government in place as it is it’s easy to see why that perception would be in place.

• Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

They’ll achieve the target by saying they offered vaccinations to 14m people or have booked in 14m vaccination appointments I reckon. 

if they vaccinate all of the people who want to be vaccinated from the priority groups they plan to vaccine by mid February, then surely that classes as meeting their target?

12 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

However the government originally said they would vaccinate 14m by mid-Feb and then changed to offering 14m vaccinations by mid-Feb. I’m just going by what they are saying. 

Your as entrenched in your views as they are. 

You talk about government apologists and giving people passes. Your not reading the discussion and the rational around the points. Its not your view and your default position is its wrong. 

Whatever target they picked your would have picked holes in it because it doesn't fit your view of the world l, which I don't disagree with.

The government are a mess (and stand for things I don't and would never vote for) but that doesn't mean everything is their fault there are so many things they are not in control of (like people saying no I don't want the jab, or supply chains). 

That not being an apologist it's being aware that governments are at the end of the day just people and people make poor decisions be that driven by their view of the world or what they believe to be a good decision turns out to be a bad one.

• Upvote 8

I personally think if they didn't strongly believe they were going to hit or even outperform their target they probably would have come up with some excuse NOT to publish the daily vaccination numbers.

Although they would be lauded for transparency it really is stupid to be so transparent if you know you're going to fail... 

40 minutes ago, xxialac said:

I have no idea what makes people think we can realistically go from 2.6m people to 14m people in the space of exactly one month.

They'll do what they always do: 

• "Mid February" will turn into the last few days of February
  • Someone else will be blamed (we weren't given enough supplies by the pharma)
  • They'll spin vaccines offered as vaccines delivered - so easy to 'offer' a vaccine. Probably they'll also count the second doses too. 

It's 12.5 million is it not? with 2.5 ish already done leaves 10 million to do in the next 35 days of reporting. 300k a day hits that target and yesterday we did 207k first jags which was over 60k more than the day before. 

I don't see why we can't hit 300+k a day injections and hit that target.

I don't think things will be back to normal by June and I fear it may be my fault...

Was supposed to see Green Day in 2017 (was cancelled on the day)

Was supposed to see Green Day in 2020 (cancelled due to Covid)

Now supposed to see them in June 2021...

Someone up there does not want me to see Green Day and I fear Covid may be extended just to make sure it doesn't happen.

19 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

People are saying they've changed the vaccine target to only "offered" but in the speech to the Nation on Jan 4th BoJo explicitly said

"we expect to have offered the first vaccine dose to everyone in the four top priority groups" 

Genuine question- is there an earlier source where they said they'd all be vaccinated by mid Feb?

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

People are saying they've changed the vaccine target to only "offered" but in the speech to the Nation on Jan 4th BoJo explicitly said

"we expect to have offered the first vaccine dose to everyone in the four top priority groups" 

Genuine question- is there an earlier source where they said they'd all be vaccinated by mid Feb?

It's impossible to vaccinate every single one though cause some will refuse. Although I would guess take up of 90%+ in these groups.

I get why people are sceptical of this Gov and its numerous lies and overpromises. But the daily stats are available for all to see. The process is going well and seems to be continually ramping up. Yet to hear a reason we can't hit 300k a day imminently. 

1 minute ago, Leyrulion said:

Most importantly of all the difference it will make to the overall objective is so insignificant it doesn't really matter. At the moment there is no sign that if all these 13 million people wanted a jab they would be waiting till summer to get them. 

does anyone know the difference between an offer letter and how quickly people get the jabs ? id imagine it is only 2 weeks tops .... in that scenario ... I think they will have done a good job to have offered it ..... If people received offers and the jabs were in 6 months time ... they wouldn't !!

10 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Your as entrenched in your views as they are. 

You talk about government apologists and giving people passes. Your not reading the discussion and the rational around the points. Its not your view and your default position is its wrong. 

Whatever target they picked your would have picked holes in it because it doesn't fit your view of the world l, which I don't disagree with.

The government are a mess (and stand for things I don't and would never vote for) but that doesn't mean everything is their fault there are so many things they are not in control of (like people saying no I don't want the jab, or supply chains). 

That not being an apologist it's being aware that governments are at the end of the day just people and people make poor decisions be that driven by their view of the world or what they believe to be a good decision turns out to be a bad one.

I’d like to point out that I haven’t actually picked holes in the target just the changing wording of the target. For what it’s worth I think they’ll probably hit or get very close to the 14m people vaccinated by mid-Feb. You’re missing where I said on the last page that they’ve done well with the vaccination program so far and should be credited for that. I’ve actually been quite positive about the vaccination program so far 😃

I don’t have issues with the target they’ve chosen at all, my issue is with the changing wording of that target which to me (and I’m sure some others) gives off the perception of moving the goalposts. 

Edited by Ozanne
  • Downvote 1

I think the change to use the term ‘offered’ is purely to appease the mandatory vaccine fears and set expectations. By Feb they will have ‘offered’ everyone a vaccine, but not everyone would have had it for various reasons - so they technically haven’t vaccinated ‘everyone’ in the vulnerable groups because some people will decline, they would have been ‘offered’ though. 

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

does anyone know the difference between an offer letter and how quickly people get the jabs ? id imagine it is only 2 weeks tops .... in that scenario ... I think they will have done a good job to have offered it ..... If people received offers and the jabs were in 6 months time ... they wouldn't !!

I think it can vary. My friend is a student doctor and he booked in last night and his is on Monday.

I think the way the numbers are going- if the supply holds up they will be very near to hitting the target/ meet it.

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

only appointments before the middle of Feb will count towards the target theyve said

Just now, fraybentos1 said:

It's impossible to vaccinate every single one though cause some will refuse. Although I would guess take up of 90%+ in these groups.

I get why people are sceptical of this Gov and its numerous lies and overpromises. But the daily stats are available for all to see. The process is going well and seems to be continually ramping up. Yet to hear a reason we can't hit 300k a day imminently. 

Equally if we want to get really fussy about it, we don't know how many of the injections given fall outside the priority groups - plenty of stories on here of people outside the group's getting jabs. Makes such little difference in bigger picture though 

2 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I’d like to point out that I haven’t actually picked holes in the target just the changing wording of the target. For what it’s worth I think they’ll probably hit or get very close to the 14m people vaccinated by mid-Feb. You’re missing where I said on the last page that they’ve done well with the vaccination program so far and should be credited for that.

I don’t have issues with the target they’ve chosen at all, my issue is with the changing wording of that target which to me (and I’m sure some others) gives off the perception of moving the goalposts. 

COuld it be youve overthought it and picked up on a minor change in language which is insignificant in practical terms?

Just now, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Equally if we want to get really fussy about it, we don't know how many of the injections given fall outside the priority groups - plenty of stories on here of people outside the group's getting jabs. Makes such little difference in bigger picture though 

Yeah, sounds like areas in Southampton and London are moving down the vaccination groups and started on the 75+

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

vaccine supplies.

It looks like the infrastructure is in place to vaccinate enough people to hit the target, but that vaccine supplies might not be enough.

Yeah for sure. Basing this on the AstraZeneca people saying they can supply 2 mil a week. Plus Pfizer too will add a chunk. Then I imagine there is still some cutting about the UK that are yet to be used.