When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

52 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Is that even allowed? 

Well i work for a large retailer so i would assume they would have checked the legal side... they did this in lockdown 1 but with the exec level folk

I'm not even management and whilst I'm sure some folk might think my salary is decent it's really not that high tbh

It just sucks tbh 😞

1 minute ago, shoptildrop said:

Well i work for a large retailer so i would assume they would have checked the legal side... they did this in lockdown 1 but with the exec level folk

I'm not even management and whilst I'm sure some folk might think my salary is decent it's really not that high tbh

It just sucks tbh 😞

The 80% thing just makes it sound like they are making you work while still on furlough 

12 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

It just sucks tbh 😞

I would definitely contact ACAS or Citizens Advice to check if it's allowed under your contract

1 minute ago, Chawk said:

I would definitely contact ACAS or Citizens Advice to check if it's allowed under your contract

Thing is I need to keep the job as can't lose it in this climate.. So not even rock that boat tbh

It's still shit though 😞

34 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Is there a bit of lack of understanding of this from him? I get what he's saying for the medium term (10 days or so onwards) but if they're going to run out of beds in London in a few days surely that's happening whatever regardless of case numbers? 

That's what I thought. The hospitalisations are basically baked in already from cases a couple of weeks ago.

24 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Thing is I need to keep the job as can't lose it in this climate.. So not even rock that boat tbh

It's still shit though 😞

My whole company had to take a pay cut at the start of all this. Shit as it is, they can do it.

SO MUCH TAKING BACK CONTROL AT THE BORDERS

'The check is very, very basic'. 

Speaking to the Commons Home Affairs Committee on Wednesday, Lucy Moreton who represents border staff said: 'We don't check every arriving passenger. We aim, where there is a high level of compliance with that carrier, to check about 10% of arrivals.'

Asked how effective the checks are, she replied: 'They are very limited, unfortunately. Individuals can put whatever it is that they want into the passenger locator form, we don't query that. They then get on to mass transport in order to enter into the UK. They can move around with very little enforcement.'

21 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

seeing a lot more covid hospital wards on the media these days...must be on purpose to encourage people to follow the rules.

Or maybe it's really shit in the wards.  My sister in law works 12 hour shifts and hasn't been able to take any holidays, and now us being told she can't carry over holiday entitlement to next year.  Her children send her video messages when she's on shift to keep her going.. 

1 minute ago, Lizzim said:

Or maybe it's really shit in the wards.  My sister in law works 12 hour shifts and hasn't been able to take any holidays, and now us being told she can't carry over holiday entitlement to next year.  Her children send her video messages when she's on shift to keep her going.. 

yeah, but for a while we weren't seeing anything even when really bad, now it's on tv news nearly every night. 

If this was proven and accepted by the government's scientific team surely mass antibody testing then bumping those who have had it further down the queue to get through those who haven't might be an option to speed things up? Even if they fade, they'll get it eventually they just don't need it now (and may argue they don't need it at all if they find the antibodies remain)

It's a creative way to speed up things anyway

5 minutes ago, Lizzim said:

now us being told she can't carry over holiday entitlement to next year. 

If she can't take any leave due as they are refusing to allow her holidays, there is now legislation enshrined in the Coronovirus Act do that they have to allow her to carry it forward, up to 4 weeks I believe.

Carrying leave forwards: how new legislation has changed the rules

The government has passed new emergency legislation to ensure businesses have the flexibility they need to respond to the coronavirus pandemic and to protect workers from losing their statutory holiday entitlement (The Working Time (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020, laid before Parliament on 27 March 2020). These regulations enable workers to carry holiday forward where the impact of coronavirus means that it has not been reasonably practicable to take it in the leave year to which it relates.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/holiday-entitlement-and-pay-during-coronavirus-covid-19

9 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

So as of yesterday FINALLY the 72 hour rule started to apply meaning you had to obtain a covid test to land in the UK from Friday.

The wording since last week states:

"The government will set out the standards that these tests will need to meet and what proof passengers will need to present."

And of course, they haven't actually got round to setting out what these standards are...so passengers have to guess what is an acceptable test.

Omnishambles.

Edited by xxialac

9 minutes ago, Paul ™ said:

If she can't take any leave due as they are refusing to allow her holidays, there is now legislation enshrined in the Coronovirus Act do that they have to allow her to carry it forward, up to 4 weeks I believe.

Carrying leave forwards: how new legislation has changed the rules

The government has passed new emergency legislation to ensure businesses have the flexibility they need to respond to the coronavirus pandemic and to protect workers from losing their statutory holiday entitlement (The Working Time (Coronavirus) (Amendment) Regulations 2020, laid before Parliament on 27 March 2020). These regulations enable workers to carry holiday forward where the impact of coronavirus means that it has not been reasonably practicable to take it in the leave year to which it relates.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/holiday-entitlement-and-pay-during-coronavirus-covid-19

Thanks, I'll pass this on

This gives a very detailed rundown of where we're at with orders.

https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/news/coronavirus-and-your-health/coronavirus-vaccine-trials#janssen

Apparently we have 30m ordered of J&J. I'm sure we'll fine out in the coming weeks how far along they are with the manufacturing and how soon we can start getting doses. Hopefully another 1m a week - that would be a shot in the arm* to our existing programme. Would probably make all these large centres running 24/7 make sense if we had a third supplier giving us substantial amounts. And it's very similar to AZ in terms of storage and handling. The question is when?

Given all the other vaccines coming through, it wouldn't surprise me if we hit 3m a week later in spring.

* Sorry, not sorry about that pun.