When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

It’s going to be so interesting seeing the daily stats on this.

I’m quite surprised the government agreed to it. It makes me think they are obviously pretty confident of hitting their target / exceeding it...

Also excited to see today's figures for what is really the first official daily total. Hoping for at least 250k!

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Also excited to see today's figures for what is really the first official daily total. Hoping for at least 250k!

im thinking it might be slightly less than 200k ... still some ramping up and streamlining to be done to make things efficient also some postal issues for vaccine letters ...... fingers crossed for higher though 🙂 

9 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

im thinking it might be slightly less than 200k ... still some ramping up and streamlining to be done to make things efficient also some postal issues for vaccine letters ...... fingers crossed for higher though 🙂 

I think they have said they are already surpassing 200k a day but I could be wrong. Plus the mass vaccination sites have only just got going and more to open! I really think in a couple months we could hit 400k plus per day when more sites open, teething probs get sorted and more vaccines get approved which is supposedly near.

24 minutes ago, Chawk said:

My mam just had her vaccine, pfitzer as well. 

Mine is booked in for tomorrow - she works in a health centre.

In my house, that will be my sister (nurse) and my mum who have both been vaccinated then by tomorrow. My dad (extremely clinically vulnerable) will hopefully get vaccinated within the next few weeks too.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but we normally just have briefings on Monday and Thursday now, don't we? So does this mean they're going back to daily?

Also as it's Patel do you think they're going to be talking about enforcement and fines etc. Seems to be a lot of that in the news today with Cressida Dick weighing in.

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

So correct me if I'm wrong, but we normally just have briefings on Monday and Thursday now, don't we? So does this mean they're going back to daily?

Also as it's Patel do you think they're going to be talking about enforcement and fines etc. Seems to be a lot of that in the news today with Cressida Dick weighing in.

id agree on all points .... 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

I think they have said they are already surpassing 200k a day but I could be wrong. Plus the mass vaccination sites have only just got going and more to open! I really think in a couple months we could hit 400k plus per day when more sites open, teething probs get sorted and more vaccines get approved which is supposedly near.

What time do we think the data on vaccines will be released each day?

It would be nice if at the same time as the other data at 4pm but I won’t hold my breath.

I won’t be surprised if we get lots of “today’s data is unavailable” (call me cynical!)

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

It would be nice if at the same time as the other data at 4pm but I won’t hold my breath.

I won’t be surprised if we get lots of “today’s data is unavailable” (call me cynical!)

Yesterday was just after the case number figures and deaths etc so I would guess they plan to do it all at the same time. Nice to have some good numbers to see for a change anyway!

I think knowing the government we have, if they are good numbers they will want to shout about them as loud as they can.

3 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Maybe as we're at a crucial moment in the pandemic they're going to be a bit more often...plus as you say there's been a lot of stuff about enforcement etc so probably all about that, and maybe testing at the borders.

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

They said last week that they would be more transparent with us so I assume we are back to daily briefings.

By transparent they mean dodge questions of course.

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I imagine the vaccine data will drop with the rest of the daily data. 

2 hours ago, DeanoL said:

There's no way they will make mask wearing mandatory outside of the crisis. If we're *lucky* it'll normalise mask wearing when people are ill. But if you buy into the conspiracy stuff and the government wanting to use this control us, it's worth being aware how much of a number mask wearing has done on our ridiculously comprehensive CCTV surveillance state architecture... government will want us with masks off as soon as possible. The face recognition stuff doesn't work with them.

That's what i thought, but they do!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-55573802

I've actually spotted a couple of people I casually know while out shopping both were wearing masks but were easily identifiable, you clearly don't need to see the mouth to recognise people.