When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 hours ago, Ozanne said:

That must be so demoralising, I can’t imagine how frustrating that must be. 

Yea it's a bloody nightmare old son but what can you do... We're just hoping that these vacancies can get to the most important people.. 

55 minutes ago, 2020 Vision said:

For some reason people think wearing gloves magically makes their hands safe.

This is exactly why wearing gloves for food prep is now frowned upon.....as you are far more likely to wash your bare hands between dairy/meat contact etc than you are with gloves on.

Just now, parsonjack said:

This is exactly why wearing gloves for food prep is now frowned upon.....as you are far more likely to wash your bare hands between dairy/meat contact etc than you are with gloves on.

Absolutely what I’ve been trained to do ... it was amazing the number of complaints I had to deal with because colleagues weren’t wearing gloves ... when making pizzas particularly 

20 hours ago, EasyUserName said:

Out of curiosity, which interventions do you feel they will keep?  It seems to me that the government has enough trouble trying to get us all to do the minimum ("wear a mask in the shop" being a prime example of "a bridge too far" for many people!)

20 hours ago, DeanoL said:

Masks in crowded spaces if you're ill. Not touching strangers.

20 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Masks is the one I’m particularly worried about. I’m perfectly happy to wear one given that there’s a pandemic with asymptomatic transmission going on just now. But I have no intention of routinely wearing them in the long run. 

This is such an interesting one.  I have done no research into this, but I was under the impression that if you were ill (flu, cold etc), wearing a mask reduced transmissions rates.  I thought that was the logic behind some of the mask usage in other countries before Covid was a "thing". 

I can see the argument for being against wearing a mask generally, but for not wearing one if you are ill?  That could be one of the more useful changes to society to come out of this in the long term if there was any basis to it reducing general illness. 

1 minute ago, EasyUserName said:

This is such an interesting one.  I have done no research into this, but I was under the impression that if you were ill (flu, cold etc), wearing a mask reduced transmissions rates.  I thought that was the logic behind some of the mask usage in other countries before Covid was a "thing". 

I can see the argument for being against wearing a mask generally, but for not wearing one if you are ill?  That could be one of the more useful changes to society to come out of this in the long term if there was any basis to it reducing general illness. 

There’s a big difference between a societal norm of choosing to wear a mask if you’re ill as a courtesy to others, and a law mandating that nearly everyone has to cover their face in most indoor public environments.

It’s the latter that, in my opinion, should be in force strictly during times of public health crisis. 

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

There’s a big difference between a societal norm of choosing to wear a mask if you’re ill as a courtesy to others, and a law mandating that nearly everyone has to cover their face in most indoor public environments.

It’s the latter that, in my opinion, should be in force strictly during times of public health crisis. 

There's no way they will make mask wearing mandatory outside of the crisis. If we're *lucky* it'll normalise mask wearing when people are ill. But if you buy into the conspiracy stuff and the government wanting to use this control us, it's worth being aware how much of a number mask wearing has done on our ridiculously comprehensive CCTV surveillance state architecture... government will want us with masks off as soon as possible. The face recognition stuff doesn't work with them.

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Yes, but I was asking in response to your statement ...

21 hours ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

.... And that’s where I worry that certain interventions are here to stay.

For clarity, I was curious as to what interventions you felt could be here to stay. 

You responded that mask wearing was something you would not accept. 

If this was your concern about the current rules, that this could remain in place, then personally I don't believe it will remain and would agree that it would be inappropriate.  I did comment about the heath angle, as I thought it was an interesting point DeanoL touched upon - the wearing of masks in other countries for (what I understood to be in part) heath reasons.

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

There's no way they will make mask wearing mandatory outside of the crisis. If we're *lucky* it'll normalise mask wearing when people are ill. But if you buy into the conspiracy stuff and the government wanting to use this control us, it's worth being aware how much of a number mask wearing has done on our ridiculously comprehensive CCTV surveillance state architecture... government will want us with masks off as soon as possible. The face recognition stuff doesn't work with them.

Personally I don’t like masks. Looking at a train carriage or store full of people wearing masks almost dehumanises them, I like looking at smiling faces of families enjoying a day out etc. 

That’s not to say I’m an “anti-masker”. I think they’re a good and helpful tool for us navigating the pandemic and they absolutely should be used and mandated in indoor public environments. I guess that makes them a necessary evil. But still an evil.

I’m not one of those people who advocates mask mandates continuing permanently in shops and transport.

24 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

FYI guys it appears the gov.uk dashboard was updated with daily vaccination figures later on yesterday.

Jan 11th:

2,286,572 (first dose)

388,641 (2nd dose)

It’s going to be so interesting seeing the daily stats on this.

I’m quite surprised the government agreed to it. It makes me think they are obviously pretty confident of hitting their target / exceeding it...

37 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Personally I don’t like masks. Looking at a train carriage or store full of people wearing masks almost dehumanises them, I like looking at smiling faces of families enjoying a day out etc. 

I might keep wearing one to cover up my resting bitch face then 🤣