When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

People at work often use plastic gloves .... aren’t they supposed to be used in clinical settings when people move between patients and are pretty ineffective elsewhere .... washing hands and sanitising is far better ... just don’t put your hands near your nose /mouth in the meantime ... 

20 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Some people can be right jerks. 

Mrs P works part-time in a small boutique in Frome.  Before lockdown forced them to close a guy came in the shop and started to ridicule the precautions they have in place which include sanitiser at the door, signs and verbal requests to wear a mask and a screen at the counter.  He took particular aim at the screen telling her that it was pointless and that if he wanted to infect her he could spit at her from yards away.

She only told me this a couple of days later as it was bothering her and she'd only not mentioned it as she knew I'd go nuts.  Since then we've realised it should have been reported to the police as it's essentially threatening behaviour.

Bellend.

1 hour ago, Homer said:

I read an article a while back saying that most anti-maskers also have some sort of anti-social behaviour disorder. This awful account would tend to back that up! My brother in Hove told me the staff in his local supermarket don't wear masks. When his colleague asked them why not, they were told that people come in and rip them off their faces.

I would say that was assault. These supermarkets must have security guards (or at least cameras). These people should be treated the same as shoplifters and arrested and charged.

5 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Mrs P works part-time in a small boutique in Frome.  Before lockdown forced them to close a guy came in the shop and started to ridicule the precautions they have in place which include sanitiser at the door, signs and verbal requests to wear a mask and a screen at the counter.  He took particular aim at the screen telling her that it was pointless and that if he wanted to infect her he could spit at her from yards away.

She only told me this a couple of days later as it was bothering her and she'd only not mentioned it as she knew I'd go nuts.  Since then we've realised it should have been reported to the police as it's essentially threatening behaviour.

Bellend.

I’m sorry to hear that, no one should have to deal with that crap. If it happens again it should be reported for her protection in the future too!

Woohoo! OX/AZ CMA application gone in to the EMA today! Finally! Hopefully will be approved before the end of the month which is 1-2 months earlier than originally stated. Accelerates our vaccine roll out big time if all is ok, so hopefully we’ll be able to get to where you guys are. 

• Upvote 6

59 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I’m not sure about the Boris story, I mean 7 miles is fuck all on a bike. I don’t own a bike, but loads of my mates bought them and bike shops were one of the only shops open during the first lockdown, it was actively encouraged to buy one for obvious reasons, it’s good exercise, it keeps people busy and away from others etc, Yet all those people who bought bikes are just supposed to just ride round and round in circles? Some of my mates do 50/60 mile routes a day and obviously don’t go anywhere near another person.

Downing Street have refused to confirm or deny that he drove to the Olympic park to then cycle.

Which means he obviously did, right?

Just now, Punksnotdead said:

Downing Street have refused to confirm or deny that he drove to the Olympic park to then cycle.

Yep 👍 Cressida dick asking for clarification of the rules from Downing Street .... going to be interesting to see how this progresses 

7 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Generally speaking if they have to clarify the rules over something a Minister has done it means they have in some form broken them.  

So all the prosecutions/ fines for similar issued previously become automatically appealable 

Edited by crazyfool1

19 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

The news report showed footage of him cycling back into DS. Could have been library footage I suppose! 

4 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

I don't think it will be suddenly everything reopens, but a gradual process from March onwards....

I can see this year being the opposite of last year, so a really shit first few months and then the rest of the year gets gradually better as it goes along 

35 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

Woohoo! OX/AZ CMA application gone in to the EMA today! Finally! Hopefully will be approved before the end of the month which is 1-2 months earlier than originally stated. Accelerates our vaccine roll out big time if all is ok, so hopefully we’ll be able to get to where you guys are. 

Great news! Apologies if I have missed it but what is the reason for it only going in now rather than earlier like the UK? 

9 minutes ago, stuie said:

The news report showed footage of him cycling back into DS. Could have been library footage I suppose! 

Hmmm.... seems an easy thing for No.10 to say he cycled there and back, then it's a non-story!

If he's genuinely cycling 14 miles a day, then fair play to him.

But.......just look at him!!!!!

Just now, Chef said:

Great news! Apologies if I have missed it but what is the reason for it only going in now rather than earlier like the UK? 

The EMA approval is a bit deeper than an EUA, so they require more data. OX/AZ have been submitting data n a rolling basis, but had to wait till they had everything they needed before making their CMA application. Basically it's a full approval for a year, which can be extended and then when they submit the final data at the end of their trial, it gets converted to a 5 year approval (which is the normal length). But it's pencilled in for a ruling on the 29th, so could be shipped for use before the end of the month. all the vaccine roll out plans I saw here had end of Feb as the earliest we would get this, so it moves the mass vaccination hubs forward at least a month here, which is good news for everyone!

• Upvote 1

Just now, Punksnotdead said:

Hmmm.... seems an easy thing for No.10 to say he cycled there and back, then it's a non-story!

If he's genuinely cycling 14 miles a day, then fair play to him.

But.......just look at him!!!!!

It’s also feasible to say that he was driven to a secure location for exercise. 

After all you wouldn’t want the PM to be flattened by a Routemaster. 

Did you see who actually designed the cycle routes in London. 

13 minutes ago, stephos83 said:

Just seen this article, looks interesting/promising especially with a Glasto slant

https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/news/latest/2021/01/new-covid-19-test-gives-positive-result-in-just-a-few-minutes.aspx

Any thoughts @Toilet Duck?

Looks interesting. There's a few similar out there. Still a bit form being used, but better and better tests will make life easier for all of us! We are in the middle of a real world evaluation of a bunch of them from different suppliers. So far both the Abbot and Roche ones look good, but we'll see at the end of the study. They are 15 minute ones so can be used pretty much anywhere. 

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

It’s also feasible to say that he was driven to a secure location for exercise. 

After all you wouldn’t want the PM to be flattened by a Routemaster. 

Did you see who actually designed the cycle routes in London. 

It must’ve been a complete oaf...

Just woken up in the middle of the tory corruption scandal. Made the mistake of tagging that caterer involved in the school food boxes scandal on the last front cover of a mag I edit and now loads of people seem to think we are in some way affiliated. The Twitter notifications are going ruddy crackers.

When the Twitter mob comes for me, please tell me that I was a lefty all along (though I was, to be fair, ambivalent about Corbyn)

Cover.PNG