When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Mass vac centre in Newcastle  opened today. Apparently when up to speed will aim for up to 1000 doses delivered per day.

The large GP hub at the Racecourse has managed 800 over two days.

The good news however, is that 50 more mass vaccination centres are planned. That appears to be new and it appears they have finally realised that the original plans would fall short.

https://www.euroweeklynews.com/2021/01/10/boris-johnson-plans-to-open-50-mass-vaccination-centres-within-weeks/

One thing that seems to be slipping under the radar is the excellent take up and demand for the vaccine - even at this early stage.

Appreciate they’re offering these to the most vulnerable so we could have expected higher take up numbers, but I did expect many would be put off by the speed it was created etc and worry about potential effects, but it appears and looks like demand is very high and they can’t get them into peoples arms fast enough! 
My brother (mid 20s but frontline NHS) was adamant he wasn’t going to get it, but has since changed his mind and is booked in tomorrow. He said a lot of his team have also had the same change of opinion. 

3 minutes ago, st dan said:

One thing that seems to be slipping under the radar is the excellent take up and demand for the vaccine - even at this early stage.

Appreciate they’re offering these to the most vulnerable so we could have expected higher take up numbers, but I did expect many would be put off by the speed it was created etc and worry about potential effects, but it appears and looks like demand is very high and they can’t get them into peoples arms fast enough! 
My brother (mid 20s but frontline NHS) was adamant he wasn’t going to get it, but has since changed his mind and is booked in tomorrow. He said a lot of his team have also had the same change of opinion. 

Maybe this new variant and the rapid rise in cases/hospitalisations concentrated minds a bit.

56 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Labour MP weighing in now.

I’d say there was a difference between driving five miles to go for a walk, and your exercise starting from home and you ending up five miles away as part of it.

I’m certainly more than five miles from home at some points when I go for a bike ride or run, but I do start from home.

58 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Labour MP weighing in now.

I already know in wasting my time but do you not in anyway way see that riding your bike 7 miles is different to driving to a lake, via Starbucks to go for a walk with your friend? 

Neither should be a topic of conversation but we are where we are. 

I'm going to try and get my intermittent blue screen of death problem on the 10 o clock news it's a right ballache. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, st dan said:

This is great news. Some suggested that people might feel more inclined to take it up when they see others doing it so hopefully that's having an effect.

15 minutes ago, st dan said:

Good to hear my wife who works in NHS had hers last week and my brother also NHS is booked on for his . More and more people I know are keen to get theirs done hearing very little resistance from colleagues etc about take up 

12 minutes ago, FestivalJamie said:

Vaccine update. I actually think we could meet our feb target. Doesn’t make up for all the pain and suffering this government has caused though. Nothing ever will. Sure the vaccines will help save lives but we can’t bring back the ones already lost 😞

07D86710-2BDC-416D-867F-DB13360C415A.thumb.png.314cb5ed4a081cb884c06f4c163b7328.png

You been reading the UK Government Book of U-Turns?