When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

11 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

If it was just our government that would be bad enough but the fact is almost every government has brought in similar freedom-restricting measures and now has the justification to continue them as long as they wish, the virus isn't going away and neither are the restrictions.

Do you not see that the fact this is happening across the world regardless of the ideology of the various administrations as a sign that it might be about a deadly disease not creeping totalitarianism?

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Have they seen how people will queue for toilet paper in this country?

I worked at a supermarket over Christmas time in years gone by - people will queue at all sorts of hours. People go out to clubs and pubs in the early hours of the morning. People get up at ungodly hours to go on holiday and to get to Glastonbury (and work - their all-important endgame). 24-hour hubs/early hours appointments would be a breeze.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

There’s been many ridiculous hot takes on this thread over the months but bitching about non-clinical staff administering vaccines might be the most ridiculous one I’ve seen.

Administering an intramuscular vaccine is not a difficult task. You can be taught how to do it very easily. Why limit it to those who have other very important tasks to be doing? 

It's part of a conspiracy to get the army to force vaccinate you against your will!

WAKE UP SHEEPLE!

They will do this so they can keep you in lockdown forever. I'm not quite sure why the vaccine helps with that but it's all very bad.

34 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

As someone who has made multiple hospital visits recently I can tell you that they are busy but they are also trying to reduce as many people on site as possible. 

The last time I went for a physical appointment for a scan I could have easily filmed an empty corridor as I walked down it. It doesn’t show the full picture though and doesn’t mean the hospital isn’t busy. 

If anything this pandemic has reduced the amount of people in hospital that don’t need to be there. Whole families taking a day out no longer happens, If possible they are doing appointments via video, I had one this afternoon while I was working. I’m hoping that continues as I didn’t have to take any time off. 

I have had similar experiences!! Very efficient and thorough by video call telephone call or face to face appointments! 

1 minute ago, mcshed said:

Do you not see that the fact this is happening across the world regardless of the ideology of the various administrations as a sign that it might be about a deadly disease not creeping totalitarianism?

That would be a good point if the measures being introduced had a clear benefit in reducing transmission, many of them don't, they are illogical and are changed weekly keeping the people in a state of fear and confusion.

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I worked at a supermarket over Christmas time in years gone by - people will queue at all sorts of hours. People go out to clubs and pubs in the early hours of the morning. People get up at ungodly hours to go on holiday and to get to Glastonbury (and work - their all-important endgame). 24-hour hubs/early hours appointments would be a breeze.

I've been outside an Apple Store in the early hours queuing for the iPhone X, so I can't exactly not do the same for a vaccine 😆 

5 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I think getting the number of staff to run it 24 hours would be a blocker at the moment 

6 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

keeping the people in a state of fear and confusion

If that were the purpose, which it isn't, it certainly seems to be working on you. You are being silly.

I find the fact that people believe this sort of conspiracy bullshit way more frightening than government restrictions being brought in during a pandemic. As we saw with Trump's Q Army it is shocking what people will do once they abandon the truth.

Edited by mcshed

Just now, jannybruck said:

Auntie (80+) just had her second jab for next week cancelled and moved to mid March, with the reasoning that they're concentrating on getting more people their first jab instead. Not sure if this is now a national thing.

Yes it’s a national thing. Been fairly widely publicised. 

5 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Did see the stories around it but it read like it was just being considered, rather than officially implemented. I'm sure one is decent enough at this point.

Basically they have decided from a public health view that a lesser degree of protection for more people is better than a higher degree of protection for fewer people. The second dose should bring them up to 90% or so. Initial dose should confer 70% or so.

Makes sense when in an emergency but it's a compromise based on need.

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thinking out loud .... if this new variant were more tranmisable how is it possible that we might be starting to see some drops in the infections ? with a lighter lockdown than lockdown 1 ? 

Lockdown 1 drove the R down to a very low level of around 0.6, it will never get that low under this variant.

But you only need to get it to 0.9 to start seeing drops. 

15 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thinking out loud .... if this new variant were more tranmisable how is it possible that we might be starting to see some drops in the infections ? with a lighter lockdown than lockdown 1 ? 

Because we know more about how it spreads this time. Remember in lockdown 1 it was "wash your hands" and everyone obsessed with not touching anything and wiping everything down... now we know it's mostly in the air and masks are more important. It's also why, frankly, a lot more people are working. Because we know some industries are relatively safe this time round, and didn't before.

3 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Liverpool...

Another confirmation that moving areas to Tier 2 was a bad idea. 

Wrong time to allow people more wiggle room. It’s not the fault of the people of Liverpool. The government said they could go out and enjoy themselves and now they are seeing the consequences of that political decision. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Wrong time to allow people more wiggle room. It’s not the fault of the people of Liverpool. The government said they could go out and enjoy themselves and now they are seeing the consequences of that political decision. 

Oops quoted the wrong message 🙈

Those Liverpool numbers = 🥴

Edited by Radiochicken

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Spot on, then allowing Christmas mixing on top of that too.