When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Considering No 10 weren’t able to answer why he was exercising 7 miles from his home it does appear that’s not in the spirit of the rules. 

If you're going for a decent run or bike ride, you'll be a few miles away from home at some point. Unless I should have run 13 miles around my city centre block on Saturday instead of heading out to some quieter parts of town!

33 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

And that’s where I worry that certain interventions are here to stay.

We simply can't afford fo have social distancing long term. So what are you worried about?  I suspect there will be more hand sanitiser around when you're out and about.  Some people will continue to wear masks especially when they have a cold. Nothing that infringes on anyone's liberties.

As to when it ends, there is huge financial pressure to get things back to normal, this summer will be more normal than last summer which was more normal than right now. Things will change gradually there won't be a big snap back to normal.

1 minute ago, MEGABOWL said:

I wouldn’t go that far but we will need to watch them. It’s truly astonishing to see how trusting people are of this Government. One that contains Priti Patel, Michael Gove and Dominic Raab. One that is demonstrably, even proudly untrustworthy. They’ll Wade in on their incompetence and the way they lie about their incompetence, but still think they can be relied on to give back powers they take for themselves. Cognitive Dissonance at its finest.

If it was just our government that would be bad enough but the fact is almost every government has brought in similar freedom-restricting measures and now has the justification to continue them as long as they wish, the virus isn't going away and neither are the restrictions.

1 minute ago, gizmoman said:

If it was just our government that would be bad enough but the fact is almost every government has brought in similar freedom-restricting measures and now has the justification to continue them as long as they wish, the virus isn't going away and neither are the restrictions.

The measures do have an end date in law as does the Coronavirus Act too. 

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

You get some real petty bitchy shit on here sometimes.

Ah everyone's stressed and wants this sh*t to end! It's kind of natural to be bickering about technicalities, but in reality, if there's a few weeks or even a couple of months difference between when it's projected to end and when it does, it doesn't really matter...what matters is it ends. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

In order to do what, out of interest?

1 minute ago, Toilet Duck said:

Ah everyone's stressed and wants this sh*t to end! It's kind of natural to be bickering about technicalities, but in reality, if there's a few weeks or even a couple of months difference between when it's projected to end and when it does, it doesn't really matter...what matters is it ends. 

stop being so zen.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, gizmoman said:

Hospitals are not at capacity, many parts of hospitals are empty as some of the videos have shown, the ICU's are busy as they are every winter, December is the worse month so things should slowly improve now. The point of the "empty hospital" videos is not to show covid doesn't exist but that people are not getting treated for the stuff they would normally attend hospital for, if parts of the hospital are deserted (and some are, I've seen it for myself locally) then the people who would normally be getting treatment are having to wait or go without, this will have an effect on excess mortality.

I had a gastro appointment by phone today, I have a physio appointment by phone tomorrow, both of these would be at a hospital in normal times. Hospitals are at capacity, dangerously so in parts of the South East.

But this weird conspiracy digression doesn't alter my point, you asked why let non medical staff administer the flu vaccine as well as COVID, well we have expanded the flu vaccination program this year because of COVID for the purpose of relieving the pressure on hospitals whether or not you believe in it.

13 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

My aunt got her second dose the other day. She said it was CHAOS. They cram loads of people into a tight space barely distanced and the room is unventilated. Of course everyone is wearing masks but then you all sit in close proximity for the Pfizer jab for 15 mins. I would be surprised if there wasn’t covid transmission in the vaccine centres!! 

5 minutes ago, Copperface said:

When you get beneath the skin of that document, it's pretty woolly and vague with a shitload of wriggle room.

Perhaps. But what doesn't have wiggle room is actual daily reported stats of number of injections which are already at 200k per day with room to increase which makes it on for that February target.

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Have they seen how people will queue for toilet paper in this country?

Yep - and my mum is a phlebotomist and she said the ‘oldies’ love to start queuing from 6am sometimes to be first in queue for their bloods taken at her clinics. So I’m certainly sure they wouldn’t mind queuing for something which can undeniably save their life!!

There’s been many ridiculous hot takes on this thread over the months but bitching about non-clinical staff administering vaccines might be the most ridiculous one I’ve seen.

Administering an intramuscular vaccine is not a difficult task. You can be taught how to do it very easily. Why limit it to those who have other very important tasks to be doing? 

On 1/7/2021 at 2:21 PM, northernringo said:

Think NI is up to just under 2.5% of the population vaccinated as of Jan 5th too.

Looks like we are up to around 3.65% now, just under 70,000 have had their first dose of the vaccine.

Don't think any of our vaccination centres are open yet though.