When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

42 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

2.4 million jabs administered so far according to bbc news 

27 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Seeing 2.4 million already vaccinated fills me with hope. 

A feeling of optimism pouring through my body. 

I know there’s a long way to go, but we’re moving in the right direction. 

5 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

What was it Hancock said on Andrew Marr yesterday- was it 2 million? And today it is 2.4 million?

400k got their second dose in before the rule change. 2 million people have had at least one jab. 2.4m total jabs have been injected. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Johnson’s been caught going for a cycle ride 7 miles from No 10. Whilst not the end of the world this morning Downing Street were saying the advice was to stay in the part of the city you are in. 

7 miles from number 10 I would say is within the rules .... hes not driven anywhere and hes exercising from a home address ....

24 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Yeah I agree, they’ve done well so far with the vaccinations but this doesn’t make up for everything else.

Hopefully the numbers from NYE won’t be bad!

18 minutes ago, Snerrick said:

When are we likely to see the NYE spike? I've not been following the stats that closely tbh - do we have an idea of when the peak is likely to be?

If we were going to see one (and I’m far from convinced that we will) it should be imminent. It’s been 10 days now which is long enough for a large portion of potential infectees to develop symptoms and get tested. If the numbers remain stable in the next 2-3 days then I’ll say we got through NYE without a discernible spike. 

Just now, steviewevie said:

you should have had that bet....although I never pay up anyway.

I think we're all a bit shellshocked at how poorly Tier 3 worked before Christmas and didn't expect anything to happen until the school closure effect started to be seen - but the schools have been shut all along (apart from that one day) and not letting people go to the shops is pretty significant.   

I'm going to make another prediction - the one day of open schools isn't going to lead to a massive spike. 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

If we were going to see one (and I’m far from convinced that we will) it should be imminent. It’s been 10 days now which is long enough for a large portion of potential infectees to develop symptoms and get tested. If the numbers remain stable in the next 2-3 days then I’ll say we got through NYE without a discernible spike. 

I agree - we won't.

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

7 miles from number 10 I would say is within the rules .... hes not driven anywhere and hes exercising from a home address ....

Considering No 10 weren’t able to answer why he was exercising 7 miles from his home it does appear that’s not in the spirit of the rules. 

1 minute ago, fraybentos1 said:

Of all the things Johnson has got wrong, cycling 7 miles from home ranks somewhere near the bottom. Seriously, who cares?

I mean we all agree that this is a ridiculous thing to be worried about, its such a minor rule break. But this is the prime minister who is setting these rules, encouraging people not to travel unnecessarily. Didn't all the MPs defend fining that women who drove outside her local area the other day  https://www.thejournal.ie/matt-hancock-flex-of-lockdown-5321369-Jan2021/

This is why people care that the prime minister broke the rules, because ordinary people are still getting fined and being told they are the reason lockdown isnt working, and then government officials do the same thing

1 minute ago, ace56blaa said:

I mean we all agree that this is a ridiculous thing to be worried about, its such a minor rule break. But this is the prime minister who is setting these rules, encouraging people not to travel unnecessarily. Didn't all the MPs defend fining that women who drove outside her local area the other day  https://www.thejournal.ie/matt-hancock-flex-of-lockdown-5321369-Jan2021/

This is why people care that the prime minister broke the rules, because ordinary people are still getting fined and being told they are the reason lockdown isnt working, and then government officials do the same thing

yeah, and he's a c**t.

1 minute ago, ace56blaa said:

Yeah, it’s definitely not a big thing at all but still has importance as you note. However it was in the news so thought I’d post it.

Edited by Ozanne

On 1/8/2021 at 2:39 PM, northernringo said:

Another day, another slight drop, four days in a row now so hopefully it looks like our growth has slowed significantly and is possibly going to start falling.

Still a massive 1,500 new cases, but now down from 599.8 to 588.6 per 100,000. 

There was a little increase on Saturday to stop the streak but the figures announced on Sunday decreased the rate per 100,000 and today we have announced numbers below 1,000 for the first time since the Xmas period I think.

The 7 day rate per 100,000 is now down to 509.7, which is a significant drop from 664.7 last Monday.

Continues to look like we are through the post-Xmas peak and cases are falling. Hopefully this trend continues over the next weeks.

EDIT: I'm obviously only talking about NI here.

Edited by northernringo