When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Government ruling out scrapping support bubbles... at least for the time being 

Fuck em ... that’s my advice to anyone that needs them .... screw that absolute bollocks .... whilst businesses and non essential workplaces are still open ... oops miss read ... as you were 

Edited by crazyfool1

Right very depressing outlook this morning. 

But reading all of the things they are planning to impose as new measures are horseshit.  - We all know that the main reason for increased cases is indoor contacts. So doing stuff like limiting exercise to once a week is bullshit. I'm so annoyed I have spent every single one of these ten months complying with lockdown rules. Even in summer when the government relaxed the rules I still didn't go to restaurants or cinemas or pubs. I haven't been inside a vehicle or a friends house since march. Every-time I even go to to the small shop near me I make sure I get essential items and make the shop count. 

The one thing I do is have a daily exercise walk and weekly exercise walk and catch up with a friend, we are distanced and don't share anything. 

So essentially people who actually follow the rules are gonna be asked to do more and more stuff that seems unnessecery in order to offset the fact that tons are still ignoring the rules, that businesses have decided to remain open this time. Both factors that come down to people not being able to follow the governments advice, businesses cause they are running out of money, some people are just arseholes, but a lot of people just can't see why they need to follow the rules, they don't see any results, because the government never does their part. 

Boris is excellent at throwing restrictions on us, he'll be happy to start raking in money from fines, asking a nation of people in the deepest recession to start paying fines for utterly nonsensical rules that change one minute to the next. I understand what I have to do to keep myself and those around me safe, but understand why some people really have no idea what to trust. 

I understand that we are asking to sacrifice not much, compared to frontline workers giving up their time and health and safety, and I will comply with rules if they are put in place. But I am sick of the government getting away with everything, no one in office getting fired. When more and more restrictions fall on us each week because of their mistakes. If there was consequences for MPs and the PMs actions maybe people would feel different about their own. 

6 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

But reading all of the things they are planning to impose as new measures are horseshit.  - We all know that the main reason for increased cases is indoor contacts. So doing stuff like limiting exercise to once a week is bullshit. I'm so annoyed I have spent every single one of these ten months complying with lockdown rules. Even in summer when the government relaxed the rules I still didn't go to restaurants or cinemas or pubs. I haven't been inside a vehicle or a friends house since march. Every-time I even go to to the small shop near me I make sure I get essential items and make the shop count. 

The one thing I do is have a daily exercise walk and weekly exercise walk and catch up with a friend, we are distanced and don't share anything. 

So essentially people who actually follow the rules are gonna be asked to do more and more stuff that seems unnessecery in order to offset the fact that tons are still ignoring the rules, that businesses have decided to remain open this time. Both factors that come down to people not being able to follow the governments advice, businesses cause they are running out of money, some people are just arseholes, but a lot of people just can't see why they need to follow the rules, they don't see any results, because the government never does their part. 

Boris is excellent at throwing restrictions on us, he'll be happy to start raking in money from fines, asking a nation of people in the deepest recession to start paying fines for utterly nonsensical rules that change one minute to the next. I understand what I have to do to keep myself and those around me safe, but understand why some people really have no idea what to trust. 

I understand that we are asking to sacrifice not much, compared to frontline workers giving up their time and health and safety, and I will comply with rules if they are put in place. But I am sick of the government getting away with everything, no one in office getting fired. When more and more restrictions fall on us each week because of their mistakes. If there was consequences for MPs and the PMs actions maybe people would feel different about their own. 

I know it’s tough mate and the government are getting away with too much. Their time will come though when the public enquiry is opened. We are nearly at the end, vaccinations are ramping up and the days are getting longer. We’ll be out of this soon. 

12 minutes ago, ace56blaa said:

I agree with this and just taking the wider sentiment of your post think may others will as well. I think there are lines that people won't accept being crossed and limiting exercise anymore than say being outside an hour a day people just won't do. I've followed the rules as you have, but I certainly wouldn't follow that one. 

Just now, zahidf said:

What are the current hours?

Maybe 24 hours is unrealistic at this point while we vaccinate the very old but certainly we should aim for 24 hours when we are vaccinating the under 50s I think.

I think for the older generations we could certainly vaccinate from 5am - midnight though without any great issues.

I have to tell myself to not be goaded into thinking fuck it and just doing what I want. Behaviour be guided by the idea it spreads at close contact particularly in indoor spaces. If I were to test positive can I stand over who I've potentially infected. For those who mix to make a living, aim anger at government for lack of support. I draw strength from the discipline I showed at the hardest times . 

38 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

Sadly that first parts not true - I can't get some things I want from Germany post brexit.  

Didn't want to get in to that but: yes. We lost the right to personally import goods and pay our own taxes on them at the end of last year. Again, I think that's another restriction of our freedom that's far bigger than being told to stay indoors for a month.

45 minutes ago, Copperface said:

Without trying to be argumentative, where has that stat come from?

Hospital data of who is in ICU, in this thread somewhere. Slightly odd that none of the age most likely to have it bad are there.

It was openly admitted as happening in the first lockdown, and is pretty much standard for winter flu each year.

14 minutes ago, northernringo said:

What are the current hours?

Maybe 24 hours is unrealistic at this point while we vaccinate the very old but certainly we should aim for 24 hours when we are vaccinating the under 50s I think.

I think for the older generations we could certainly vaccinate from 5am - midnight though without any great issues.

I think this should be a real consideration - especially as we will be in to longer daylight hours and warmer weather when it comes around for the lower ages groups. 

If someone offered me a 2am jab in June or a 2pm one in September I'd be setting my alarm. 

1 minute ago, Chef said:

I think this should be a real consideration - especially as we will be in to longer daylight hours and warmer weather when it comes around for the lower ages groups. 

If someone offered me a 2am jab in June or a 2pm one in September I'd be setting my alarm. 

If we have the jabs, then open in 24 hours ASAP.

The government clearly want to ease restrictions as much as possible, as soon as possible, for the sake of the economy, so it really is in their best interests (if not for people’s actual health) for them to really prioritise and ramp up vaccinations as much as possible. And credit to them, they seem to have this in hand so far.