When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

I've got to say I noticed more gaps than usual in Tesco today - will be interesting to see what happens the next couple of weeks 

supply chains getting hit by Brexit ... and staff off in all areas of distribution and processing hit by the perfect storm of covid  and brexit .... adding in the extra demand for homeshopping .... the people moved to help fulfil those orders would likely be people that usually fill the shelves 

19 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I've got to say I noticed more gaps than usual in Tesco today - will be interesting to see what happens the next couple of weeks 

Same. Went to Asda one evening last week, and they didn't have most of the things I went in for! Fresh fruit and veg seemed particularly low

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Hard lockdown now - Not happening yet

Mass vaccination - Good start, potentially doable

Border control - Not yet (odd for a Vote Leave government)

Excellent contact tracing - Not happening yet

The government need to get their asses in gear.

It's all about the vaccines now...this is the governments get out of jail card.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

As I was saying before on lockdown adherence...

I don't mean to be rude but did you read those tweets? The 2nd one says:

"It’s a very tough package of measures, it was only introduced four days ago and it’s too early to say whether it’s having an impact, it will take 10 days to two weeks to see. Adherence is key, I wouldn’t expect more measures."

Too early to tell that's along with Matt Hancock saying this morning the majority are following restrictions which is what I've been saying all along. The article doesn't actually reference compliance and focusses on the current measures not being enough.

You are falling for the government plan's blaming the public instead of the measures that are in place. 

14 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Hard lockdown now - Not happening yet

Mass vaccination - Good start, potentially doable

Border control - Not yet (odd for a Vote Leave government)

Excellent contact tracing - Not happening yet

The government need to get their asses in gear.

Is there really a chance we will have more lockdowns after this one? I thought this was almost certainly the last time due to vaccinations providing the end of restrictions..?

1 minute ago, Euphoricape said:

Is there really a chance we will have more lockdowns after this one? I thought this was almost certainly the last time due to vaccinations providing the end of restrictions..?

I'd say the chances are very small of another lockdown next winter, but that's her point if the government don't get everything sorted then there's a risk we might need one.